News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

DeAgostini - new for 2018

Started by Halichoeres, November 27, 2018, 06:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

DeAgostini is releasing a strikingly similar set to the Diramix blind bag set released earlier this year. They're very ugly!

Link:
https://www.originalsandco.com/it/collections/seadinosaurs-maxxi

For reference, the genera are:
Askeptosaurus
Ceresiosaurus
Dunkleosteus
Ichthyosaurus
Kronosaurus
Lariosaurus
Liopleurodon
Metriorhynchus
Mosasaurus
Nothosaurus
Ophthalmosaurus
Pistosaurus
Placodus
Plesiosaurus
Tylosaurus

Although none of them are well done and some of them look suspiciously like different bad paint jobs on the same bad mold. Still, there's a couple of these I think I have to go for.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

Are these soft rubber? Going to look out for some of these too.

Un(?)fortunately I'm seeing a lot of interesting species choices in those bird and lizard sets. I can feel the money leaving me.

Ravonium

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 27, 2018, 07:03:06 PM
Are these soft rubber? Going to look out for some of these too.

Yep, definitely looks like the material they're made of is at least rubber-like.

While the material makes these way outside my scope, some of these are definitely some interesting choices of taxa.

Roselaar

I don't think they're too bad, I kinda like them. :)

Wild choice of species! I'm already falling behind on updating the USL, but maybe I had better wait until better pics of some of these can be found online...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on November 27, 2018, 10:47:27 PM
I don't think they're too bad, I kinda like them. :)

Wild choice of species! I'm already falling behind on updating the USL, but maybe I had better wait until better pics of some of these can be found online...

Well, if I can hunt them down I'll definitely furnish some. Might be a challenge, though--they don't seem to get as much resale as the Diramix versions.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

RobinGoodfellow

...to be honest, they look horrible to me but "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so a couple of video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zghx-ztZUbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhXFeQIwgaY

???

suspsy

I give them props for selecting some lesser known genres as well as old favourites. A pity the Liopleurodon is coloured the exact same way it always is. :p
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Gotta agree with RobinGoodFellows that they look horrible, but I gotta have a couple of 'em because that's the sort of compulsive collector I am. But obviously I'd rather have the Triassic weirdos from Safari, CollectA, Favorite, or PNSO. Three of the latter just don't seem willing to take the chance. Maybe the market can only support an obscure animal like Askeptosaurus in blind bag format where all kids really want is the Liopleurodon and will keep buying blind bags until they get one.

terrorchicken

ugh, why do they have to make them out of that gross stretchy material? :P

Flaffy

I'm sure that these will have a lot more value if they weren't made out of this soft material.
The only reason I haven't gotten any of these is because soft material like this tend to be fragile and deteriorates over time.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.