News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinotoyforum's art

Started by DinoToyForum, March 16, 2012, 10:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

All my art is available on my plesiosaur website here: http://plesiosauria.com/artwork/

But it won't hurt to post a few here every now and again.  :)

Plesiosaurus

Amargasaurus

Elasmosaurus

Scelidosaurus

sepp

I love the perspective on the Elasmosaurus! <3

Lio99

I love the two Rhomaleosaurus playing
nice work!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lio99 on March 16, 2012, 11:20:43 AM
I love the two Rhomaleosaurus playing
nice work!

This one:

Over 10 years old!  :'( Back in the days when Geocities still existed, and the Dino Toy Forum was but a twinkle in my eye.

Lio99

Arioch

Nice job! I like very much the pattern on both plesiosaurs. The scelidosaur is spot on (and the colored version, even better).

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Arioch on March 16, 2012, 12:32:38 PM
Nice job! I like very much the pattern on both plesiosaurs. The scelidosaur is spot on (and the colored version, even better).

Thanks, I should really find the time to scan the Scelidosaurus painting properly, the  current version is a digital photo!

Himmapaan

Quote from: sepp on March 16, 2012, 11:10:13 AM
Yes!

I like the Amargasaurus very much too. I also tend to draw sauropods walking away from the viewer. I'm not sure why, but it seems an especially apt perspective, somehow; apart from the practical issue of fitting in all that neck and tail.  ;D

You ought to post the picture of your Plesiosaurus illustration on display with the Honington plesiosaur, too.  :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 16, 2012, 01:30:36 PM
Quote from: sepp on March 16, 2012, 11:10:13 AM
Yes!

I like the Amargasaurus very much too. I also tend to draw sauropods walking away from the viewer. I'm not sure why, but it seems an especially apt perspective, somehow; apart from the practical issue of fitting in all that neck and tail.  ;D

You ought to post the picture of your Plesiosaurus illustration on display with the Honington plesiosaur, too.  :)

Oh, go on then.

In fact, the 'Playing Rhomaleosaurus' also appeared in the Warwick museum for a period:

As did my Ichthyosaurus (if you can spot it):

I also have artwork on display in the Bristol Museum and elsewhere, I must share the pics some time.

Himmapaan

Ah, excellent. And please do!

brontodocus

Lovely! :) I think I've seen most of them before. Oh, was it also your idea to give the Honington plesiosaur a KinTo / Favorite skull? ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on March 16, 2012, 06:22:19 PM
Lovely! :) I think I've seen most of them before. Oh, was it also your idea to give the Honington plesiosaur a KinTo / Favorite skull? ;D

Yep  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Glad to someone else still likes Amargasaurus with webbing.. ;D

ZoPteryx

Great work!  The Elasmosaurus has to be my favorite! :)

Takama

I recall that you had some clay sculpts at one time.

do you still have those, or did they fade away into the sands of time?

Roktman

Tylosaurus

Very cool that your art is being showed in large scale museums, that will make you good publicity too, very cool stuff DTF! :D ;D :P
Do people ask the artists of those arts and are they often redirected to you?

I can imagine how cool this can be hehe :P

Meso-Cenozoic

Adam, do you still find much time to draw anymore? I know you have a pretty full schedule most of the time (if not all the time!). You really are a very accomplished artist. it would be a shame if you couldn't squeeze in some draw time from time to time.

DinoToyForum

Meso, sadly not :( And I'm out of practice too. I'm hugely inspired by all of the art on the forum though, it makes me want to get back in the game. I'm considering getting one of those pen-like mice to produce digital work, but don't know where to begin.

Here's a never-before-seen sketch of mine, a Camarasaurus head study I produced a few years back. I was never really happy with it as a whole (I messed up some bits beyond repair), hence I have kept it hidden, but feel I managed to capture a certain something in the eye.

tyrantqueen

I believe you are referring to a graphics tablet. If you're thinking about getting one, I would recommend one brand and one brand only- Wacom.
They're quite expensive (Cintiq being over 1000 pounds) but the cheaper Bamboo ones are around 40 pounds or so, and they're aimed at beginners.
I used to have a Bamboo myself, but I gave it to my sister who is studying art at university.

Nice Camarasaurus :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.