News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

zbrush sculptures

Started by spinosaurus1, December 28, 2018, 09:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

getting back into zbrush and decided to start on a nice feathered boi :) heres my sinosauropteryx wip

DinoToyCollector

Hey avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 ,
I am very curious about your results, because I am also currently dealing with 3D models. What feathered friend will it be?
I am looking forward to see the first pictures :)

spinosaurus1

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on December 29, 2018, 10:14:01 AM
Hey avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 ,
I am very curious about your results, because I am also currently dealing with 3D models. What feathered friend will it be?
I am looking forward to see the first pictures :)

thats awesome. what program are you using? this is my first time trying out a feathered dinosaur in zbrush, so it's a learning experience for me as well. the creature being modeled is sinosauropteryx.

DinoToyCollector

At the moment I use Blender and try out MudBox. But I've only been working on it for a week now. I used to work a lot with 3DS and got used to Blender pretty fast ...

But now back to you:
I have already admired your sculptures in other threads. I'm curious if your ZBrush models are as beautiful as your other sculptures. Can you show us a few intermediate steps of progress when you're done? No hurry, take your time. I only ask for current interest ;)

Patrx

A note about the images there, avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1, only you will be able to see the images you've embedded from Discord, since the rest of us aren't logged into that server (at least, I think that's why). If you upload them somewhere else, like Imgur or Flickr, or even Facebook, you should be able to show them properly :)

spinosaurus1

spinosaurus1

Patrx

Yes, now I can see them–looks pretty good so far!

DinoToyCollector

avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1
Wow, that is already very impressive. I think I can only dream of achieving that quality myself. But training is everything, right?

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

spinosaurus1

giganotosaurus wip

spinosaurus1

Brocc21

Do you color these? May we suggest colors?
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

ImADinosaurRARR

Hay, I saw you on Discord :D I know you probably won't accept, but I'm a CGI animator and, if you want, I could retopologize, rig and animate one or two of these. I just find that sort of thing fun.

spinosaurus1

Quote from: Brocc21 on January 02, 2019, 01:38:25 AM
Do you color these? May we suggest colors?

i do plan on coloring them eventually. color suggestions are certainly welcomed. :)

QuoteHay, I saw you on Discord :D I know you probably won't accept, but I'm a CGI animator and, if you want, I could retopologize, rig and animate one or two of these. I just find that sort of thing fun.

howdie :) feel free to message me through discord so we can talk more about it. i'm definitely interested

spinosaurus1

more progress on sinosauropteryx

Patrx

Very nice! I like the integument on the face.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyCollector

Very nice, the plumage is now super detailed - wow!

Lone Trike

Hey nice to see you´re back in sculpting business ;)
The Sinosauropteryx is looking fantastic. Although I think the plumage is a bit noisy, if I may say so. Maybe just accentuate some of the detail here and there. Or maybe try to use fibermesh or nanomesh for the feathers?
model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.