News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Arioch paleoart

Started by Arioch, March 16, 2012, 01:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arioch

New forum, new thread!

Some of my most recent stuff:

Majungasaurus:

Chasmosaurus in love:

Euoplocephalus:

Achillobator giganticus (background incoming):

Thalassodromeus in love:

Epidexipteryx:

Velociraptor & Protoceratops:

A young resting Balaur Bondoc:

A nasty surprise for Allosaurus:

Deinonychus, a good parent:

A deadly embrace (Neovenator and an iguanodontid):

Leallynasaura and Koolasuchus:

Yinlong:

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus:

Troodon formosus:

Old rivals, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Triceratops Horridus (some of you might remember the old lineart):

Beipiaosaurus inexpectus, the "Pandasaur" ;D:

Dilophosaurus wetherilli (more updated old stuff. Some details to fix on this one, like the right foot hallux.):

And the latest: Microraptor, the iridescent thief. Finished a week after that study about its true colors was published:

Incoming stuff:

Giganotosaurus carolinii:

And who knows what else...

Check out my Deviant gallery (my signature) if you want higher resolutions.  :)

Lio99

They are very nice the giganotosaurus looks a bit sluggish.

Patrx

Arioch, you may be interested to know that your Microraptor drawing is my new desktop background :)

ZoPteryx

I like the ultra feathery Troodon! ;)

Arioch

Quote from: Lio99 on March 16, 2012, 01:15:47 PM
They are very nice the giganotosaurus looks a bit sluggish.

Thanks. The "chubby" giga its actually a bit conservative if we consider a realistic mass estimation of a full grown specimen : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Giganotosaurus_scale.png. Just say no to skin-wrapped theropods.

Quote from: Pixelboy on March 16, 2012, 02:21:31 PM
Arioch, you may be interested to know that your Microraptor drawing is my new desktop background :)

Well, that´s really flattering!  Glad you like it.  ;)

Here´s another WIP work,  the recently discovered asian pterosaur Guidraco Venator.

Arioch

Just noticed that the pterosaur anatomy -and perspective, which I planned to fix later- is quite off, it needs a massive revamp.

Here´s the Giganotosaurus finished, I scaled it with a 6 ft. tall human. Note that this is the maximum estimated size (13 m. body lenght, 1,95 m. head lenght-maybe a bit oversized though), not your "average" giga.

ZoPteryx

That's a giga Giga! ;)  I really like the pterosaur!

Totoro

Fun to see some of our stuff collected here Arioch.  I agree with Zopteryx, I really like the new Gigantosaur and pterosaur!
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

Gryphoceratops

I like the panda colors!

Horridus

I really like your Giganotosaurus. Any chance of a 2nd version with a straight tail? As you're working digitally you don't have to worry about fitting it on the paper, right? ;D
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Arioch

Thanks!  ;)

Quote from: Horridus on March 19, 2012, 07:38:07 PM
I really like your Giganotosaurus. Any chance of a 2nd version with a straight tail? As you're working digitally you don't have to worry about fitting it on the paper, right? ;D

Not entirelly digital though. Since I´m not confident/skilled enough with the tablet pencil to make the lineart with it, the early sketch is still traditional made. :)

About the straight tail giga, sure thing! give me some time. But the resolution should be somewhat smaller, probably...

By the way, what do you think of the T. rex vs Triceratops update? Not a big fan or the old Rex, IIRC.. (and neither was I)

Ah, almost forgot to post this. A collaboration with the deviant artist Tomozaurus; I painted his speedy Carnotaurus with a cheetah like scheme:

http://tomozaurus.deviantart.com/#/d4t32tx

Right now I´m in the middle of another collab with the deviant pilsator, and I think its looking better.

Horridus

That's awesome, but I'm wondering if you could adjust the neck a bit. It seems to go a bit noodle-necked in the middle. Otherwise, very good job.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Himmapaan

Quote from: Arioch on March 19, 2012, 09:28:34 PMNot entirelly digital though. Since I´m not confident/skilled enough with the tablet pencil to make the lineart with it, the early sketch is still traditional made. :)

I'm glad to hear it.  ;)

The Carnotaurus looks beautiful.

Arioch

Thanks Niroot.  ;)

Quote from: Horridus on March 19, 2012, 09:32:01 PM
That's awesome, but I'm wondering if you could adjust the neck a bit. It seems to go a bit noodle-necked in the middle. Otherwise, very good job.

You actually should tell him! Its his creation after all, I can´t modify it. 8) But seriously,  I sort of agree (besides, you know I like theropods with beefy necks), so I´ll ask him.

Horridus

Quote from: Arioch on March 19, 2012, 09:43:43 PM
You actually should tell him! Its his creation after all, I can´t modify it. 8) But seriously,  I sort of agree (besides, you know I like theropods with beefy necks), so I´ll ask him.
Bah, yeah, right. Sorry. Total comprehension failure. Should stop trying to read so much at once  ???

I think we're right though! ;)

Beefy neck is beefy.
@Mhorridus

Totoro

Wonderful Carnotaurus illustration and coloring, you're a great team.  It went right onto my desktop background (a second for something you helped create Arioch!) replacing a rather stunning collared lizard.  The tail spines are a nice touch. 

Interesting how I just get overwhelmed by the artistry and miss the details, like the neck girth that Marc noticed.  Now that I look at it again, it does look a little thin, although I also can see it as  appropriate if you imagine this fine creature were in the process of lunging toward some prey, stretching out it's neck a bit. 

Anyway, nicely done!     
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

Arioch

Thank you so much, totoro. ;) I don´t know if Tomo drawed the neck like that for some particular reason like the one you mention, but he´s usually quite knowledgeable and nitpicky about dinosaurian anatomy, as you will see if you check his gallery. But well, nobody´s perfect.

And Horridus, about your request:

Arioch

Velociraptor mongoliensis study. I´ll probably use the one at the left in a size chart project.

Himmapaan

Hooray for tail streamers, eh? :D 

Am I allowed to claim credit for using them even before the new Microraptor findings? ;D

Arioch

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.