News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo Rex - If only...

Started by pylraster, September 01, 2012, 10:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pylraster

Oversized arms aside, I really love the new Papo T.Rex's body. I'm just not too fond of the Vastatosaur head. In fact that is the only thing that keeps me on the fence from buying this figure. I really wish they had kept the old head, or maintained its shape (even the pyramid hornlets, it's a JP figure after all).

I just played with the image a bit. I'd be all over this Rex if this was his head. Edited using GIMP. Didn't bother with the arms or the head hornlets at all.

tyrantqueen

I personally like the new head. It gives it an aged, grizzled appearance. I think it would have been boring if they had just recycled the old head from the sitting Rex :/

I would also like to point out that the body doesn't really match with the JP styled head you added.

The body of the running Rex has more of a thin, starved look to it. In Jurassic Park the Tyrannosaurus has quite a bulky body. The Papo running Rex has ribs and veins sticking out.

It's not a JP figure, it is not licensed by Kenner. It is heavily inspired by JP, but it is not official toy. Anyway, Papo seem to like to take inspiration for their toys from whatever monster movie they can.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.