News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Completing the Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs series

Started by suspsy, April 25, 2019, 12:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

In posting the latest guest review, I noticed that there are surprisingly few for the Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs line despite its popularity back in the day. Aside from Wendy's promotional toys, the only ones that have been reviewed thus far are the Ankylosaurus and, naturally, the Tyrannosaurus rex.

So here's a list of unreviewed toys:

Anatosaurus

Apatosaurus

Deinonychus

Dimetrodon

Moschops

Pachycephalosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Polacanthus

Protoceratops

Psittacosaurus

Spinosaurus

Stegosaurus

Struthiomimus

Triceratops

Ultrasaurus (you know, the really big one!)

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Libraraptor

I have the Moschops and the Apatosaurus. I could review them.

suspsy

Dinoguy2

I have all of these, but some aren't in the greatest condition (30 years of play by two generations of kids will do that!).
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

suspsy

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on May 11, 2019, 03:59:06 PM
I have all of these, but some aren't in the greatest condition (30 years of play by two generations of kids will do that!).

Feel free to submit a review or two or more anyway. Scratches and dings are fine; they add character to a toy. I'd probably draw the line at missing limbs, though!

brontosauruschuck

I have a Hadrosaur of some manner that I think might have been the Wendy's thing. If anyone knows what I'm talking about I can reviewed next time I go back to visit my parents (Which probably won't be for a while.)

Dinoguy2

Quote from: suspsy on May 14, 2019, 02:28:14 PM

Feel free to submit a review or two or more anyway. Scratches and dings are fine; they add character to a toy. I'd probably draw the line at missing limbs, though!

I just submitted reviews of Apatosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Ultrasaurus, and Leptoceratops. I think all the rest are in the kid's playroom at my parents house, so it might take me a while to get to those. The only other one I have at home is the Stegosaurus, but it's missing four or five plates. Anybody have a complete one?

suspsy

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on May 27, 2019, 11:58:55 AM
Quote from: suspsy on May 14, 2019, 02:28:14 PM

I just submitted reviews of Apatosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Ultrasaurus, and Leptoceratops. I think all the rest are in the kid's playroom at my parents house, so it might take me a while to get to those. The only other one I have at home is the Stegosaurus, but it's missing four or five plates. Anybody have a complete one?

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor has already called dibs on the Apatosaurus, I'm afraid, but the other four you sent will most definitely be going up! It's especially great that the mighty Ultrasaurus will finally have a review!

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on May 21, 2019, 08:42:02 PM
I have a Hadrosaur of some manner that I think might have been the Wendy's thing. If anyone knows what I'm talking about I can reviewed next time I go back to visit my parents (Which probably won't be for a while.)
http://www.16bit.com/fotd/160503-orange-wendys-anatosaurus.shtml
It's this one. It looks like maybe there's 2 Definitely Dinosaurs Anatosaurus figures. If nobody else has it I'd like to claim that review.

Cretaceous Crab

I can do reviews on the DD Psittacosaurus, Protoceratops, and Polacanthus, as well as the Imaginext Styracosaurus, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and Allosaurus.

suspsy

This is all excellent news! Go to it, everyone!  :D

suspsy

Dinoguy2

The rest of mine are in the kids' playroom at my parents house, so it may be a while before I can get to them, if anybody else wants to take a crack at the remaining Playskool. I'll check in again before I review any.

suspsy

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on May 28, 2019, 12:32:19 PM
Quote from: brontosauruschuck on May 21, 2019, 08:42:02 PM
http://www.16bit.com/fotd/160503-orange-wendys-anatosaurus.shtml
It's this one. It looks like maybe there's 2 Definitely Dinosaurs Anatosaurus figures. If nobody else has it I'd like to claim that review.

I don't know when I'll have time to go home and dig the Anatosaurus out of storage, so if anyone else has it, feel free to review it.

brontosauruschuck

Good news everyone! I just ordered the Wendy's Triceratops, so I can review that too. C:-) >:D :-[

Loon

suspsy

SidB

avatar_suspsy @suspsy, a hearty congratulations on your impending attaining of the 6000 post milestone. It's a remarkable achievement because it isn't merely quantity but, rather, is qualitatively a tremendous contribution to this forum. I'm confident that one can assert that the DTF (and DTB) would be a lesser resource and experience without your learned and insightful input. Thank you for your ongoing participation in the community.

brontosauruschuck

Hi, I'm going to do the Stegosaurus and the Psittacosaurus if nobody else wants to.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.