News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

toy-photograpy art project Primeval Battles from Germany

Started by Primeval Battles, May 03, 2019, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval Battles

Hi,

may name is Marlon from Germany and I am a hobby artist running a Dino Rider project

Primeval Battles

My artwork is also for sale. It would be a great honour if someone of you would be interested in having one of my "babies"

Primeval Battles

+++Portrait of my artwork : Triceratops with Hammerhead and Sidewinder++++

SOLD
ONE OF MY FAVOURITES

I LOVE ALL my BABIES (artwork) but if I were a customer of myself and had let´s say only funds for 2 artwork (together EUR 120 INCLUDING shippment by the way:-) ) this would be one of the 2

PICTURE 1: It was taken coincidentally on the birth of my cousin´s first child Leo. And this is the reason why my family-clan bought THIS artwork for Leo´s 4th birthday this May (also for my cousin and her husband). I LOVE it when I can connect the toy with the nature around it in that case COVER IT WITH MUD as Triceratops is just wading through a swamp. And in real it was a drainage canal near a shop where we usually buy our bikes (Karlsruhe, Germany). It was a humid day in May and after I had taken this shot I was sooo lucky, (also full of mud) I received a textmessage that Leo was born:-)

PICTURE 2: YEARS LATER in August 2018 I did the second shot with Triceratops. This time 500 km away from my home in a special place called " Lüneburg Heathland". This was such an adventure that I will tell you seperately:-) BUT it was so DAMN WORTHWHILE for you rarely can find such a great natural DIORAMA where the bushes all are GREAT (and exotic) from a Dino Rider toy-perspective. So you see even without photoshop there is much passion which one can´t see (but maybe feel?):-)

Primeval Battles

+++Portrait of my artwork : Deinonychus with pilot Sky++++

ONE OF MY FIRST pictures

- EUR 60 including shippment worldwide
-GPS co-ordinates and picture information are for customers only:-)

Picture 1: In our village is a drainage canal I often played in as a child. He rarely runs dry. In the year I took this picture it ran dry and I took the opportunity. It was one of my first shots and it was (too) hard to get the face of the pilot focussed. So I did what I always did in such cases: THE OVERALL IMAGE ( = whole toy-set) is more important to be in focus. The picture I LOVE because of the deep-green/brown muddy and real surroundings including the REED which looks loke BAMBOO from the DR perspective.

Picture 2: One GREAT detail of my project is that my family and I ventured to the SAME spot on holiday 3 x in a row and ALWAYS I had NEW DR toys with me. It is in Bavaria near the Alps in our hotel next to the swimming pool. I LOVE this ARTIFICIAL but simutaneaously "real" (from DR perspective) looking arrangements : Rocks-and- reed and was so HAPPY that I had THIS toy with me (I took it with me for a "just-in-case-motive" I so FINALLY found:-)

I hope you like reading my prifiles and it encourages you to maybe buy one of my "babies"

DinoToyForum

Hi Marlon and welcome to the Dinotoyforum. Interesting project!  8)

Primeval Battles

Thanks so much dinotoyforum for the chance to post my artwork here. And to all the others, I update this thread regularly. I hope you follow:-)

Tylosaurus

Helloes, thanks for your mail Primeval Battles, not the thing you'd see me do with my DR collecion but other than that it's quite a different method indeed.
Welcome to the DTF I'd say  :)

Brocc21

I never really got big on Dino riders but it looks like you've got some cool stuff!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Primeval Battles

Primeval Battles

+++Portrait of my artwork : Struthiomimus with pilot Nimbus++++

+++Portrait of my artwork : Struthiomimus with pilot Nimbus++++

(German) ebay-link: https://www.ebay.de/itm/223485692290

PICTURE 1: I am so VERY CURIOUS where THIS picture in particular will be sold to in the world for it shows a tiny part of my BELOVED grandma´s garden. THERE I REALLY played with Dino Riders when I was a child (and other famous toy-lines) not knowing that I one time will return to them in a different way. The picture looks like "easy prey" and YES I was undisturbed (YIIPPII) but in the background underneath these violet flowers is a concrete wall. LUCKILY I am a tabletop-player, too and have a suitable "background-on-a-cardboard" for my tabletop projects. The GREAT thing is, it really worked. No one (including ME) can see where the nature ends and the artificial background starts, they MELTED perfectly into each other:-)

PICTURE 2:In the famous Black Forest, which is not far away from me there is a place called "lynx.path" 5 years ago I took a picture there for my (now) completed MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE project "Eternia is everywhere". I took pictures of "Blasterhawk". Back then I saw a really GREAT diorama place for Struthiomimus and thought "If I ever do a DR project, I return here"-->AND I DID 5 years later in the same gentle stream which was so successful a background in 2013. I didn´t find the same spot but a very good alternative:-)

Primeval Battles

+++Portrait of my artwork : Deinonychus (evil) with pilot Antor++++

PICTURE 1: Bamboo is PERFECT. Now it can be often found in private gardens, zoos and the like. And yes it was the Karlsruhe Zoo (sw Germany) near I live in which to picture was taken. I HATE it being WATCHED while photographing-->so I chose an early opening hour and bad weather conditions to ensure being almost alone and I was. The nice thing is the RAINY day payed of WELL with the bamboo background.

PICTURE 2: IRONY -->where I live we have many GRAVEL-PITS so I don´t have to venture far to have a great DESERT motive BUT all of them are PRIVATE PROPERTY and it is awkward being caught by the security when enterning. After YEARS of search I found a gravel-pit where the owners are TOLERANT and allow a small piece to be entered by pairs (;-)) BBQers and swimmers after the catepillars stand still. So I ventured there and instead of having sex, swimming or drinking, I made this picture:-)

If you are interested and/or have questions let me know:-)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.