News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Has anyone ever tried to contract a paleoartist?

Started by brontosauruschuck, May 31, 2019, 08:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontosauruschuck

I tried to ask Danielle Dufault to draw a Brontosaurus for my band's logo once and she was super cool but I think, realistically speaking, she never had the time, so it never really happened.

Flaffy

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on May 31, 2019, 08:03:12 AM
I tried to ask Danielle Dufault to draw a Brontosaurus for my band's logo once and she was super cool but I think, realistically speaking, she never had the time, so it never really happened.
Did you offer payment for the drawing?

Flaffy

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on May 31, 2019, 09:55:51 AM
Of course.
Then she was probably either busy, not interested, or forgot about it as emails/messages can often get buried.

PumperKrickel

deleted

suspsy

I know Danielle. She's usually up to her eyes in work for the ROM. If she didn't get back to you, then it's probably because she missed the email or she's simply been too busy to get back to you.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

BlueKrono

Myself and two other DTF members are having a Brazilian paleoartist named Vitor Silva make us some sculptures of prehistoric critters of our choice. It's taken about two years so far, but the sculpts are finally done. It wasn't cheap, but still pretty reasonable for the incredible amount of detail and anatomical accuracy he does.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: Flaffy on May 31, 2019, 10:12:02 AM
Quote from: brontosauruschuck on May 31, 2019, 09:55:51 AM
Of course.
Then she was probably either busy, not interested, or forgot about it as emails/messages can often get buried.

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on May 31, 2019, 01:38:41 PM
Quote from: brontosauruschuck on May 31, 2019, 08:03:12 AM

You could simply try contacting her again and politely asking what happened.

Quote from: suspsy on May 31, 2019, 03:08:31 PM
I know Danielle. She's usually up to her eyes in work for the ROM. If she didn't get back to you, then it's probably because she missed the email or she's simply been too busy to get back to you.

I guess I wasn't clear. This was a couple of years ago. She got back to me and quoted me a price that I thought was very reasonable but she told me she was going to be on a dig soon and didn't know when she would have time. Plans changed and the tour got delayed anyway so that was that. I didn't mean to suggest this was a recent problem that I was currently having.

Mostly I'm just curious what experiences y'all have had trying to get paleoart done. If you know much about the community. Etc.

Libraraptor

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.