News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys of all time! The original poll has been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted in the previous stegosaur poll.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2018 - Results

Started by DinoToyForum, September 26, 2018, 07:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizerd

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 27, 2018, 04:43:10 AM
Congratulations to the Winners and to all the participants!

A humble request... I hope the participants could post a brief (or detailed if you prefer) breakdown of their dioramas as well as their thoughts on the whole creative process.

Congratulations again.  Awesome, awesome work!
I made I diorama in honor of the safari ltd Rex then thought it looked good and used it. It was bad  ;)
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lizerd on September 27, 2018, 11:23:25 AM
Quote from: ITdactyl on September 27, 2018, 04:43:10 AM
Congratulations to the Winners and to all the participants!

A humble request... I hope the participants could post a brief (or detailed if you prefer) breakdown of their dioramas as well as their thoughts on the whole creative process.

Congratulations again.  Awesome, awesome work!
I made I diorama in honor of the safari ltd Rex then thought it looked good and used it. It was bad  ;)

Keep at it. I like that you went to the effort to actually compose a backdrop. I only voted for entries that, like yours, constructed an environment for the figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ITdactyl

avatar_Lizerd @Lizerd , your effort is still way better than my years of procrastination. ;D

dreadmane

Congratulations to everyone and huge thanks to all that voted for my photo!
Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

Lizerd

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 27, 2018, 01:08:48 PM
avatar_Lizerd @Lizerd , your effort is still way better than my years of procrastination. ;D
Lol I'm either giving to my art teacher or axing it.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Crackington

Greetings!

The cast of Frozen: Fallen Kingdom would like to thank all those who voted for them and any who may have chuckled on seeing the feature. They also congratulate the worthy winners and all the other participants in this phenomenal panoramic prehistoric festival!

Please be re-assured that no princess, snowman, reindeer or dinosaur was hurt in the making of this production.

:)

Lanthanotus

My congratulations to all winners.... was a great year and so many nice entries. While I am a friend of so to say "true", build up dioramas, this should not lessen the 1st place and I am honestly flattered by that photography skills that made the forum vote for this particular figure :D

Ramose

I am so honored to have gotten an honorable mention!  It is so cool to be included with such amazing entries.  Thank you to everyone who voted. 
My diorama was built to fit inside a small glass display case.  I had originally intended it for one of my hadrosaurs but alas they did not fit so these little Shapeways theropods took their place.  The background is a photo I took years ago when visiting Sweden, and ended up being a perfect pine forest (every time I see a setting that looks vaguely prehistoric I photograph it just for future diorama use).  Here's a photo of the whole diorama without the background.
IMG_9909

Halichoeres

avatar_Ramose @Ramose I loved that diorama, definitely one of the ones that got my vote!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.