News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Email notifications not working

Started by Halichoeres, July 19, 2019, 05:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Yup, I'm getting both mention and message notifications by email again. avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum must have worked things out with Gmail, thanks very much!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Good! It wasn't anything I did directly, other than pestering my hosts to change/configure a server setting for me. Seems like they did it.  ^-^

Oh, I also changed the forum's admin address to [email protected], but that is just a temporary change (don't email me at that address, it is for automated messages only), though maybe that helped matters.

testing avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum

postsaurischian

Both mention and message notifications don't work anymore in my case.
It has been working for years but now it has changed although I haven't changed anything :( .

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 19, 2019, 07:59:56 AM
It has been working for years but now it has changed although I haven't changed anything :( .

For how long have you been experiencing this issue, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian ?

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 19, 2019, 09:56:43 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on September 19, 2019, 07:59:56 AM

For how long have you been experiencing this issue, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian ?

On August 23rd I got a PM from a forum member that I just could read when I logged in the DTF a few days later.
That was the first time I realized it. I was hoping it was an exception, but didn't get any notifications since then.

DinoToyForum

ceratopsian

I was getting email notifications if I'd been tagged in posts.  But that seems to have stopped at some point over the last few weeks.  Any ideas??

I can't say about the position over email notifications of messages received, as I haven't had any messages recently.

Halichoeres

Now you mention it, I haven't been getting notifications for either mentions or messages, but it doesn't seem to be a forum problem. Turns out they're going to spam!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ceratopsian

I check my spam folder fairly regularly, so that isn't the issue for me.

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 20, 2022, 07:47:17 PMNow you mention it, I haven't been getting notifications for either mentions or messages, but it doesn't seem to be a forum problem. Turns out they're going to spam!

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 20, 2022, 07:47:17 PMNow you mention it, I haven't been getting notifications for either mentions or messages, but it doesn't seem to be a forum problem. Turns out they're going to spam!

I keep getting them in spam, even after doing all the not junk and approved list actions. Something about the redirect makes filters unhappy

Halichoeres

Ah that's a pity, would have been too easy!

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 20, 2022, 09:16:57 PMI check my spam folder fairly regularly, so that isn't the issue for me.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 20, 2022, 09:16:57 PMI check my spam folder fairly regularly, so that isn't the issue for me.

While some email providers flag auto-generated emails as spam, other providers are now overly cautious and block auto-generated emails entirely. I deduced this to be the case for avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian so maybe this is the case for you as well. You can test this by linking your forum account to a different (non-Yahoo) email address to see if you can receive notifications at all. 

In short, I'm confident the notifications are sending, they're just being blocked for some users and that's unfortunately out of my hands.

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum.  I will try this. 
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 25, 2022, 10:14:20 AM

While some email providers flag auto-generated emails as spam, other providers are now overly cautious and block auto-generated emails entirely. I deduced this to be the case for avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian so maybe this is the case for you as well. You can test this by linking your forum account to a different (non-Yahoo) email address to see if you can receive notifications at all. 

In short, I'm confident the notifications are sending, they're just being blocked for some users and that's unfortunately out of my hands.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.