News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New Primal Clip at SDCC

Started by suspsy, July 20, 2019, 02:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Faelrin

That was great. Too bad I probably won't have a way to watch it when it comes out though, unless it ever gets on blu-ray or comes out online.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shadowknight1

Once freed from the shackles of standard Cartoon Network programming, Tartakofsky really goes for the edgy, bloody stuff, huh?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Gwangi

I get some real "Age of Reptiles" vibes from this. I'm digging it. Still wish the raptors has feathers. I know it's "awesomebro" but I think it could have worked.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Gwangi on July 22, 2019, 12:59:35 AM
I get some real "Age of Reptiles" vibes from this. I'm digging it. Still wish the raptors has feathers. I know it's "awesomebro" but I think it could have worked.
Those were meant to be raptors? I genuinely thought they were meant to be the male counterpart of the Tyrannosaurus (attacking ala bears presumably). The style looks great, but it would be nice if the designs drew a bit more influence from the real deal.

Gwangi

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 22, 2019, 04:06:18 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 22, 2019, 12:59:35 AM
Those were meant to be raptors? I genuinely thought they were meant to be the male counterpart of the Tyrannosaurus (attacking ala bears presumably). The style looks great, but it would be nice if the designs drew a bit more influence from the real deal.

Not those, no. I saw another clip that had raptors in it. I figured these things must be ceratosaurs or something.

ITdactyl

yup. The first teaser showed 3 raptor types lunge at something offscreen.

Ah Ceratosaurus, forever the devilish villain.

'love the animation style. I wonder how weird the stories would be. can't wait...

...and I'm guessing Greg forms a sort of bond with the momma tyrannosaur...

Gwangi

Watching it again I can see that the "ceratosaurs" have two fingered hands, so I have no idea anymore.

suspsy

I think it'll probably be futile to try and identify every species that shows up. They probably just decided that big nasal horns would look more menacing.

suspsy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4UN616BFDA&feature=youtu.be

Here's the newest trailer. The show debuts on Adult Swim on October 7. You'll believe that a beefy caveman and a young Tyrannosaurus rex can take down a woolly mammoth!

ITdactyl

My inner 6 year old is screaming.  WOW!

that angry pterosaur though....

Vidusaurus

dragon53

Gwangi

Thanks for sharing that D @dragon53! HUGE fan of the first season, I can't wait!

Prehistoric Planet
Jurassic World: Dominion
Primal Season 2
Camp Cretaceous Season 5

A lot of high profile dinosaur content this year and I'm thankful for it. And a little something for everyone.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Vidusaurus on September 11, 2019, 04:03:23 AMAhhhh this looks so bad

Grrr every show must be scientifically rigorous

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stegotyranno420

Because science is cool- duh
I don't like this new path primal has taken, it keeps getting weirder.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2022, 08:46:56 PMThanks for sharing that D @dragon53! HUGE fan of the first season, I can't wait!

Prehistoric Planet
Jurassic World: Dominion
Primal Season 2
Camp Cretaceous Season 5

A lot of high profile dinosaur content this year and I'm thankful for it. And a little something for everyone.

Very true! Lots of good stuff so far and the year is only half over.

I think it looks great. After reading all those comics as a kid, I don't see any issues thus far with what's presented.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 04, 2022, 10:54:34 PMBecause science is cool- duh
I don't like this new path primal has taken, it keeps getting weirder.
It's a fantasy series

CityRaptor

Let's see: First season had:
Dinosaurs and Cavemen together...okay, that is standard
Giant spiders
Giant bats
Witches
Stuff that causes you to hulk out
Zombies
Possibly a shapeshifter

Looks already pretty weird to me.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 05, 2022, 02:14:43 PMLet's see: First season had:
Dinosaurs and Cavemen together...okay, that is standard
Giant spiders
Giant bats
Witches
Stuff that causes you to hulk out
Zombies
Possibly a shapeshifter

Looks already pretty weird to me.
Multiple different kinds of "Ape-Men"

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.