News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2020

Started by Andreioli, July 23, 2019, 07:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreioli

News from Schleich about the first half of 2020 releases.
New dinos:
- Postosuchus
- Cryolophosaurus
- Agustinia
- Baryonyx
- Ankylosaurus
Source: https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/s01.php?shopid=s01&cur=eur&sp=en&ag=1&pp=sucheazu&offset=0&zu=75&sev=2&lim=120

Let's hope they're good !

Quote from: Mattyonyx on October 04, 2019, 07:19:25 PM
First images are online!

Takama

OK wow.

This is an interesting line up

Fenestra

After the surprisingly nice Dracorex and Diabloceratops this year, I'm actually curious to see the new Schleich figures for 2020.
I never thought I would say that......  ;D

khallam

Be interested to see how these turn out :)

suspsy

I wonder what the Agustinia will look like. The popular image of a spiky sauropod was debunked awhile back and some paleontologists even consider it a nomen dubium.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on July 23, 2019, 07:46:21 PM
I wonder what the Agustinia will look like. The popular image of a spiky sauropod was debunked awhile back and some paleontologists even consider it a nomen dubium.

Knowing Schleichs lack of Knowledge (Or Care) about the acuracy of there models. I imagine it would look like the Common Spiky Sauropod we all knew.

Remember, No everything they made recently looks fantastic. (Insect Carnotaurus comes to mind). My Theroy is that they let there Sculptors do the work on the model, and some are just more Knowlegeble on Dinosaurs then others.

Faelrin

Yeah their models are either a hit or miss now (though for a while now their herbivores have been mostly okay). Just hoping these won't be too bad.

Edit: Also Cryolophosaurus is one of my favorite genus, so I hope theirs will be done very well. Worst case scenario there is still the older Battat, and Papo models that are still pretty decent takes. Also that makes it the second Cryolophosaurus being made for 2020 so far (the other one we know about is from the Mattel JW line). I also hope that the Baryoynx will be decent too. I at least expect the Postosuchus to be retro looking, and the same goes for the Ankylosaurus since while most of their recent herbivores are probably nicely looking pieces, they aren't as accurate as they could be (such as the elephantine feet on the ceratopsians, etc).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Well, based on the past couple of years, I'd suggest that it would be reasonable to expect some decent, even good pieces and a silly one (e.g., Plesiosaurus) or two.

Jose S.M.

I'm hoping the Cryo is one of their good ones since I missed the Battat one and I want a Cryo that's not on that squatting pose of the Carnegie one.

Flaffy

I half expect the Agustinia to look like the monstrous Barapasaurus. God that thing still gives me nightmares...

Postosuchus will just be the outdated WWD quadruped reconstruction, I dont expect Schleich to be the first company to produce an updated bipedal postosuchus. I hope I'm wrong though.

The rest of the lineup is okay I guess. Schleich isn't topping PNSO's Anky, or Favourite's Bary any time soon. And we already have quite a few decent Cryolophosaurus figures on the market.

Concavenator

I'm curious to see the Agustinia, hopefully it is sculpted by Vlad.That said, I don't know what an up-to-date Agustinia looks like  ???

I'm not interested in the other species, as avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy says, they may very well be outclassed by other figures.

Ravonium

Quote from: Jose S.M. on July 23, 2019, 08:42:14 PM
I'm hoping the Cryo is one of their good ones since I missed the Battat one and I want a Cryo that's not on that squatting pose of the Carnegie one.

Seconded.

Quote from: Concavenator on July 23, 2019, 09:17:23 PM
That said, I don't know what an up-to-date Agustinia looks like  ???

Considering it's so poorly known, I doubt anyone does  :P

PrimevalRaptor

Those are some really interesting choices, here's to hoping they keep up the trend of their model improvements!
Though nothing will be able to top the Replica-Saurus Baryonyx.  :P

suspsy

I'm curious to see the Agustinia, hopefully it is sculpted by Vlad.That said, I don't know what an up-to-date Agustinia looks like  ???

Nobody knows; that's the point. What was originally though to be osteoderms turned out to be rib and hip fragments.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

ceratopsian

Quote from: suspsy on July 23, 2019, 09:42:02 PM

Nobody knows; that's the point. What was originally though to be osteoderms turned out to be rib and hip fragments.

Looking on the bright side: whatever the model looks like when it appears, at least I've learnt something I didn't know about Agustinia. I hadn't realised prior to this discussion that it was so poorly known/misunderstood.

Shonisaurus

Nice figures projected by Schleich:

Agustinia is an expected figure for me and I wish it was made at the same height as his diabloceratops and dracorex and not sculpted like Schleich's barapasaurus.

Schleich's baryonyx and cryolophosaurus would make good groups with the different versions of other brands that circulate in the collecting and toy market.

The postosuchus I hope you have a good threesome with your Safari and WWD counterparts in my collection.

As for the ankylosaurus, I wish it were at least the same quality level as its PNSO counterparts, Safari and Carnegie for giving three examples.

Every year it is amazing me more Schleich is a great company.

Silvanusaurus

YES. YES. YES. I knew it was only a matter of time. Now only Safari is left to step up to the plate, and the Baryonyx circle will be complete.

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on July 23, 2019, 09:30:55 PM
...nothing will be able to top the Replica-Saurus Baryonyx.  :P

Amen. But still... YES.

SBell

I'll pick up the Postosuchus. I'm not a fan of Schleich dinosaurs, but they often do okay with other prehistoric animals.

And I noticed a hyena attack set of some kind. That, I'm definitely interested in!

Libraraptor

I hope they confirm their upward Trend at least with the Postosuchus.
They still usually fail with 50 % of their releases, so I hope the Postosuchus belongs to the other half next year.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 24, 2019, 02:38:00 PM
I hope they confirm their upward Trend at least with the Postosuchus.
They still usually fail with 50 % of their releases, so I hope the Postosuchus belongs to the other half next year.

I also wish that Agustinia is in that fifty percent as you say, but I sincerely believe that the percentage of successes regarding good and outstanding Schleich replicas compared to the passable ones is higher.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.