News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2020

Started by Andreioli, July 23, 2019, 07:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irritation

Quote from: Concavenator on July 23, 2019, 09:17:23 PM
That said, I don't know what an up-to-date Agustinia looks like  ???

Considering it's so poorly known, I doubt anyone does  :P
[/quote]

While we don't actually know what an updated Agustina looks like, I'm gonna guess that it could be similar to the CollectA counterpart.

Jose S.M.

The spines seen on collecta Agustinia are now believed to be fragments of bone rather than spikes so the real Agustinia probably looked different.

terrorchicken

didn't know that recent news abut Augustinia, also didn't know that postosuchus no longer considered a quadruped. Guess that means Jurassic World's version will also be outdated.

PhilSauria

Even though the quality of Schleich's figures has been improving in recent years they still come out with some duds (anyone ordering that Plesiosaurus?) so I guess the expectation now is that the animal that you're looking forward to gets the A-game treatment. I know I am.

My hopes are on the Augustinia and Baryonyx - always look forward to new Sauropods and not sure if I'm in the minority in finding the CollectA Baryonyx a tad underwhelming so I hope that Schleich really steps up with theirs. (The Favorite being the best at the moment but it is unfortunately hard to find and most likely to cost you if you can)

Takama

Quote from: PhilSauria on July 24, 2019, 11:04:43 PM
Even though the quality of Schleich's figures has been improving in recent years they still come out with some duds (anyone ordering that Plesiosaurus?) so I guess the expectation now is that the animal that you're looking forward to gets the A-game treatment. I know I am.

PhilSauria

Have to admit that this is the sharpest image I have seen of this one - still not for me though and somewhat stylised (to my eyes) when placed alongside some of the other new Schleichs.

Gwangi

I think that Plesiosaurus is cute, would make a fun bath toy for kids.

Silvanusaurus

If the Baryonyx is sculpted by whoever did their new Spinosaurus then it could be pretty great...

CityRaptor

Just don#t get your hopes to high or you might get disappointed. Schleich may have improved, but there are still stinkers.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 26, 2019, 04:28:57 PM
Just don#t get your hopes to high or you might get disappointed. Schleich may have improved, but there are still stinkers.

Sincerely in this year 2019 Schleich has made very good figures like dracorex, diabloceratops and spinosaurus (in my particular case I would add the dimorphodon, animantarxy the giganotosaurus puppy although I do not have the same degree of genius of the figures outlined in the first place) you have to have faith that Schleich does things much better next year and maybe one hundred percent of his figures are well sculpted. We must not be so negative. Schleich is for me one of the best brands of toy dinosaurs at least in regards to the last two or three years, we know that it has its flaws and that everything is better in life but in my case I am very happy with Schleich .

Bokisaurus

Well, interesting lineup. With Schleich, its wait and see ;D

Killekor

Next years lineup looks really interesting! I'm curious to see their take of the Baryonyx! Will they make a great figure of it? Same thing about the Cryolophosaurus.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Killekor on July 28, 2019, 03:09:41 PM
Next years lineup looks really interesting! I'm curious to see their take of the Baryonyx! Will they make a great figure of it? Same thing about the Cryolophosaurus.

Killekor

In my case I wish that all the figures projected this January 2020 by Schleich be as I always say outstanding and of the same degree of quality as their spinosaurus, diabloceratops and dracorex. I hope my prayers are heard.

I want Schleich to be my favorite toy dinosaur brand. Cheer up Schleich I have the total hope that this year is impressive!

Toasaurus

Im hoping we atleasts get a ornithopod in the summer wave schleich really needs to make one

Renecito

I hope all those figures will be great, cause they has shown they are capable to do so!!!.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Renecito on July 30, 2019, 02:15:19 AM
I hope all those figures will be great, cause they has shown they are capable to do so!!!.

The 2019 Schleich spinosaurus, diabloceratops and dracorex are great. I agree with you, Schleich has created great figures.

Halichoeres

I might buy an Agustinia without the spikes (or even one with, considering how ugly the CollectA is), or a Postosuchus that's bipedal. Otherwise it's hard to imagine these could surpass versions of their respective species already on the market.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 05, 2019, 07:21:25 PM
I might buy an Agustinia without the spikes (or even one with, considering how ugly the CollectA is), or a Postosuchus that's bipedal. Otherwise it's hard to imagine these could surpass versions of their respective species already on the market.

I agree, the WS Postosuchus will be very difficult to surpass unless they attempt something unorthodox. On the other hand, it will not take much to exceed the CollectA Agustinia, assuming that Schleich sticks with their prized sculptor for that one.

Flaffy

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 08, 2019, 12:07:35 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on August 05, 2019, 07:21:25 PM

I agree, the WS Postosuchus will be very difficult to surpass unless they attempt something unorthodox. On the other hand, it will not take much to exceed the CollectA Agustinia, assuming that Schleich sticks with their prized sculptor for that one.

As long as they didn't have the sculptor who was responsible for the horrendous Barapasaurus make the Agustinia, I'll be satisfied. Probably.
In the end it's still Schleich, gotta set my expectations to zero for this one.

Halichoeres

On the other hand, it could fall to the same sculptor(s) who gave us Plesiosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus. In that case it would be roughly the equal of the CollectA Agustinia.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.