News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2020

Started by Andreioli, July 23, 2019, 07:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 08, 2019, 07:16:32 PM
On the other hand, it could fall to the same sculptor(s) who gave us Plesiosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus. In that case it would be roughly the equal of the CollectA Agustinia.

Now watch the Postosuchus suffer that fate!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on July 23, 2019, 09:30:55 PM
Those are some really interesting choices, here's to hoping they keep up the trend of their model improvements!
Though nothing will be able to top the Replica-Saurus Baryonyx.  :P
This is a top-tier bruh moment
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

On the other hand, it could fall to the same sculptor(s) who gave us Plesiosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus. In that case it would be roughly the equal of the CollectA Agustinia.
Seriously, is that guy TRYING to sabotage the company?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

If so, it is not worth buying the Augustinian Schleich 2020 will be much worse than its Collecta counterpart.

Takama

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on August 18, 2019, 12:36:39 PM
Seriously, is that guy TRYING to sabotage the company?

If that would happen, it would of happend a long time ago.

Schleich does not give a damn about there Dinosaur models acuracy, its just some of the sculptors they have hired have more knowledge on the subject matter then the others.

ZoPteryx

Huh, interesting lineup for sure.  Fingers crossed they look as good as some of their other recent offerings.  I'd happily buy an up-to-date Postosuchus or Baryonyx from them.  I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll be more Jurassic World-esque though, hopefully I'm wrong.

sauroid

im not really looking forward to their carnivorous species. for sure they will all have round shaped teeth.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SidB

Quote from: sauroid on August 25, 2019, 06:35:28 PM
im not really looking forward to their carnivorous species. for sure they will all have round shaped teeth.
On a hopeful note, sometimes they can be successfully sharpened with exacto knife and file. I was able to do this rather easily with their Spinosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Although I see it quite unlikely that Schleich makes carnivorous theropods with sharp teeth. Schleich products are intended for children and strictly comply with safety controls to prevent accidents or injuries to children. That does not mean that maybe in the future Schleich makes carnivorous theropods with sharp teeth and cerapsids with sharp horns, it could be done if PVC were very flexible and less rigid as are all Schleich dinosaurs. That could be the solution such as the PNSO spinops with soft and flexible material to give an example.

sauroid

well, CollectA, Safari, and Papo also target children as their market but their carnivores dont have stupidly rounded teeth. just saying. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

sauroid

Quote from: SidB on August 26, 2019, 02:50:40 PM
On a hopeful note, sometimes they can be successfully sharpened with exacto knife and file. I was able to do this rather easily with their Spinosaurus.
cool idea

SidB

Yeah, otherwise I would have been quite upset, like you, with what was otherwise a really good model. It's worth making this fix on the Spinosaurus, which now moves from goofy to awesome.

Brontozaurus

There's at least three possibilities as to what their Agustinia will look like:
1) A normal sauropod, now that the spikes are thought to really be ribs. Unlikely.
2) The wikipedia illustration. Semi-likely.
3) The sauropod with a double row of blades running down its back that constitutes 90% of google image searches. Highly likely.

It's a genuinely interesting lineup from Schleich, I'm keen to see how it all turns out.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Primeval12

Shonisaurus

I hit a stone against my teeth metaphorically speaking if the result of Schleich's agustinia was as shown by primeval12

Primeval12

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 02, 2019, 05:19:08 PM
I hit a stone against my teeth metaphorically speaking if the result of Schleich's agustinia was as shown by primeval12

I'd sell a kidney ;)

So I assume we will be getting something like CollectA's. Lovely.

Halichoeres

Hoping, but not optimistic, for option 1.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Hopefully we are wrong but if the same sculptor of the plesiosaurus of Schleich 2019 is going to be Augustinian, I don't have much hope unless the sculptor has changed for the better.

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

CarnotaurusKing

This day last year was when the Spinosaurus and Animantarx were revealed. Does anyone have images or any new news on any of the new figures?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.