News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2020

Started by Andreioli, July 23, 2019, 07:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

I'm sooooo tired of Schleich insisting on pronating the forelimbs. They seem incapable of learning. As someone once stated, whatever the real merits of many of their figures over the years, their theropods have, as a group, been "diabolically" distorted and unreal. Very tiresome.

Shonisaurus

In my case I still have faith in Schleich and every year I have good hopes for that brand. Schleich as I have already said in another thread dedicated to the Schleich 2021 figures can make toy figures / collectibles or toy figures for children's fun. I am hopeful that at least some of the five figures will be sculpted by Vlad Konstantinov and will be an excellent figure like his baryonyx, dracorex, diabloceratops, dinogorgon or tyrannosaurus rex latest version. We must not lose faith in Schleich.

Justin_

Quote from: SidB on August 04, 2020, 03:35:53 AM
I'm sooooo tired of Schleich insisting on pronating the forelimbs........

Did Vlad Konstantinov sculpt their Psittacosaurus? He did a correctly stanced and limbed one back in 2012 (image here), so did Schleich insist he get things wrong for them?

SidB

Quote from: Justin_ on August 08, 2020, 08:47:16 AM

Did Vlad Konstantinov sculpt their Psittacosaurus? He did a correctly stanced and limbed one back in 2012 (image here), so did Schleich insist he get things wrong for them?
I'm not sure that we know for certain if this sculpt was done by Vlad. But if it was, than a disturbing element has been injected into the whole issue - does Schleich knowingly and willfully distort the work of their artists for unknown marketing ends, all the while touting their products as "educational." Disturbing.

Martwad

Quote from: SidB on August 08, 2020, 01:19:05 PM
Quote from: Justin_ on August 08, 2020, 08:47:16 AM

I'm not sure that we know for certain if this sculpt was done by Vlad. But if it was, than a disturbing element has been injected into the whole issue - does Schleich knowingly and willfully distort the work of their artists for unknown marketing ends, all the while touting their products as "educational." Disturbing.

I highly doubt that Schleich is that nefarious.

Sim

Justin_

Interesting comments on that DeviantArt post:

bigoldog
Did they impose any restrictions on you or just let you do as you wish?

Swordlord3d
50/50. Plus a lot of restrictions are connected with casting and painting requirements.

Also, I was looking today at a forum for fantasy miniature sculptors, and a lot of them are presented with concept art by the manufacturers that they have to follow quite closely. It's not 100% their own creations. It's possible Schleich do the same.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Justin_ on August 08, 2020, 09:26:55 PM
Interesting comments on that DeviantArt post:

bigoldog
Did they impose any restrictions on you or just let you do as you wish?

Swordlord3d
50/50. Plus a lot of restrictions are connected with casting and painting requirements.

Also, I was looking today at a forum for fantasy miniature sculptors, and a lot of them are presented with concept art by the manufacturers that they have to follow quite closely. It's not 100% their own creations. It's possible Schleich do the same.
That would make sense. The Psittacosaurus has a great sculpt but lackluster paint.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

profnik

Last night I saw the new Schleich T-Rex paint version is Red, White gray & Blue. But it's looks like Tyrannosaurus Debt from School House Rock!  :D

https://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/dinosaurs/products/tyrannosaurus-rex-blue-72155.html

So it's looks different

Shonisaurus

I have already reserved that exclusive model yesterday morning. I was notified in the Schleich news mail and I made the purchase. I honestly think it is an improved and interesting version of paint with respect to its previous model, considering that this version of paint is fantastic. I think it is a cool repaint and in short I like it and I bought it. I did not take into account that the colors of the repainting of the tyrannosaurus rex are the US flag, that is logical, considering that the United States is the home of the tyrannosaurus rex, where its paleontological remains were found.

Dinoxels

Dinoxels

I remember seeing an ad that had a Papo T.rex in it, which is rather amusing.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.