Author Topic: Schleich - new for 2020  (Read 35995 times)

Sarapaurolophus

• View Profile
Re: Schleich - new for 2020
« Reply #440 on: July 20, 2020, 03:16:29 PM »
Iím not convinced the lack of diversity was deliberately done in order to please conservative Germans. Playmobil is a German toy company, after all, and theyíve been including females and non-white people in their sets for years and years. I think itís more likely a lack of imagination of Schleichís part.

Thanks for bringing up Playmobil. Just because something is from Germany doesn't mean it will automatically be stricter about some issue, and lots of German parents will agree that Schleich isn't what it used to be anymore ;) In fact, Schleich would be the first ones to get away with a more diverse human figure line-up since they A. Enjoy massive brand recognition in Germany and surrounding countries and B. Started to sell a lot in the US sector where not all consumers are a shade of beige ;)

I sold a couple of old figures from the 90s and early 00s and parents virtually ripped them out of my hands to give to their kids. So the way I see it a lot of parents have noticed Schleich's trend and are not fully engaging anymore, would rather pay double to have an old figure from the "good old times".

To really find out why a company does this and that we'd have to look into their business structure and spy on their meetings. But I noticed that Schleich has been into heavily gendering their product ever since they started Bayala. Their horses are also geared heavily towards girls or what Schleich thinks girls want (Schleich has become king of braided manes and tails, lol).

Stolpergeist

• Precambrian survivor
  • Gross ugly freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 20, 2020, 07:28:43 PM »
@Faelrin The only thing I know regarding Bullyland is that they didn't outsource out of Europe unlike Schleich moving production to China and Tunisia.

Szajmin

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 01, 2020, 04:28:20 PM »
I dont know if it was mentioned, or where to put it

SCHLEICH NEW FOR 2021 1ST HALF
Ceratosaurus dino 15019
Pachycephalosaurus dino 15024
Kaprosuchus dino 15025
Mosasaurus dino 15026
Brontosaurus dino 15027

source:
https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/Toys-Schleich-new-for-2021-1st-half.html#Start

CityRaptor

• Holocene survivor
  • Ornithoscelidaphobia!
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Troodon
  • v.1 status and posts: A silent watcher...
« Reply #443 on: August 01, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »
I dont know if it was mentioned, or where to put it

SCHLEICH NEW FOR 2021 1ST HALF
Ceratosaurus dino 15019
Pachycephalosaurus dino 15024
Kaprosuchus dino 15025
Mosasaurus dino 15026
Brontosaurus dino 15027
source:
https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/Toys-Schleich-new-for-2021-1st-half.html#Start

Covered here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9l67q22j8cj1jtk3710ns839ds&topic=8842.msg262603;topicseen
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

CityRaptor

• Holocene survivor
  • Ornithoscelidaphobia!
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Troodon
  • v.1 status and posts: A silent watcher...
« Reply #444 on: August 03, 2020, 11:15:55 PM »
And with the introduction of Not-Alan Grant and his brothers comes a relaunch of the magazine:
https://www.blue-ocean.de/dinosaurs/produkt/detail/neu-volle-dino-action/

Points of interest:
Magazine comes with a somewhat smaller version of their big T.rex ( or as they still insist on calling it, T-Rex )now.

There is a female character in the magazine called Yuki:

My 2 cents:
-The T.rex figure looks kinda like a bootleg
-Not-Alan Grant kinda looks like Peter Parker in the comic
-For some odd reason they confuse a snare with a tranqulizer and a tazer...
-The facial expression of the Raptor totally makes it look like it enjoys that.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Szajmin

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 03, 2020, 11:43:07 PM »
For me the figure looks totally like a bootleg.

SidB

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 04, 2020, 03:35:53 AM »
I'm sooooo tired of Schleich insisting on pronating the forelimbs. They seem incapable of learning. As someone once stated, whatever the real merits of many of their figures over the years, their theropods have, as a group, been "diabolically" distorted and unreal. Very tiresome.

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 08, 2020, 12:09:06 AM »
In my case I still have faith in Schleich and every year I have good hopes for that brand. Schleich as I have already said in another thread dedicated to the Schleich 2021 figures can make toy figures / collectibles or toy figures for children's fun. I am hopeful that at least some of the five figures will be sculpted by Vlad Konstantinov and will be an excellent figure like his baryonyx, dracorex, diabloceratops, dinogorgon or tyrannosaurus rex latest version. We must not lose faith in Schleich.

Justin_

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Centrosaurus
« Reply #448 on: August 08, 2020, 08:47:16 AM »
I'm sooooo tired of Schleich insisting on pronating the forelimbs........

Did Vlad Konstantinov sculpt their Psittacosaurus? He did a correctly stanced and limbed one back in 2012 (image here), so did Schleich insist he get things wrong for them?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 09:00:12 AM by Justin_ »

SidB

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 08, 2020, 01:19:05 PM »

Did Vlad Konstantinov sculpt their Psittacosaurus? He did a correctly stanced and limbed one back in 2012 (image here), so did Schleich insist he get things wrong for them?
I'm not sure that we know for certain if this sculpt was done by Vlad. But if it was, than a disturbing element has been injected into the whole issue - does Schleich knowingly and willfully distort the work of their artists for unknown marketing ends, all the while touting their products as "educational." Disturbing.

Martwad

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Brachiosaurus
« Reply #450 on: August 08, 2020, 05:35:29 PM »

I'm not sure that we know for certain if this sculpt was done by Vlad. But if it was, than a disturbing element has been injected into the whole issue - does Schleich knowingly and willfully distort the work of their artists for unknown marketing ends, all the while touting their products as "educational." Disturbing.

I highly doubt that Schleich is that nefarious.

Sim

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Velociraptor mongoliensis
« Reply #451 on: August 08, 2020, 09:06:35 PM »

Justin_

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Centrosaurus
« Reply #452 on: August 08, 2020, 09:26:55 PM »
Interesting comments on that DeviantArt post:

bigoldog
Did they impose any restrictions on you or just let you do as you wish?

Swordlord3d
50/50. Plus a lot of restrictions are connected with casting and painting requirements.

Also, I was looking today at a forum for fantasy miniature sculptors, and a lot of them are presented with concept art by the manufacturers that they have to follow quite closely. It's not 100% their own creations. It's possible Schleich do the same.

Dinoxels

• View Profile
    • The Dinoxels Youtube Channel
  • Dinosaur: Appalachiosaurus
« Reply #453 on: August 08, 2020, 09:35:15 PM »
Interesting comments on that DeviantArt post:

bigoldog
Did they impose any restrictions on you or just let you do as you wish?

Swordlord3d
50/50. Plus a lot of restrictions are connected with casting and painting requirements.

Also, I was looking today at a forum for fantasy miniature sculptors, and a lot of them are presented with concept art by the manufacturers that they have to follow quite closely. It's not 100% their own creations. It's possible Schleich do the same.
That would make sense. The Psittacosaurus has a great sculpt but lackluster paint.
"The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around," ~ Dr. Serizawa, 2014.

profnik

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 14, 2020, 05:06:11 AM »
Last night I saw the new Schleich T-Rex paint version is Red, White gray & Blue. But itís looks like Tyrannosaurus Debt from School House Rock!  :D

https://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/dinosaurs/products/tyrannosaurus-rex-blue-72155.html

So itís looks different

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 14, 2020, 07:16:11 AM »
I have already reserved that exclusive model yesterday morning. I was notified in the Schleich news mail and I made the purchase. I honestly think it is an improved and interesting version of paint with respect to its previous model, considering that this version of paint is fantastic. I think it is a cool repaint and in short I like it and I bought it. I did not take into account that the colors of the repainting of the tyrannosaurus rex are the US flag, that is logical, considering that the United States is the home of the tyrannosaurus rex, where its paleontological remains were found.

Stolpergeist

• Precambrian survivor
  • Gross ugly freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 14, 2020, 09:32:41 AM »
My initial thought was "Super Mario".
Might be fun for those who collect every variant of this model and there are so many by now that you can actually do it.
The first one in lime green, the darker green resculpt, the blue volcano set one, the red store exclusive, the golden one and now this variant.
I wonder if anyone has managed to collect all of them.
Personally I prefer the Conquering the Earth model but it's fun to see all these variants of their mascot sculpt.

Stolpergeist

• Precambrian survivor
  • Gross ugly freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 14, 2020, 09:36:18 AM »
@CityRaptor Yesyesyes finally a woman in this series and a non-white character on top of that, if she gets a figure next year I can at last take my complaints back.

Stolpergeist

• Precambrian survivor
  • Gross ugly freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 14, 2020, 09:48:31 AM »

My 2 cents:
-The T.rex figure looks kinda like a bootleg
-Not-Alan Grant kinda looks like Peter Parker in the comic
-For some odd reason they confuse a snare with a tranqulizer and a tazer...
-The facial expression of the Raptor totally makes it look like it enjoys that.

The snare canonically works like one using sound or something, it's really far-fetched but said so in one of the videos:

I may or may not have watched these videos out of spite which is why I've seen that.
The Flynn Colby phrase "Ich bin YouTuber" became an inside joke between me and a friend.
I also found out that the research station used to be owned by the brothers' father which is why they are there to complete his life work, at the beginning it was a bit confusing because they only said they "discovered" the research station and I was like "okay, what".

Stolpergeist

• Precambrian survivor
  • Gross ugly freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 09, 2020, 03:39:55 AM »
Belongs here too for archiving purpose I suppose.
Blue Ocean Entertainment Schleich Dinosaurs magazine exclusive toys that came out when the theme of the magazine switched to Team Dino.
They are shrunken down versions of their regular toys.

First one:

At stores right now:

From December to January a smaller version of the Triceratops.