News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel--New for 2020

Started by suspsy, July 23, 2019, 07:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Starting this thread to cover all 2020 Mattel products. Will add more names and images as they are confirmed.

ATTACK PACK

Alioramus

Ankylosaurus Bumpy

Callovosaurus

Dimorphodon

Dracorex

Hererrasaurus

Minmi

Mussaurus

Ornitholestes

Protoceratops

Rhamphorhynchus

Velociraptor Charlie

Velociraptor v. 2

Dimorphodon (2021)

Gallimimus (2021)

Troodon (2021)

WALMART EXCLUSIVE (NORTH AMERICA) BATTLE DAMAGE

Albertosaurus

Gasosaurus

Stygimoloch

Triceratops

Velociraptor

SAVAGE STRIKE

Dilophosaurus

Pachycephalosaurus

Postosuchus

Sauropelta

Scutosaurus

Stygimoloch

Styracosaurus

Tapejara

Velociraptor Blue

Velociraptor Charlie

Velociraptor Delta

Velociraptor Echo

Monolophosaurus (2021)

Plesiosaurus (2021)

Stygimoloch (2021)

SOUND STRIKE

Baryonyx

Ceratosaurus

Cryolophosaurus

Edmontosaurus

Irritator

Majungasaurus

Parasaurolophus

Pteranodon

Sinoceratops

Triceratops

Baryonyx (2021)

Pteranodon (2021)

Triceratops (2021)

MASSIVE BITERS

Sarcosuchus

Siats

Tarbosaurus

Albertosaurus (2021)

Sarcosuchus (2021)

LARGE DINOS

Brachiosaurus

Control-N-Conquer Carnotaurus

Camp Cretaceous "Toro"

Destroy & Devour Indominus

Super Colossal Indominus

Mosasaurus

Camp Cretaceous Stegosaurus

Epic Roarin' Tyrannosaurus rex

Extreme Chomping Tyrannosaurus rex Legacy repaint.

MISCELLANEOUS

Basic Dino Value - 6"

Basic Dino Value - 12"

Dennis Nedry with Dilophosaurus

"Escape From Isla Nublar" with Ellie, Hammond, and Velociraptors. Target Exclusive.

Feeding Frenzy Indominus

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Roselaar

It seems Cryolophosaurus is gonna be the dinosaur of 2020 so far. Schleich has one in their line-up as well.

suspsy

Quote from: Roselaar on July 24, 2019, 01:32:34 PM
It seems Cryolophosaurus is gonna be the dinosaur of 2020 so far. Schleich has one in their line-up as well.

Yes, and there isn't one in the Wild Safari line, so there is a possibility that we could see a third toy next year. Or even a fourth one if CollectA has decided to replace their old version!

SBell

I'm more intrigued by what appear to be Postosuchus and Scutosaurus. Can a revised Ornithosuchus and Estemmenosuchus be far behind?!

CityRaptor

Who knows. Let's hope Mattel does not decide to hommage Kenner on that one and give it correctly assembled legs. ;D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

This is my post in the 2019 thread about the new figures, I think it does belong here:

Mattel said 17 species, there is only 15 here so there are two more to be revealed, what could they be...But for know let's focus on what we have and try to guess what's comming.
1. That silhouette just screams Majungasaurus, I will be extremely surprised if it is not.
2. A big theropod with three fingers, most likely a carnosaur, probably a carcharodontosaurid. Some say it could be a Giga, a Carcha...or something else.
3. Edmontosaurus, already confirmed. Looks very nice.
4. Unidentifiable.
5. Looks like Sarcosuchus to me...
6. Alioramus, already confirmed. Looks alright.
7. Clearly an Scutosaurus.
8. An iguandontid, if it is an Iguanodon I hope the size of the silhouette is not an indicative of it's true size cause it should be bigger.
9. Either Postosuchus, Ornithosuchus or Saurosuchus.
10. A spinosaurid, if the gap in the sail is intentional, then it is an Ichthyovenator, if it is for articulation, it could also be an Irritator.
11. The shape of the skull reminds me of a tyrannosaur, but the relatively high spine and spikes tell me that it could be an Acrocanthosaurus with an inaccurate head, which wouldn't be surprising. We cannot see how many fingers it has so...
12. Unidentifiable.
13. Sinoceratops. What if Mattel sells it as a Pachyrhinosaurus since they already sold a "Sinoceratops"?
14. Very difficult to identify but to me it looks like an ankylosaurid because of the head.
15. Cryolophosaurus. Already confirmed. Don't like the rather bulky skull, body and that weird neck crest. It should be slimmer.

suspsy

Thanks for adding that list. I'm still going to wait for visual confirmation before adding any more names to the OP.

Brocc21

That's a T  H  I  C  C Cryolophosaurus.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

terrorchicken

Quote from: SBell on July 26, 2019, 02:52:02 AM
I'm more intrigued by what appear to be Postosuchus and Scutosaurus. Can a revised Ornithosuchus and Estemmenosuchus be far behind?!
the only thing that worries me is that I didn't care for their new dimetrodon. So hopefully these will get better sculpts.

TheCambrianCrusader

PLEASE be a scutosaurus, scutosaurus is one of my all time favorite prehistoric animals and the old kenner scuto is super hard to come by nowadays.

tanystropheus

Quote from: terrorchicken on July 27, 2019, 09:18:48 PM
Quote from: SBell on July 26, 2019, 02:52:02 AM
the only thing that worries me is that I didn't care for their new dimetrodon. So hopefully these will get better sculpts.

The Dimetrodon and Herrerasaurus sculpts are atrocious in my opinion and do not look good next to any other Mattel figure. They need to be rebooted like the Gallimimus, Proceratosaurus and Allosaurus before it or the upcoming Amber Collection Velociraptor. The Metriacanthosaurus can also benefit from a resculpt but it is not necessary. Also, possibly, potentially, the Minmi (either a resculpt or a repaint) but given its obscure status, we can forgive it for now.

The freaky looking Tapejara could improve somewhat with a repaint. The Monolophosaurus has yet to have a repaint that brings out its details properly. Aside from the aforementioned figures, most of Mattel's rapidly growing collection looks great.

Also, not to be greedy, Mattel should consider making a deluxe Triceratops - the current sculpt is fine but rather smallish when compared to the current crop of ceratopsians.

australovenator

Alioramus is a neat choice, especially as there is very little of it out there in toy form. Same goes for Cryolophosaurus.
That being said, I'll reserve my judgment until I see some actual photos of the final product.

Takama

One of thems a Tarbosaurus, and that crocodile is a sarco as well

Faelrin

Here's the link: https://www.collectjurassic.com/081319-2/

Glad to see Tarbosaurus join the roster as well as the croc being Sarcosuchus as speculated.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Appalachiosaurus

So it will be a smaller, animatronic-less version of the Thrash and Throw. Interesting that they probably chose Tarbosaurus over another T. rex as to experiment with some noncanon color schemes, though that didn't seem to be a problem with the Pteranodons and Stegosaurus.

suspsy

Depending on how the Tarbosaurus turns out, I may just have to buy it. Not like toys of the alarming lizard are legion.

MLMjp

Well, there goes the posibilty of being an Acrocanthosaurus.

Unless it looks really good I dont think I will get it. Need to restrain myself next year A LOT.

Sarchosuchus on the other hand I look foward to. I hope mattel won't give it a crazy color scheme.

CityRaptor

I wonder if they will go with the Jurassic World Alive color schemes

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 14, 2019, 12:25:53 PM
I wonder if they will go with the Jurassic World Alive color schemes
That would be good.

suspsy

The Sarcosuchus will likely be in some shade of green. I'd prefer to see something unique for the Tarbosaurus, though. Purple with yellow or dark markings would be something new.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.