News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel--New for 2020

Started by suspsy, July 23, 2019, 07:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I'm wondering which of these new 17 species are going to be in the Netflix Camp Cretaceous (and if any will be returning in JW3)? I'm also guessing maybe Carnotaurus and Sinoceratops will be in it (and if Sinoceratops is being counted as a new species or not since it was up there with the other new species silhouettes)? It might explain the new toys for those, other then fan demand perhaps, if not other reasons.

There is also two of those 17 not shown. Hoping one of those will be Apatosaurus or Corythosaurus, unless they save those for the JW3 toyline. Variations and Mamenchisaurus aside, I still highly desire both of those to finish off my film canon species collection (aside from still needing the Brachiosaurus and Indominus rex from this year).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

terrorchicken

I hope the tarbosaurus actually looks like a tyrannosaurid this time and not an allosaur like the albertosaurus did. 

mgaguilar

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 14, 2019, 12:25:53 PM
I wonder if they will go with the Jurassic World Alive color schemes

I do hope so. For the most part, JWAlive has been keeping with the canon coloration of dinosaurs already represented in the series, although some of them either become Gen2's or the originals.
So much hype for the Tarbosaurus, will finally get a solid looking green theropod.

MLMjp

Quote from: terrorchicken on August 15, 2019, 12:32:25 AM
I hope the tarbosaurus actually looks like a tyrannosaurid this time and not an allosaur like the albertosaurus did.

Just look at the theropod silhouette at the right bottom of the images in the first page and there you go.
You can get an idea of how he may look.

terrorchicken

^that's right, I forgot to check there... it does look promising. I love the color scheme of the albertosaurus but I have to be selective with the JP figures and its just so chimeric looking to me. I hope they redo those colors on another dinosaur figure.

Appalachiosaurus

Mattel and JWA haven't shared any designs before despite both featuring Proceratosaurus, Concavenator, Dimetrodon, etc. I doubt they'll start now, but those Iguana spikes are a bit too specific to be a coincidence.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: suspsy on August 14, 2019, 05:42:32 PM
The Sarcosuchus will likely be in some shade of green. I'd prefer to see something unique for the Tarbosaurus, though. Purple with yellow or dark markings would be something new.

That reminds me of the DeAgostini Tarbosaurus, which was made in toy form years ago.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: MLMjp on July 26, 2019, 02:32:15 PM
This is my post in the 2019 thread about the new figures, I think it does belong here:

Mattel said 17 species, there is only 15 here so there are two more to be revealed, what could they be...But for know let's focus on what we have and try to guess what's comming.
1. That silhouette just screams Majungasaurus, I will be extremely surprised if it is not.
2. A big theropod with three fingers, most likely a carnosaur, probably a carcharodontosaurid. Some say it could be a Giga, a Carcha...or something else.
3. Edmontosaurus, already confirmed. Looks very nice.
4. Unidentifiable.
5. Looks like Sarcosuchus to me...
6. Alioramus, already confirmed. Looks alright.
7. Clearly an Scutosaurus.
8. An iguandontid, if it is an Iguanodon I hope the size of the silhouette is not an indicative of it's true size cause it should be bigger.
9. Either Postosuchus, Ornithosuchus or Saurosuchus.
10. A spinosaurid, if the gap in the sail is intentional, then it is an Ichthyovenator, if it is for articulation, it could also be an Irritator.
11. The shape of the skull reminds me of a tyrannosaur, but the relatively high spine and spikes tell me that it could be an Acrocanthosaurus with an inaccurate head, which wouldn't be surprising. We cannot see how many fingers it has so...
12. Unidentifiable.
13. Sinoceratops. What if Mattel sells it as a Pachyrhinosaurus since they already sold a "Sinoceratops"?
14. Very difficult to identify but to me it looks like an ankylosaurid because of the head.
15. Cryolophosaurus. Already confirmed. Don't like the rather bulky skull, body and that weird neck crest. It should be slimmer.

14 may be Moschops
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Quote from: Mattyonyx on August 17, 2019, 09:27:25 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 14, 2019, 05:42:32 PM
The Sarcosuchus will likely be in some shade of green. I'd prefer to see something unique for the Tarbosaurus, though. Purple with yellow or dark markings would be something new.

That reminds me of the DeAgostini Tarbosaurus, which was made in toy form years ago.

That scheme would be cool by me, albeit with a nicer shade of purple.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on August 18, 2019, 12:41:28 PM

14 may be Moschops

I simultaneously hope so and hope not. I would like to see a Moschops, but this silhouette looks pretty incorrect for a Moschops.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Yeah I'm still waiting on a Moschops, if only because of the weird price scanner thing that happened at Targets with attack pack figures or some such, but I'm not counting on it. That aside, I'd love for them to do more Permian creatures in general (Estemmenosuchus, and Inostrancevia if they are in fact doing a Scutosaurus). Postosuchus is another I really want to see done after they made a mini of it, though I'm sure I'll be satisfied with whatever creature that particular silhouette belongs too, that looks like it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

#14 looks an awful lot like the Minmi to me. Maybe it's just a repaint.

PumperKrickel

deleted

ItsTwentyBelow

I think it's possible for #14 to be Crichtonsaurus, which is clone-able early on (with bonus content) in the Jurassic World Evolution game. Just bred my first two Crichtonsaurus yesterday and immediately thought about how Mattel will probably market it one day. Especially now that we are seeing new toys like the Edmontosaurus that are inspired by the game! So much potential there.

Vidusaurus

#14 is definitely an ankylosaurian of some kind, probably one which is more conservative in terms of osteoderms based on the silhouette. My guess is Panoplosaurus or Saichania

MLMjp

Tarbosaurus has been revealed alongside the new Carno and an extreme chomping T.rex repaint.

I swear I have seen the Tarbosaurus color scheme somewhere...but I canĀ“t remember. The figure itself looks ok and it seems to have a decently proportionate tail
The other two are an obvious pass.

Kotori_Sonoda

Love how that Tarbosaurus looks.

No rush for the Rex and Carnotaurus though, although I do like the Rex's darker color scheme and the Carno looks decent too.

Also I love the packaging design for the line, love the fence on the cardback!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

CityRaptor

Tarbo color scheme  seems to recall the Troodons from JP: The Game

The Extreme Chomping Rex seems to be colored a bit closer to her movie counterpart.

And Blue's face is back on the packaging.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

I've added the images to the first post. The Tarbosaurus looks pretty cool in those colours!

Gwangi

Those repaints are fantastic, some of the most naturalistic that Mattel has done so far. I'm not in love with the Tarbosaurus but it's a must have anyway.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.