News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Prehistoric Life Map Of The World

Started by postsaurischian, June 16, 2019, 08:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

This is a fun book, aimed at children and completely written in Japanese with the exception of the species' names.
                         I can't read Japanese and it might be foolish, but I love the overall design
                         and the fact that the tiny drawings are by Hirokazu Tokugawa ^-^ .

Of course I'm starting with my two homelands (Germany and Switzerland) followed by a few other European countries.
       If you'd like to see a certain country, please make a request here and I will show it :) .

Lanthanotus

Thanks for posting this, postsaurischian. The style very much reminds me of a series of books by Beltz und Gelberg (I think). So maybe there's hope this will be translated?! I'd buy it, that's for sure.

ceratopsian

postsaurischian

Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 16, 2019, 08:55:25 PM
Thanks for posting this, postsaurischian. The style very much reminds me of a series of books by Beltz und Gelberg (I think). So maybe there's hope this will be translated?! I'd buy it, that's for sure.

Since it is a children's book a translation could be possible. It might sell well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D   Here's why North America is a great continent!

Libraraptor

An interesting book I would buy if a translation appeared.

Halichoeres

I have this book and I love it. I can't read Japanese, but it's such a visual book that it barely matters. I'd love to see 3D versions of all of Tokugawa's animals make appearances in Favorite's prehistoric line.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Brontozaurus

That's seriously impressive. Could you show us Australia please? I want to see what made it in from my home country!  :)
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Neosodon

Some of the maps look suprisingly homogeneous. Expected most places to be more patchy.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Halichoeres

Quote from: Neosodon on June 25, 2019, 04:54:03 PM
Some of the maps look suprisingly homogeneous. Expected most places to be more patchy.

The location of the drawings on the continents correspond rather roughly to the actual locations where the fossils have been found. I think Tokugawa was just trying to use most of the available space.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Brontozaurus on June 25, 2019, 01:18:30 PM
That's seriously impressive. Could you show us Australia please? I want to see what made it in from my home country!  :)

avatar_Brontozaurus @Brontozaurus: Sure, mate :) . Here are Australia and New Zealand:

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wow! I'm amazed it goes country-by-country like that! I'm gonna have to get my hands on that. There's a specialty Japanese bookshop about an hour's drive away from me that has things like this sometimes. I'll have to see if they stock it!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Does this remind anybody else of the "Fossil Freeway" maps Ray Troll did for his and Dr. Kirk Johnson's "Cruisin the Fossil Freeway" books?

https://www.trollart.com/product-category/posters/fossil-maps/

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on August 05, 2019, 08:33:18 PM
Does this remind anybody else of the "Fossil Freeway" maps Ray Troll did for his and Dr. Kirk Johnson's "Cruisin the Fossil Freeway" books?

https://www.trollart.com/product-category/posters/fossil-maps/

Those are certainly similar conceptually, although the illustration style is different.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.