News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Visiting Zürich / Switzerland

Started by postsaurischian, September 08, 2012, 11:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Aathal Museum  Part 6

Two Dioramas

Diorama 1 - Danger from Two Sides

Diorama 2 - Tsunami Panic

Himmapaan

Gryphoceratops

Awesome feathered dinosaur models. 

Really nice little dioramas. 

Cool to see tanystropheus mounted. 

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the replies!

For anyone who's interested in the Feathered Dinosaurs' artist - that's Dennis J. Wilson, the man who also made the Oviraptor egg by Safari ;).

Aathal Museum  Part 7

....... entering the 'Flying Reptiles' room:

Arambourgiania, Pteranodon, Pterodaustro & Rhamphorhynchus

Anhanguera

Sinopterus

Tapejara

Pterodactylus

Gryphoceratops

I like the colors on the pterodustro. 

radman

Thanks for posting these beautiful pix, H.  I really enjoyed the dioramas especially.
^-^

ZoPteryx

More great photos and replicas! :)

I think your mystery pterosaur is Sinopterus.

amargasaurus cazaui

I am so grateful for your sharing all these wonderful pictures, they just go on and on !!! Thanks for also adding the little Psitto guys to my own thread. Amazing pictures, and so many to choose from. Simple wonderful.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Thanks so much to everybody for the feedback. That keeps me motivated :)!

Quote from: Zopteryx on September 12, 2012, 09:50:13 PM
I think your mystery pterosaur is Sinopterus.

:D  You're right! Thanks - I've fixed that.
As a reward you get the Aathal Maiasaura hatchlings ^-^:

....... and now back to ...

Zoologic Museum of the University Zürich  Part 2

Hoplophoneus primaevus

Allognathosuchus prenasalis

Leptomeryx

some Entelodontid

some Brontotheriid

fossilized Giant Salamander

Andrias japonicus

Cymbospondylus buchseri

Leptopterygius

Stenopterygius

some Shonisaurid & Mixosaurus cornalianus

????

brontodocus

This is so incredibly awesome that I don't even know where to start with, Helge! :o 8)

at least, since I haven't been to Switzerland, yet, I know where to go when I get there!
The Diorama scenes are brilliant even though the models may be a little simplified (but I guess they're also quite small?). Oh, could it be that one scene was inspired by the KinTo/Favorite "T-rex Fight over Carcass"? ;D
You just had 30 minutes in the Zoological Museum of the University of Zürich? I hate it when you have to do such visits in a rush but at least you took some excellent photos which probably compensate this. I've had similar situations quite often and I always hope at least the batteries in my camera last... :-\

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

I think I also know now where to make the last leg of my 'swan song' trip.   :))

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on September 13, 2012, 02:34:36 PM
at least, since I haven't been to Switzerland, yet, I know where to go when I get there!

Quote from: Himmapaan on September 13, 2012, 04:53:06 PM
I think I also know now where to make the last leg of my 'swan song' trip.   :))

A DTF meeting in Zürich (on neutral ground ;D)? I'd be there :).

What is the 'swan song' trip? Wasn't Led Zeppelin's record label called like this?

Quote from: brontodocus on September 13, 2012, 02:34:36 PM
The Diorama scenes are brilliant even though the models may be a little simplified (but I guess they're also quite small?).

That's right - quite small. I would say both Dioramas about 1:60 - 1:70.

World of Dinosaurs  Part 3

Tyrannosaurus

Triceratops

Suchomimus  (nice Invicta pose :))

Leptoceratops?

Andrewsarchus

some ancient pig

Woolly Mammoth

Moeritherium

Syndyoceras

Phorusrhacos

Platybelodon

radman

What a wonderful outdoor park.  I love the Andrewsarchus especially - looks like a cross between a bear and a wolf: the ultimate mammalian predator!

Himmapaan

Amazing. Those mammals even have fur; and outdoors at that!

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 14, 2012, 03:13:23 PMWhat is the 'swan song' trip? Wasn't Led Zeppelin's record label called like this?

I'm afraid I don't know about Led Zeppelin's record label. But here is the definition of 'swan song'.  :)

Perhaps you might have heard of Schubert's Shwannengesang:)

Jetoar

A lot of Dinnosaurs and Mammal. One day i will go to visit these museums an parks  :))
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Himmapaan on September 14, 2012, 03:59:30 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on September 14, 2012, 03:13:23 PMWhat is the 'swan song' trip?

....... here is the definition of 'swan song'.  :)

Very interesting! I like the phrase, thanks for the info.

Aathal Museum  Part 8

....... entering the main room:

Brachiosaurus, Carnotaurus & Gastonia
The Brachiosaurus is actually a copy of the Berlin skeleton, neck bowed down because of space problems :).

Minotaurasaurus

Euoplocephalus

????

????

Apatosaurus

Protoceratops

Stygimoloch

Dracorex

s.foulkes

The Dracorex was a CM studios sculpt, i have one,And the paint work is by Steve Riojas.
Fun to look at thanks for posting.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

ZoPteryx

Wow, these places are have so much great stuff!

Balaur

All of these are amazing!

As for the skeleton of the marine reptile with a broken snout tip, that I'm sure is Cymbospondylus.

Jetoar

Ohh cool skeletons !. They have a Brachiosaurus skeleton. It is the third museum that I knew that thye have a Brachiosaurus  ^-^ and the reconstruction of Dracorex is amazing.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.