News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Weird message

Started by Hynerpeton, August 02, 2021, 11:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

Has anyone got a message from carakee asking about a female cave woman she found? Looking for info on it. Seems fishy to me. Then she sent her email. Yet has not one single posts.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Bread

It shows they are the newest of members currently on the forum. I have never received such messages, but I wonder if avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum can check who they have messaged or received those.

Stegotyranno420

Do you remember the exact text?

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 03, 2021, 02:07:49 AM
Do you remember the exact text?

It was this

Hello my name is Carol I don't know if you charge for questions or not but I am hitting a deadens in my search for information about a item I found buried in our yard when I was a kid I have only found one similar and I would like to know if it's worth anything, so this site was about dinos and my item is a little cave woman made of what looks like lead she is about 2 3/4" tall and quite heavy. This is my last effort to find out if she is worth anything and any other info. Or is she just junk. If you don't know anything about her then I am sorry to have bothered you and wasted your time.  I can be reached at [deleted] if u can help. Thank-you for your time. [deleted]   
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

ceratopsian

No such message received by me. It seems very strange indeed for a new member to message an individual direct rather than ask in public on the boards.  And very odd to ask if you charge!

DinoToyForum

C:-) I deleted the personal information from the above post.

Also, I don't have access to personal messages.

brontosauruschuck

Did you suggest that she make a post in the identification thread? Maybe she just doesn't really know how to use computers. I know it's 2021 but it happens.

ceratopsian

Had you posted something about cave women (or men) fairly recently that she might have seen and made her think you were the right person to ask?

Hynerpeton

I have not posted much of anything in the group. Its been so dead. I only made my want list n that's it. I will tell member to post in group.
Walking With Monsers:

Hynerpeton

Did anyone find new info on the issue? No luck on my end.
Walking With Monsers:

sauroid

just ignore it. unless they took money from you, i think it's as simple as just not minding it/deleting the message.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.