News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

big glaring ad at the bottom

Started by sauroid, September 12, 2021, 07:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

im surprised at the large annoying ad banner at the bottom of the forum that wasnt there before and has to be minimized to get rid of. why the need for the same ad we see at the top? im sure the admin has nothing to do with it but the hosting site. and i also wonder if it's just on my side and if the others can see it too?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: sauroid on September 12, 2021, 07:10:32 PM
im surprised at the large annoying ad banner at the bottom of the forum that wasnt there before and has to be minimized to get rid of. why the need for the same ad we see at the top? im sure the admin has nothing to do with it but the hosting site. and i also wonder if it's just on my side and if the others can see it too?
the massive ad is at the top of the screen fir me, not the bottom.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

sauroid

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx yes i also have the large ad at the top (which i dont really mind) and the same ad at the bottom but a pop up version
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Bread

The ad for me alters both top and bottom of the screen. It is more apparent when on mobile than on my laptop.

DragonRider02

I have that annoying ad at the bottom as well, but only when I browse forum on my laptop. It doesn't show up on my Phone. I think it just showed up today.

triceratops83

Yeah, I've got that, too. Started a couple of days ago.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

DinoToyForum

Yes, this appears for me as well, I first noticed it yesterday and it annoys me too. Sometimes it appears sometimes it doesn't. It isn't my doing - a third party must've changed their ad code. I'll aim to remove it in the next day or two.  Apologies for the inconvenience C:-)

Dynomikegojira

I thought I was crazy but yeah happened to me

Faelrin

Been getting the top one at least on mobile. Not seeing anything here on PC thankfully (ublock origin set to disabled for this domain, although I have my browser settings set to disable all animations).

Thanks for looking into this.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ITdactyl

weird thing for me is that due to a working ad blocker, I'm getting just a big white pop box at the top. ;D

'Seems to have a timer too. I can only minimize it after a few seconds have passed.

DinoToyForum

Yes, the culprit is Google Adsense who emailed me today to say they have been "auto-optimising" my account which "...lets Google run experiments on your traffic to find ways to improve your revenue or user experience. Good news. The recent experiments below showed positive results and we have applied these changes to your account."

The new anchor ads have apparently increased revenue by 63% (so some of you are clicking them, intentionally or otherwise!). However, while I have ads on the site to help maintain it, I don't want disruptive ads that distract from the user experience, so I will go to my settings and disable this 'auto-optimisation' feature.

I noticed over on the STS Forum that they now have pop ups ads that you have to click away, and it is a nuisance.

sauroid

thank you Dr. Admin for the attention and action.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.