News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Announcing... Animal Toy Blog

Started by DinoToyForum, August 21, 2019, 01:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Quote from: Gwangi on September 19, 2019, 08:39:50 PM
EDIT: You should be happy there aren't any horse reviews yet.

Ah yes, horses, probably the most replicated animals on the toy market...next to humans, but I guess those won't be reviewed.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on September 19, 2019, 10:00:55 PM
Quote from: suspsy on September 19, 2019, 09:00:22 PM
I still have one more shark review that hasn't been posted yet!

I have several but I guess I should hold off on the shark reviews in the interest of blog diversity.   :P

On the other hand, it would certainly allow blog readers to compare and contrast different versions. I'm assuming you have a great white or a hammerhead or a tiger shark in your menagerie.

I'm actually amazed that there hasn't been a single horse review yet.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on September 19, 2019, 10:42:53 PM

I have several but I guess I should hold off on the shark reviews in the interest of blog diversity.   :P

On the other hand, it would certainly allow blog readers to compare and contrast different versions. I'm assuming you have a great white or a hammerhead or a tiger shark in your menagerie.

I'm sure given time the blog will be populated by a diverse array of species and a diverse array of figures representing the same species. Should be fun to watch it grow. The only extant animals I can say I "collect" are marine species, hence the sharks I've reviewed and the sharks yet to come.

I'm not that surprised by the lack of horses yet, I think horse collectors are a different group from the animal collectors. I can see a wild equine being reviewed before a domestic breed, but we'll see. I wouldn't mind adding a Przewalski's horse for my own collection.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on September 19, 2019, 11:41:44 PM
Quote from: suspsy on September 19, 2019, 10:42:53 PM

I'm sure given time the blog will be populated by a diverse array of species and a diverse array of figures representing the same species. Should be fun to watch it grow. The only extant animals I can say I "collect" are marine species, hence the sharks I've reviewed and the sharks yet to come.

I'm not that surprised by the lack of horses yet, I think horse collectors are a different group from the animal collectors. I can see a wild equine being reviewed before a domestic breed, but we'll see. I wouldn't mind adding a Przewalski's horse for my own collection.

I welcome horse figures! I don't collect them, but they are clearly welcome on the blog. I have been PMing some of the more prolific STS but only one person has taken the bait. I dunno, maybe it's a different culture on that forum. I wonder how many people on the DTF have extant animals and want to contribute. My goal is to cultivate a large number of guest reviews to expand the taxonomic expertise, writing and photography styles, and seeing different points of view!

DinoToyForum

Sharing here for obvious reasons, the Invicta blue whale. That means between the DTB and ATB we've reviewed every Invicta figure ever. http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/10/03/blue-whale-british-museum-natural-history-by-invicta/

CityRaptor

Ah, the so-called largest animal, devourer of plankton...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

bmathison1972

We are two posts away from the Big 100 on the Animal Toy Blog. Anyone here with an extant figure or two care to contribute?  :))

DinoToyForum

The Animal Toy Blog hit 100 reviews this month! Not a bad year considering we only launched in the summer. 8)

The 100th reviews was talking takin:
http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/12/16/takin-cbiov/

bmathison1972

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 29, 2019, 01:52:21 PM
The Animal Toy Blog hit 100 reviews this month! Not a bad year considering we only launched in the summer. 8)

The 100th reviews was talking takin:
http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/12/16/takin-cbiov/

Yes, the takin is now taken so if someone wanted to talk about the takin they'll have to take another topic!

bmathison1972

I am bumping this up, in case DTF/DTB members want to contribute to the ATB as well :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 04, 2020, 11:23:15 PM
I am bumping this up, in case DTF/DTB members want to contribute to the ATB as well :)

Over 200 reviews on the Animal Toy Blog already. :o

bmathison1972

Today was the 500th review on the ATB! Never too late to join the party!

DinoToyForum

Libraraptor

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 11, 2021, 02:39:13 PM
Today was the 500th review on the ATB! Never too late to join the party!

Congratulations!

SidB

You've laid a good foundation, with a little bit of help from your friends!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.