News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

WWD sequel or remake

Started by Brocc21, September 25, 2019, 12:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

WWD was an amazing documentary as many of you will agree. But I was wondering. If BBC suddenly decide to reboot the series, would you rather see a sequel to WWD. Covering new dinosaurs, time period, and places etc. Or a remake. Redoing it with better effects and our current knowledge. Just out of curiosity.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

ZoPteryx

I think I'd prefer more of a remake, including updates to some of the more iconic ecosystems but also expanded to include more.  Something like 12 episodes: 3 Triassic, 4 Jurassic, and 5 Cretaceous maybe.

Jose S.M.

I would like maybe more episodes, new dinosaurs and locations but also revisiting the iconic ones with an updated approach.

HD-man

Quote from: ZoPteryx on September 25, 2019, 08:04:53 AMI think I'd prefer more of a remake, including updates to some of the more iconic ecosystems but also expanded to include more.  Something like 12 episodes: 3 Triassic, 4 Jurassic, and 5 Cretaceous maybe.

This. We've learned so much since 1999 that remakes of the original episodes PLUS some all new episodes would make the most sense. Besides, the original WWD already has sequels that could also use remakes (I.e. TBOBA, WWB, & WWM).
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Faelrin

I'd definitely like another series like it, rather it be a reboot or sequel. Many of the other beloved BBC documentary series have had sequels (like Planet Earth, Blue Planet, maybe others), I think this one is long overdue, and honestly imagine the footage we could get in this day and age for something like this with the current camera technology and techniques used in those docs for scenery scouting, etc, and that's not even counting how far CGI and animatronics have come, as well as paleontological discoveries made since the original trilogy, and especially since the WWD series, which was the first. And honestly when was the last time we had a decent prehistoric documentary series like this?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

I would definitely rather see them tackle new settings with different species in different parts of the world. There are plenty of fossil formations that have never had the attention of a competent documentary team, which could expose people to ancient ecosystems they didn't know existed.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

I would like them to do new species, new locations, new ecosystems.
WWD was   a fantastic TV show!

stegosauria

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 29, 2019, 05:43:16 PM
I would definitely rather see them tackle new settings with different species in different parts of the world. There are plenty of fossil formations that have never had the attention of a competent documentary team, which could expose people to ancient ecosystems they didn't know existed.

Yeah, I would be really interested in an episode about the Csehbánya Formation (and I would search out that episode in English just to hear how the narrator manages the Hungarian originated names). And it would be a good alternative than Hateg/Hátszeg which was in Dinosaur Planet and Planet Dinosaur too.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stegosauria on September 30, 2019, 03:17:26 PM

Yeah, I would be really interested in an episode about the Csehbánya Formation (and I would search out that episode in English just to hear how the narrator manages the Hungarian originated names). And it would be a good alternative than Hateg/Hátszeg which was in Dinosaur Planet and Planet Dinosaur too.

I wasn't familiar with that formation! It looks to be very diverse, and being Santonian in age, it presents an interesting comparison to some intervals of the Niobrara formation in North America.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

stegosauria

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 30, 2019, 04:41:24 PM

I wasn't familiar with that formation! It looks to be very diverse, and being Santonian in age, it presents an interesting comparison to some intervals of the Niobrara formation in North America.

Yeah, since 2000 the Iharkút site is got really well known among the Hungarian geologists. The site is now an abandoned bauxit pitmine but in 2000 was still a working mine. And before that it was a village (the poor late Iharkút). Really suprising what were found there: the first freshwater mosasaur (Pannoniasaurus inexpectatus), the first ceratopsian from Europe (Ajkaceratops kozmai) and an herbivore crocodilian (Iharkutosuchus makadii) among other creatures. The new genusnames mostly originates from the area (towns, Bakony Mountains etc.), the speciesnames from different person. Except Foxemys trabanti- the excavation's symbol is an old Trabant.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stegosauria on September 30, 2019, 09:50:49 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 30, 2019, 04:41:24 PM

Yeah, since 2000 the Iharkút site is got really well known among the Hungarian geologists. The site is now an abandoned bauxit pitmine but in 2000 was still a working mine. And before that it was a village (the poor late Iharkút). Really suprising what were found there: the first freshwater mosasaur (Pannoniasaurus inexpectatus), the first ceratopsian from Europe (Ajkaceratops kozmai) and an herbivore crocodilian (Iharkutosuchus makadii) among other creatures. The new genusnames mostly originates from the area (towns, Bakony Mountains etc.), the speciesnames from different person. Except Foxemys trabanti- the excavation's symbol is an old Trabant.

Sounds ideal. And hopefully there would be a series of toys to go along with them. I'd love a plastic Iharkutosuchus.

stegosauria

The Iharkutosuchus was Attila Ősi's PhD essay. As a first year student I heard it myself when he presented it. Only the skull and jaw are known but I think the photo about the skull is more a symbol than the much better known Hungarosaurus or any other creature.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.