News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2019 - poll

Started by DinoToyForum, October 22, 2019, 01:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to eight [8] dioramas

1. Splendor in the grass
3 (2.1%)
2. The crimson terror in the park
4 (2.8%)
3. Challenger
13 (9.1%)
4. The rulers of the water
12 (8.4%)
5. Return of the King
26 (18.2%)
6. Giant's supper
19 (13.3%)
7. Don't look back
8 (5.6%)
8. Kirtland Formation
83 (58%)
9. Om nom nom... did you guys hear something?
66 (46.2%)
10. Going for the higher ground
32 (22.4%)
11. The horned king watches
1 (0.7%)
12. Truly savage? Or just had a bad day?
17 (11.9%)
13. Clash of sails
1 (0.7%)
14. Death walks behind you
7 (4.9%)
15. Sunset in Argentina
7 (4.9%)
16. Pinnacle of ceratopsian evolution
24 (16.8%)
17. We live, we love, we laugh
22 (15.4%)
18. An Argentina morning
30 (21%)
19. King of the Cretaceous
2 (1.4%)
20. Dawn of the Mesozoic
11 (7.7%)
21. Don't mess with the queen
100 (69.9%)
22. Mattel vs Hasbro... Who will win the Jurassic World Toy Championship?
7 (4.9%)
23. Get outta my way!
4 (2.8%)
24. Fishing breakfast
58 (40.6%)
25. Second mate Briggs finishes off a fearsome primordial monster - Skull Island 1933
9 (6.3%)
26. One way out
4 (2.8%)
27. Oops
60 (42%)
28. Tranquil passage
7 (4.9%)
29. Swamp dwellings
19 (13.3%)
30. The song of fight and fire
9 (6.3%)
31. Shadow monster
21 (14.7%)
32. Bank of the river
31 (21.7%)
33. Curiosity
37 (25.9%)
34. "Old School"
8 (5.6%)
35. Stomp
4 (2.8%)
36. Ah, mushrooms...for a new trip!
8 (5.6%)
37. Your mama? That's nonsense!
36 (25.2%)
38. Once there were giants
10 (7%)
39. Spring time in Cretaceous
6 (4.2%)
40. Holy s...!
4 (2.8%)
41. Le retour de pêche de l'Anhanguera
9 (6.3%)
42. Autumn hunter
6 (4.2%)
43. Defend the young
4 (2.8%)
44. Fishsticks - Tangasaurus mennelli
25 (17.5%)
45. Late Cretaceous clash
9 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 143

Voting closed: November 21, 2019, 12:10:43 PM

Neosodon

Quote from: Laurent Bourdin on October 24, 2019, 04:33:33 PM
Do you take care of the order of the vote? For example: if I vote for 21, 41, 9, 8 is it the same if I vote for 8, 9, 21, 41?
Since most people probably select their votes in the order they're listed, I don't think so.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Neosodon on October 24, 2019, 05:12:52 PM
Do you take care of the order of the vote? For example: if I vote for 21, 41, 9, 8 is it the same if I vote for 8, 9, 21, 41?
Since most people probably select their votes in the order they're listed, I don't think so.

It doesn't make any difference, the votes are not ranked. :)

Laurent Bourdin

Quote from: Ravonium on October 24, 2019, 05:08:38 PM
Do you take care of the order of the vote?

Not the person running the poll, but no. The winner is simply the entry that the largest number people selected.
Thank you for your answer!

Laurent Bourdin

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 24, 2019, 05:54:10 PM

Thank you! It could be an idea for next year!  ;)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Laurent Bourdin on October 24, 2019, 06:02:21 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 24, 2019, 05:54:10 PM

Thank you! It could be an idea for next year!  ;)

I only don't do it because the forum software doesn't have such functionality. Maybe it will one day.

Varanops

Am I missing one entry?  I count 45 total, but Dr. Admin encourages "...good luck to all 46 (entrants)."

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Varanops on October 26, 2019, 04:19:27 PM
Am I missing one entry?  I count 45 total, but Dr. Admin encourages "...good luck to all 46 (entrants)."

My mistake. I'll correct that.

ZoPteryx

DinoToyCollector

Oh, voting was a lot of fun. There are great entries. Good luck to everyone!

GojiraGuy1954

(Almost) all of these were spectacular, but "Kirtland formation", "Swamp dwellings" and "Don't Mess With the queen" are the best.
Also, who let the Mattel Vs Hasbro one in? It sticks out like a sore thumb, and not in a good way.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Federreptil

Nearly one week of the long time of waiting is gone. Maybe Dr Admin is right to take some rounds of looking, weighting and thinking about the voting before doing it. The fun lasts longer ;)
So it's now just the internal quiz: "Look at the entry and have you an idea about the creator?" But just be quite  :-X
Sometimes I dhave a strong guess because there are themes, styles and mannerisms which seems typical for some lomg-time participants. And it will be a favour, to see how many matches I can score when the curtain rises at the November  8)

DinoToyForum

So far 117 members have voted and every single diorama has at least one vote. :)

Libraraptor

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on October 27, 2019, 04:30:34 PM
(Almost) all of these were spectacular, but "Kirtland formation", "Swamp dwellings" and "Don't Mess With the queen" are the best.
Also, who let the Mattel Vs Hasbro one in? It sticks out like a sore thumb, and not in a good way.

I do not have any problem with it. We do not know anything about the creator an his/her intention. But what I do see is there was fantasy and an idea. Vote for what you like, do not comment about your dislikes. Every contribution counts as long as it is within the set of rules.

Mironimus

So many cool, fantastic, creative, funny and dramatic entries.
Hats off to all the participants.
:)
It was fun to look at all the pictures.
It wasn't easy to pick only 8 out of 45.
I wish everyone who took part in the Diorama Contest good luck.

I'm looking forward to see who wins the 'race'.
:D

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

DinoToyForum

About ten days until the voting closes, don't forget!

Syndicate Bias

I gotta say 9 is a great shot it reminds me of a book cover with a Carcharodontosaurus with it's foot down on a carcass while facing and roaring at a Deltadromeus.

Federreptil

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on October 27, 2019, 04:30:34 PM

If I read this and look to the named favourites I can totally agree with two of them  :)
It's not my cup of tea, if I see a diorama as a model scene with a lot surroundings. So 'swamp dwellings' is a very well crafted piece of scenery but not so satisfying as photo. And maybe I become an old geezer, when I see the combination of inhabitants. Is a cretaceous Pterosaurus Anhanguera really correct to a Dimetrodon from Perm? But when I remember my first attempts 2013 as a newbie my first combinations are also not so science-based. And the seniors gave me than very friendly but also accurate advises  ;)

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

ceratopsian

Almost forgot to get my vote in. As usual, there were some strong entries.

Crackington

Just voted, very difficult choosing 8, but well done to everyone. Afraid I wasn't able to put an entry in this time, been a very busy year, but I really enjoyed seeing all the entries, a lot of work obviously went into them.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.