News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun--New for 2020

Started by suspsy, November 11, 2019, 12:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

They've begun their reveals now:

Allosaurus

Ankylosaurus

Baryonyx

Brachiosaurus

Brontosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Mandschurosaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Spinosaurus.

Stegosaurus

Triceratops

Triceratops repaint

Troodon

Tyrannosaurus rex
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Flaffy

Definitely not good, but not bad by Mojo standards. Interesting how they went with "Troodon" instead of Velociraptor. Maybe this is an indication of them branching out to lesser known dinosaurs?
And while the wings are still wrong, they're definitely a step up from Mojo's previous attempt at dinosaur wings. The colours are much more natural this time around as well.

Though I am inclined to be wary due to the QC issues on the Deinonychus batch of releases.

bmathison1972

Not a dino expert (not wholly up-to-date on morphologic theories) but this sure looks more like a Velociraptor. Maybe that was an editorial error in the post and a Troodon is later to come this year? Last year they botched their oryx (and actually repainted it with input on the STS forum!!!!).

suspsy

What were the quality control issues on the Deinonychus again?

Killekor

In my opinion, this new Dromaeosaur from Mojo looks great!
I like it and I'll probably get one!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

stargatedalek

I see nothing about it that looks any more like a Velociraptor than a Troodon, it doesn't have the narrow jaws of Velociraptor but this generic skull shape is close to what Troodon was generally given.

Primeval12

I am surprisingly ok with this. I have always loved Troodon and don't have a toy of it.

Mattyonyx

IMHO, it looks like a Schleich knock-off. I mean, look at the jaw articulation... I'm glad I already have the WWD one.

Takama

This Troodon is a nice surprise to me.

I just wish the jaw were not articulated.   I Held a Mojo Alligator in the past which had an Articulated Jaw, and it was "not good" to put it lightly.

Unlike a lot of people here, I like that Mojo is makeing new dinosaurs that look better then the tail Draggers from there old days. To me the only Peoblems that that plauge this model are

Its Articulated Jaw

It was named Troodon instead of Steinonychosaurus

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on November 11, 2019, 01:29:19 PM

The paintjob. Promo images were significantly better than the actual products.

Shonisaurus

I honestly have no idea of the morphology of the dinosaurs but that troodon looks great, it is of lower quality than that of Invicta comparing it, but its feathers as with all feathered dinosaurs are very detailed at first sight. Honestly, his painting is quite good, since it is a toy PVC figure and on the other hand what I don't like are the jaws without lips and that his jaw is articulated, I am not a fan of the articulated jaws although I respect the majority of consumers who prefer these artistic licenses in their collectible figures / toy figures.
The hind legs look good, but they could be a little more detailed. He is honestly a good figure and my grade from my point of view is 6.5 out of 10. Pretty figure.  :)

Takama

This is what was Advertised

This is what we got (Photo From IrittatorRaji)

Faelrin

Definitely far from being the best, but could have been worse too. I think the proportion issues definitely make this look like a Schleich figure. The wings are step up (a tiny bit) from their Deinonychus though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Primeval12

Quote from: Takama on November 11, 2019, 03:42:52 PM

So.... Same problem as the CollectA Mapusaurus we got a few years back?

Takama

Quote from: primeval12 on November 11, 2019, 06:04:48 PM
Quote from: Takama on November 11, 2019, 03:42:52 PM

So.... Same problem as the CollectA Mapusaurus we got a few years back?

The CollectA Mapusaurus issue was diffrent

That models Stock photo had a Compltly diffrent Figure then the final Product

With the Mojo Deinonychus.   Only the Paint Scheme was diffrent

Vidusaurus

This certainly isn't the worst thing in the world - not even the worst new release so far - and it indicates an increase in effort if not quality. But it just doesn't have anything about it that makes it identifiably Troodon/Stenonychosaurus, or even a troodontid over a generic maniraptoran.

Mattyonyx

suspsy

The head on that Spinosaurus is reasonably good, but the rest of it is awful. It's like Mojo hacked off the head of a JP3 toy and stuck on a more accurate one in its place!

Flaffy

The top half of the skull is mildly adequate, but then they gave up with the rest of the figure. God it looks awful.

Primeval12

*sigh*

They tried ...

I like the coloration, the teals under the reds are a cool idea. I just wish it was more accurate.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.