News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Prehistoric Sharks Toob wanted

Started by Ikessauro, November 13, 2019, 01:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

I am looking for this toob. I need the original release one, with the little Earth Globe on top.

More recent issues of the toob come with an orange top, but that's the only one I could find on eBay. If anyone has this and is willing to sell, let me know. Also, if you know of any store that has this for sure, I'd appreciate any info you can provide.

stargatedalek

The figures didn't get altered with the new package design, so you don't need to worry about versions with this one!

Ikessauro

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 13, 2019, 01:58:12 PM
The figures didn't get altered with the new package design, so you don't need to worry about versions with this one!

Thanks for the info. But in my experience they do have a much poorer paint job in the new toob. I had the original one, had to sell it. Didn't realize Safari changed the models. Bought the new one and what a horrible job they did on this one. Messy paint application, paint blotches, the paint is not glossy as on the original release, quite disappointing.  :(

stargatedalek

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 13, 2019, 02:49:14 PM

Thanks for the info. But in my experience they do have a much poorer paint job in the new toob. I had the original one, had to sell it. Didn't realize Safari changed the models. Bought the new one and what a horrible job they did on this one. Messy paint application, paint blotches, the paint is not glossy as on the original release, quite disappointing.  :(
Mine are definitely glossy and I don't have a globe package version, though the application is quite messy. Sadly such things are likely more dependent on random chance. Potentially the first few batches of sets may have also been higher quality, but there's no guarantee a globe set would be that old.

Ikessauro

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 13, 2019, 03:32:52 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on November 13, 2019, 02:49:14 PM

Mine are definitely glossy and I don't have a globe package version, though the application is quite messy. Sadly such things are likely more dependent on random chance. Potentially the first few batches of sets may have also been higher quality, but there's no guarantee a globe set would be that old.

I guess you're right. I'm gonna settle for the ones I have for now, If I ever get the chance to buy an old set, I'll give it a shot.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.