News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2019 - Results

Started by DinoToyForum, November 21, 2019, 05:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

It's results time! The winners of the Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2019, sponsored by Urzeitshop, are as follows:

1st Place. Diorama 21. Don't mess with the queen, by avatar_Roarshots @Roarshots (100 votes)

2nd Place. Diorama 8. Kirtland Formation, by avatar_irimali @irimali (83 votes)

3rd Place. Diorama 9. Om nom nom... did you guys hear something?, by avatar_dreadmane @dreadmane (66 votes)

First honourable mention. Diorama 27. Oops, by avatar_acro-man @acro-man (60 votes)

Second honourable mention. Diorama 24. Fishing breakfast, by avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli (58 votes)

Third honourable mention. Diorama 33. Curiosity, by avatar_A.Garcia @A.Garcia (37 votes)

Congratulations to all the winners, I'll be in touch with you all shortly via email to arrange your prizes. Thanks to everyone who participated in the contest for making it another diverse year and thanks to everyone who cast their votes in the poll. Lastly, thanks to avatar_Mironimus @Mironimus and Urzeitshop for sponsoring us for a second time! Visit their store for all your dinosaur figure needs!

Killekor

Congratulations to all the winners! They all bought great entries!

Strange thing: It looks that four of the five entries which I voted for (number 21, 9, 27 and 24) have won! What a coincidence!

Spoiler
(The fifth one I chose was my own entry, "splendor in the grass" (No. 1) if someone was curious to know that).
[close]

Anyways, thanks to Dr. Admin and Urzeitshop for this amazing diorama contest! I'm already waiting for the next year's edition!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

acro-man

great great...

Congrats to the winners!

My favorite is No.8 Kirtland Formation - great lighting, lively animals, lush vegetation, and the looming volcanic smoke in a distance. Really took my breath and leaves me in awe. Though I can't say I am not happy it won 2nd place, I wished it could win the 1st place.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Andreioli

My favourite was definitely No.8 "Kirtland Formation" as well.
I just love irimali's detailed dioramas with everything custom made.

1st place No.21 "Don't mess with the queen" is a stunning photograph, great sense of movement.

Gongratulations to all top 3 winners, I voted for all, awesome entries.

Also, many thanks to those who voted for my diorama, I'm pleasantly surprised it gathered so much appreciation  ;D

Roarshots

OMG what?? I'm speechless! Never thought of that! That really made my week ♡
Thank you so much to all who've voted for my photo, I'm so thankful and happy right now! I spent pretty much time editing the eyes of the rexi and other annoying points in it, like dust spots in front of the foreground again and again till I liked it. So happy that my effort was worth it!
Also a big CONGRATS to the other winners! I really liked all your photos, every one has a different style and that's great  ^-^
And for sure a big thanks to the host avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum and the sponsor avatar_Mironimus @Mironimus and Urzeitshop!

instagram.com/roarshots

MLMjp

Hey, I voted for all minus one!

Congratulations to everyone, you guys have done some stunning pieces!

PumperKrickel

deleted

Concavenator

Congratulations to the winners!  ;)
This year there has been a lot of fantastic photographs.

Halichoeres

Congrats to everyone who submitted! A fine crop.

Quote from: PumperKrickel on November 21, 2019, 10:36:41 PM
Congrats everyone!

I only voted for 4 entries, and they´re all up there. My favourite piece is Kirtland Formation and I´m glad to see it among the winners.

That was my favorite too. It's the purest kind of diorama, an entire built environment.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Federreptil

Congratulation to everyone of the winning team! Very beautiful and strong artworks. This time I`m part of the majority. Every winner (except one) were one my shortlist and the first place is one of my absolute favourites. This is real big cinema and brilliant how the posing of the Pentaceratops is used for the dynamic. (If I can get a feathered T-Rex it will be unbelievable ;) ). The great calm and the atmospheric setting of 'Kirtland formation' is such a wonderful contrast. No battle, no big action but what a setting of light and subtile details. I like this so much, since the poll was starting. For this still life I miss a bigger solution than 1000px.

But winner are we all. All participants because of the joy and suspense ... and all DTF-members to see that. Thank you all for sharing this passion.

Libraraptor

Arul

Congrats to all winner, fantastic works everybody. Love the detail on diorama no.8, such a museum class.

Ravonium

Congrats to everyone featured here; 3 out of 6 of these are entries I voted for  :)

acro-man

avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli  could you please share how you made your diorama?

I am so eager to learn how you made the pteranodon stand, how the big arch rock looks 1:1, where the drops of water came from, and such.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

postsaurischian

:)  Very worthy results!

Don't mess with the queen must be a shot by a professional photographer (I might be wrong). Room layout, focus, light & colours and objects
  are brilliant. And it's the first time I'm liking the Papo Pentaceratops. I feel a bit ashamed, but I don't know what tyrannosaur figure this is :-[ .

Kirtland Formation is of course irimali's work. I guess everybody realized that immediately. He's a true artist with a very unique style.

The thing I like best in Om nom nom... did you guys hear something? is the Deinonychus on the far left trying hard to pull away the
  Tenontosaurus' head not knowing that he won't be making it in time ;D .

Georassic

Halzk

Congratulations! I'm so happy that "Don't mess with the queen" won the first place, it was my favorite!

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 23, 2019, 12:43:45 PM
but I don't know what tyrannosaur figure this is :-[ .
I believe it's Rebor's "Killer Queen" ^-^

Roarshots

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian
Thank you so much! I'm a hobby photographer since around 6 years. The rex figure is the Rebor Killer Queen in plain  :)

instagram.com/roarshots

Andreioli

Quote from: acro-man on November 23, 2019, 12:43:18 PM
avatar_Andreioli @Andreioli  could you please share how you made your diorama?

I am so eager to learn how you made the pteranodon stand, how the big arch rock looks 1:1, where the drops of water came from, and such.

Hi Jerry.

First of all, congratulations for your very creative entry in the diorama contest.
It was actually one of the 8 I voted for  ;D

About my diorama, it consisted of the following elements:
1. this wonderful custom built and painted (not by myself, but a hobbyist from the UK) vintage Airfix Pteranodon that I purchased earlier this year:

2. the Papo Tupuxuara model
3. a rocky base for the Tupuxuara (aquarium decoration)
4. Favorite Plesiosaurus stand (2 pcs)
Post-production:
5. an image of the Dorset "Jurassic Coast"
6. a sky image
7. png water splashes/droplets

Here's the original unprocessed photo:

And the final result:

DIY mini-studio setup:

As with my last year's entry, the key is forced perspective in order to arrange the elements as I want them in the frame and also to make certain thing appear bigger than they are  ;)

Hope this answeres your question  ^-^

Mironimus

Congratulations to all the winners.
Very well done.
:)
As soon as I receive the e-mail-addresses of the winners, by Dr. Admin, I will send the vouchers to the winners.

I'm already looking forward to next years Diorama Contest.

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.