News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo 2020

Started by Renecito, November 28, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I would be very surprised if number 2 wasn't Stygimoloch.

At least we finally have something, even if it isn't much to go by. Hopefully after the Papo Spinosaurus is released we'll get proper reveals of whatever these are supposed to be.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jorge Mario

I hope it is a Giganotosaurus, it is safer a Stygimoloch and the orange I create a plateosaurus, lurdusaurus or I hope it is a gallimimus

Syndicate Bias

Well I hope this year is better than last...I'm assuming we'll be getting the usual 6 figures I just hope half of them aren't repaints like last year when everyone lost hope after seeing only two new figures and three repaints lol

Duna

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on November 28, 2019, 08:07:02 PM
and it looks somewhat upright to me? Like it really looks like it's in one of those reared roaring poses.
Yes, it looks so.

The orange one looks like a dryosaurus or hypsilophodon. Neck it's to thick and short to be gallimimus (I hope it's not).

Shonisaurus

I have no idea of ​​two figures. The first looks like a tyrannosaurus rex (new version) or perhaps another relative of tyrannosaurus rex, for example tarbosaurus. If it were decent and outstanding, it would occupy the position on the shelves of the collectors or share a place on the shelves with the tarbosaurus of Favorite. I do not think that unfortunately it is a giganotosaurus does not look like it.

The second is clearly a stygimoloch inspired by the stygimoloch of the JW movie (latest movie). I think that's something clear.

The third toy dinosaur figure can be a herbivore or even an omnivore, but I don't have the slightest idea to which dinosaur the image of the third photograph represents, and the same as that of the first photograph. They are all guesses.

Knowing Papo I would not be surprised if the first figure was a tyrannosaurus rex, it reminds me a lot of the vinyl version that I am lucky to have on my shelves of the gigantic tyrannosaurus of PNSO, but it is a simple assumption. It reminds me of that photographic fragment of the PNSO tyrannosaurus vinyl and even reminds of the Rebor tyrannosaurus rex of the same material that will be marketed.

Flaffy

Was hoping they'd do a Sinoceratops, but oh well.
#2 is going to be boring as ever if it's yet another JW-clone Stygimoloch. Is the JW stygi really that popular with dinosaur fans?

The rest of them peak my interest. I hope #1 isn't in a painful outlandish pose like the Pentaceratops is in... but knowing Papo, it'll probably be in such a pose, a shame. Would be really cool if they shook things up and made a Zhuchengtyrannus, or even a Tarbosaurus for once.

Loon

Quote from: Flaffy on November 29, 2019, 01:05:42 AM
#2 is going to be boring as ever if it's yet another JW-clone Stygimoloch. Is the JW stygi really that popular with dinosaur fans?

^This.

If I wanted a Jurassic clone, I'd pick up a Nanmu or W-Dragon figure. With some places charging anywhere from $40-$50 for some Papo figures now, those wouldn't be much of a leap.

suspsy

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 28, 2019, 07:08:37 PM
Quote from: Atokensis on November 28, 2019, 07:06:07 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 28, 2019, 06:53:47 PM
Could you imagine if it turned out to be a Plateosaurus? I don't see it but you never know. All I'm getting from it and the theropod are that they aren't the big figures so my best guess on that might be a Tarbo like suspsy something tells me it is.

Maybe it's a baby (not mini) Giganotosaurus 2020 😂

I don't think I could handle being trolled that hard by Papo 😂

What if Papo decided to take a page out of CollectA's book and produced a Giganotosaurus Corpse with a couple of gigantic sauropod footprint impressions on its crushed body?
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Loon

Quote from: suspsy on November 29, 2019, 01:37:35 AM
What if Papo decided to take a page out of CollectA's book and produced a Giganotosaurus Corpse with a couple of gigantic sauropod footprint impressions on its crushed body?

Maybe its just because I find Giganotosaurus to be incredibly uninteresting and over-hyped, but, I would find that incredibly funny.

Stegotyranno420

So hyped for a new giganotosaurus!

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 28, 2019, 07:08:37 PM
Quote from: Atokensis on November 28, 2019, 07:06:07 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 28, 2019, 06:53:47 PM
Could you imagine if it turned out to be a Plateosaurus? I don't see it but you never know. All I'm getting from it and the theropod are that they aren't the big figures so my best guess on that might be a Tarbo like suspsy something tells me it is.

Maybe it's a baby (not mini) Giganotosaurus 2020 😂

I don't think I could handle being trolled that hard by Papo 😂

I think a baby Giga is a wonderful idea and should be definitely explored in the event that such a thought would come to mind from Papo.

Anything but a dead Giga  :'(

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 29, 2019, 02:33:38 AM

I'm curious as to what makes you think we will get a Giga this year  ???

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno

suspsy

Quote from: Loon on November 29, 2019, 01:47:24 AM

Maybe its just because I find Giganotosaurus to be incredibly uninteresting and over-hyped, but, I would find that incredibly funny.

I'd buy a toy like that in an instant. ;D
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 29, 2019, 03:21:45 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 29, 2019, 02:33:38 AM

I'm curious as to what makes you think we will get a Giga this year  ???

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno
Sorry got too excited.

Stegotyranno420

What I hope
Carnivore: Allosaur or Megalosaurid(hoping for a Giganotosaurine)
Long neck: Prosauropod or out dated Deinocheirus
Spikes(Stygimoloch or Dracorex)
What do you thinj

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 29, 2019, 06:33:50 AM
What I hope
Carnivore: Allosaur or Megalosaurid(hoping for a Giganotosaurine)
Long neck: Prosauropod or out dated Deinocheirus
Spikes(Stygimoloch or Dracorex)
What do you thinj

It could be although until we see the full photos of the promotional figures of Papo's toy they are all speculations. I would like a deinocheirus with an acceptable size that competes with the figures of Safari and the collecta deinocheirus or even a gigantoraptor instead of a prosauropod the gigantoraptor is one of my many favorite dinosaur figures and very underrated in the toy market and the that exist with quite insufficient size for me, taking into account the considerable size of this Cretaceous dinosaur species.

A giganotosaurus by Papo and well sculpted would be interesting on the part of Papo is a highly anticipated figure for me.

Killekor

I'm happy to finally see some news about Papo's upcoming releases! I'm really curious to see the entire figures!
Here's my bets:

-Dinosaur 1: It's almost certainly some kind of Tyrannosaur. Probably it will be a "scientific" (if that's possible) T-Rex, but it's also likely that it's a Tarbosaurus, as other members noted. It's just me or the figure' arm look really weird? If it was just for it I would had bet a Mononychus-like animal.

-Dinosaur 2: It's without any doubt a Stigymoloch. I'm personally happy of it, especially if it's Jw inspired.

-Dinosaur 3: in my opinion it's almost certainly some kind of sauropod/prosauropod (Mussaurus or Plateosaurus would be particularly welcome), because of the leg's shape.

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 29, 2019, 03:20:42 AM
I think a baby Giga is a wonderful idea and should be definitely explored in the event that such a thought would come to mind from Papo.

Anything but a dead Giga  :'(

I agree with you on both points! I've never been a fan of dinosaur corpses, and I would also like a "scientific" baby Spinosaurus, in scale with the upcoming adult one. Also the baby Giganotosaurus that you mentioned would be great!

Anyways, any kind of figure from Papo for me is more than welcome (as with almost all the other brands)!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Syndicate Bias

I agree with you on that avatar_Killekor @Killekor

I've personally loved the jw stygy so I assumed Papo would make one given JWFK had given the lil guy the spotlight at the end.

Tarbo seems likely maybe because it would go nicely with the Theri in a very oddly posed diorama maybe at least that's the most logical thing right now.

And as others have noted the third could be a Plateosaurus but I'm banking on Dryosaurus but it's not easy to tell.

Aside from all the speculation two of these seem like small figures while the theropod seems like medium size so that leaves us with the main attraction of the 2020 releases to be even teased yet and ofcourse some repaints as is always with Papo.

I probably won't post past this until more has been revealed but I'm hoping I'm right and we get one more surprise like the Spino last year. I'm banking on a Giganotosaurus or a feathered T Rex for 2020. Given the interview with Mr.Seo a few years back every dinosaur he mentioned had now been released but the Giga which was waiting approval from Papo so maybe this is it.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 29, 2019, 11:55:21 AM

Tarbo seems likely maybe because it would go nicely with the Theri in a very oddly posed diorama maybe at least that's the most logical thing right now.

Something like this?

Andre

There's something I don't understand on the orange one.. on the light colored part there is something that, when I saw for the first time, I thought it looked like an octopus' suction cups... but then I got concerned because that could also be the skin folds as we see on the Amargasaurus and the Polacanthus.. Could that be the return of the "other sculptor"? :-\

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.