News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo 2020

Started by Renecito, November 28, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Mattyonyx on November 29, 2019, 11:00:54 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 29, 2019, 11:55:21 AM

Tarbo seems likely maybe because it would go nicely with the Theri in a very oddly posed diorama maybe at least that's the most logical thing right now.

Something like this?

Oh yes that sums it up perfectly hehe

A @Andre I thought the same thing I hope we are wrong.

Regardless of whatever that third figure is I am extremely excited to see what else Papo has in store for us hopefully for 2020  ;)

GojiraGuy1954

1. Giga
2. Stygimoloch
3. Some kind of early Tyrannosaur, possibly Proceratosaurus or Guanlong.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

I am sincerely glad that Papo presumably does a stygimoloch in 2020 even if it is based on JW Papo's pachycephalosaurus was very small and left Pag's marginocephalus very poorly represented. I hope the size is decent, that is, small-medium or medium size. In my case I prefer it of medium size.

Renecito

Quote from: Andre on November 30, 2019, 01:12:47 AM
There's something I don't understand on the orange one.. on the light colored part there is something that, when I saw for the first time, I thought it looked like an octopus' suction cups... but then I got concerned because that could also be the skin folds as we see on the Amargasaurus and the Polacanthus.. Could that be the return of the "other sculptor"? :-\

This is papo, so the orange neck one could be anything even another weird looking spinosaurid.  :P
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shonisaurus

Could it even be a gigantoraptor by Papo pop art as his baryonyx? Papo is a brand that stands out that being very transgressive when it comes to making dinosaur figures if it is well finished I would not mind a gigantoraptor with a philosophical interpretation of Papo as his baryonyx. In short, almost all species of prehistoric dinosaurs and animals in relation to their remains are speculations (very little fossil material is preserved) and the gigantoraptor is no exception. I wouldn't mind a modern and subrealist interpretation by Papo of a gigantoraptor or a plateosaurus. I like Papo itself and I respect his artistic philosophy although it does not match my preferences of how a prehistoric animal should be performed and among these a dinosaur.

If it's well modeled like Papo's baryonyx, I don't mind a dinosaur based on pop art by Papo.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on November 28, 2019, 07:02:34 PM
A Tarbosaurus would be a shocker to me.

It's possible considering their recent interest in Gorgosaurus. Heck, even an Albertosaurus is possible at this point.

Takama

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 30, 2019, 10:00:02 PM

It's possible considering their recent interest in Gorgosaurus. Heck, even an Albertosaurus is possible at this point.

Papo has a Habit of Makeing species that have appeared in the Media in some Form. The Gorgosaurus could of been made, due to its apperance in WWD the movie.

Want more Examples of Obscure/forgotten media they took inspiration from?

The Cryolophosaurus was inspired by Dinosaur Revolution

There Discontinued Pachyrhinosaurus was inspired by the one from Disneys Dinosaur.

Thats not to say EVERTHING they make these days comes from the media.    They clearly are makeing more original items now. But Gorgosaurus was just one that makes me think WWD Even without the iconic Blue Coloration.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on December 01, 2019, 01:06:07 AM

Papo has a Habit of Makeing species that have appeared in the Media in some Form. The Gorgosaurus could of been made, due to its apperance in WWD the movie.

There Discontinued Pachyrhinosaurus was inspired by the one from Disneys Dinosaur.

Thats not to say EVERTHING they make these days comes from the media.    They clearly are makeing more original items now. But Gorgosaurus was just one that makes me think WWD Even without the iconic Blue Coloration.

I am not too familiar with media but has Albertosaurus been well represented in films or video games? Mattel has one released so it wouldn't be a stretch to expect a Papo Albertosaurus some time in the near future.

Now that you brought it up, I definitely see the influence of the Cryo from DR (especially with respect to the posture and the crest) as well as the origin of the "antlers" in the Pachy.

Takama

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 01, 2019, 01:21:25 AM
Quote from: Takama on December 01, 2019, 01:06:07 AM

I am not too familiar with media but has Albertosaurus been well represented in films or video games? Mattel has one released so it wouldn't be a stretch to expect a Papo Albertosaurus some time in the near future.

The only source of media that comes to my mind is Primevil

But i do not think Papo Will do that, because it looks too simaler to There Gorgosaurus.  I always thoght that they tend to avoid makeing species that look to simaler to eachother.

Faelrin

On topic of the Papo Cryolophosaurus, the coloration of it also came from the Sideshow Collectibles Ceratosaurus statue, although the pose and sculpt definitely seems based off the Dinosaur Revolution one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tmdsmk

The second one is Stygimoloch for sure. The first one can be either a Tyrannosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus (I hope it is a Carcharodontosaurus), and the third one may be a Plateosaurus.

Mirroraptor

Finally someone thought it might be some Prosauropoda thing. Fantastic.

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Andreioli on November 28, 2019, 05:34:37 PM

With a jawline like that, there's no way it's anything other than a T. rex. They haven't made a new sculpt of one since the running rex, wouldn't surprise me if they decided they needed a new one to add to the catalogue.

oscars_dinos

I will cry tears of joy if its a scientifically accurate t rex to go along with the new spino

Saurox

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on December 01, 2019, 07:16:00 AM
Quote from: Andreioli on November 28, 2019, 05:34:37 PM

With a jawline like that, there's no way it's anything other than a T. rex. They haven't made a new sculpt of one since the running rex, wouldn't surprise me if they decided they needed a new one to add to the catalogue.

It has something of a juvenile look to it, so perhaps a new juvenile T. rex.

Stygymoloch looks pretty nailed down.

I have a sneaking suspicion the latter is a suchamimus.

Syndicate Bias

No Giga   :-[

Papo playing with my feelings

At least they gave me a Stygy which I've wanted from them I might buy 3 of them it saved me from putting money down for a resin kit.

Cretaceous Crab

It could be a Daspletosaurus, or Tarbosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on December 01, 2019, 12:09:40 PM

It could be a Daspletosaurus, or Tarbosaurus.

Between a daspletosaurus and a tarbosaurus, I would like a daspletosaurus. A decent-sized daspletosaurus by Papo would be great especially when the only daspletosaurus I have in my collection is that of the 2013 Collecta brand and honestly it doesn't convince me as a figure.

I would not dislike the tarbosaurus either but fortunately we have the Favorite tarbosaurus and it is well represented although it would be great a tarbosaurus on the scale of his tyrannosaurus rex by Papo.

But that said, I prefer daspletosaurus.

empire3569

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 01, 2019, 11:51:16 AM
No Giga   :-[

Papo playing with my feelings

At least they gave me a Stygy which I've wanted from them I might buy 3 of them it saved me from putting money down for a resin kit.

You say "No giga" with such confidence, have you seen the full images?

PumperKrickel

deleted

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.