News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo 2020

Started by Renecito, November 28, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

I didn't know you could find Limited Edition figures in local toy stores...

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: MLMjp on October 16, 2020, 07:11:50 PM

TELL ME WHERE THIS STORE IS NOW

MLMjp

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 16, 2020, 07:25:43 PM
Capital city of Spain...

Stegotyranno420

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 16, 2020, 07:33:54 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on October 16, 2020, 07:31:32 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 16, 2020, 07:25:43 PM
Capital city of Spain...
Madrid? Nevermind

I think that Papo limited version spinosaurus is not so much "limited version".

Faelrin

? @Stolpergeist What a beautiful illustration of them that you've done.

D @Dino Scream3232 Good to see some confirmation that it will be releasing soon, and has not been canceled.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

So much for the spinosaurus being "Limited Edition".

Duna

Quote from: MLMjp on October 16, 2020, 07:11:50 PM
Yes, it has been on sale in the smallest local toy store in my town ...  ::) (in northern Spain) just like the other Papos they sell ... and with the box.

Mattyonyx

Even here in Sicily a small store had two of them. Now I think there's one left.

DragonRider02

I have seen at least one online Polish toy store selling that Spino. They got it in stock around four months After ED, and they're constantly restocking it ever since. I was really shocked when I saw it. I mean, we don't even get the most recent CollectA Deluxes here! I really feel like the Spino isn't really that limited After all  :P :P :P

Over9K

I'm thinking the Spino didn't sell, and now they're spreading them around trying to finish out the run.

Andreioli

Shonisaurus

What a great news! I hope that one day in my Museum Shop they will have that figure together with the stygimoloch and the feathered velociraptor repainted to comment to the DTF my personal impressions about these figures from seeing them physically. The same can be said for most of the dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals in Collecta 2020.

Loon

Quote from: Andreioli on October 27, 2020, 05:26:03 PM
Looks like the Megaloceros is available in Germany:

https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/Papo-Megaloceros-55080.html

Hopefully that means other shops start getting them soon as well.

Loon

Well, that was predictable honestly. Their mammals have never had the best paint. Still, this is a figure I'm incredibly excited for.

Fenestra

The figure looks really nice.
I can't help but wonder if the antlers will droop over time.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, although it varies with respect to the initial prototype since the paint is much darker, that megaloceros leaves its counterpart from Bullyland in the background.

The antlers and hair details are absolutely beautiful and the white hair strands on the lower part of the body are detailed and very well done. It is honestly the best toy megaceros figure on the market and it is not a compliment, in my honest and personal opinion.

Renecito

That megaloceros is truly a great figure from papo.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

suspsy

Some good news for fellow Canadians: I came across the Chilesaurus, the Giganotosaurus, and the Stygimoloch at Mastermind Toys today. Hoping that the Megaloceras will arrive soon as well. That's still the only 2020 Papo toy I want.

Also, the Giganotosaurus was retailing for $34.99, which is not as harsh a price tag as I thought it would be. Although I have to say, it looks even more ludicrous in person.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.