News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Allosaurus (2 Versions) w/ Claire Dearing (Released)

Ankylosaurus (2 Figures) w/ Sarah Harding

Apatosaurus (2 Versions) w/ Dr. Wu

Ceratosaurus

Ceratosaurus Bust

Mosasaurus w/ Ian Malcolm

Mosasaurus Bust

Stegosaurus

Tyrannosaurus rex (3 Versions) w/ Owen Grady

Tyrannosaurus rex Bust (2 Versions)

Velociraptor Squad (4 Versions) w/ Robert Muldoon

GojiraGuy1954

That Mosa is beautiful but it'll be really expensive
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

The mosasaurus of Nanmu will be sold at a scary price, it is a pity that no online store I know is encouraged to buy that magnificent figure on the other hand we hope that on Aliexpress it is sold at a cheaper price, if it is not so with total security I will buy it on the other hand the figure must be immense, have you noticed compared to the Nanmu carnotaurus, the Nanmu carnotaurus is perhaps not a large figure but has a considerably medium-large size and looks like a miniature in front of the mosasaurus of the same brand.

Takama

:o :o :o :o :o :o

YES!!!! A 1:35 Scale Sauropod Model   

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on December 05, 2019, 05:49:36 PM
That Mosa is beautiful but it'll be really expensive

its 24" half is thin tail, i'm betting 100.00 or less.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on December 06, 2019, 02:03:39 AM
:o :o :o :o :o :o

YES!!!! A 1:35 Scale Sauropod Model   

Awesome! kinda reminds me of the Sideshow one but that head feels very JW like

Loon

Was just about to post those images...good god, is that pretty. Thanks to a recent AliExpress order, I now have a newound love for 1/35 Sauropods and Nanmu figures; so, this is definitely something I want.

Shadowknight1

Geez, the Allosaurus looks great, but I'm still gonna wait to see some reviews.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 06, 2019, 02:17:16 AM

Yeah, it's kinda weird, other than the head it's not really accurate to films.

Everything's a little too thick for a JW Apatosaurus, it's much more scientifically accurate in that case. Though, that kinda makes me wish they would release a version with a more scientifically accurate head. Also, the skin should probably be a bit more elephantine and wrinkly.

BTW, I think I found what the color ways are going to be.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on December 06, 2019, 03:19:42 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 06, 2019, 02:17:16 AM

Yeah, it's kinda weird, other than the head it's not really accurate to films.

Everything's a little too thick for a JW Apatosaurus, it's much more scientifically accurate in that case. Though, that kinda makes me wish they would release a version with a more scientifically accurate head. Also, the skin should probably be a bit more elephantine and wrinkly.

BTW, I think I found what the color ways are going to be.

Yeah I'm not loving how they are combining things. It's like they aren't sure what is going to appeal so start to tweak it. I'm collecting these as JP/JW replicas so like it or not I want the film designs.  I think the film version was supposed to A. Ajax while this one has A. Louisae's body.  Which is what the Sideshow statue was. Also Papo's version was copied from it.

I think I found the main inspiration for the Allosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Nanmu's apatosaurus looks phenomenal. I honestly can't imagine how much that magnificent figure will be and even that of the mosasaurus sincerely I really like it but the price will be beastly. Hopefully some member of the DTF obtains it and can show it to us, it is without a doubt the first mass-produced apatosaurus in the toy market and the first sauropod with an acceptable size in the PVC market with the exception of the PNSO huanghetitan that It was vinyl.

Mellow Stego

That Apatosaurus looks amazing! I really hope it has a cool paint job.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

ITdactyl

When I first saw this on Facebook, I thought they were only doing a mock-up based off the Sideshow Apatosaurus - But I guess this will be the final product.

Another tempting item for 2020.

Over9K

I just got my first Namu figures, the Sinoceratops and the Indominus Rex, and I'm very pleased with them, despite the premium price over the Rebor stuff. The Indominus is just fantastic, though, I need to get out the hair dryer and see if I can fix that tail tip...

The Sinoceratops is a tiny bit softer in the details, but still a wonderful figure.

I'll have to compare the Nanmu and W Dragon Spinos once the production examples of the Nanmu come out, but that Mosasaur is a must-have!

Shonisaurus

The indominus is the best that Nanmu has done. In regard to sinoceratops is a good figure but does not have the same degree of brilliance as the fantastic creature of the indominus.

Duna

I've been a long time thinking about buying the Nanmu Indominus ... please, stop posting pics!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

:)) :))

Duna

Quote from: Over9K on December 08, 2019, 07:19:37 AM
I just got my first Namu figures, the Sinoceratops and the Indominus Rex, and I'm very pleased with them, despite the premium price over the Rebor stuff. The Indominus is just fantastic, though, I need to get out the hair dryer and see if I can fix that tail tip...
By the way, I've read in the comments of a seller that the tail has a metal wire inside it, so you can position it as you want.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna True, the tail of the indominus of Nanmu Studio is flexible, it can be moved.

Over9K

Quote from: Duna on December 08, 2019, 06:46:59 PM
Quote from: Over9K on December 08, 2019, 07:19:37 AM
By the way, I've read in the comments of a seller that the tail has a metal wire inside it, so you can position it as you want.

The wire ends about 2" from the tip of the tail, and in the box the tail on mine got twisted, not just bent, so the unwired section retains an upward bend. Hopefully heating it up will allow it to relax.

Over9K

Quote from: Duna on December 08, 2019, 04:01:42 PM
I've been a long time thinking about buying the Nanmu Indominus ... please, stop posting pics!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

:)) :))

Post more pictures? Ok!

Come on... all the cool kids get the Indominus... you DO want to be one of the cool kids... right?  >:D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.