News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Quote from: Over9K on December 08, 2019, 09:31:53 PM
Post more pictures? Ok!

Come on... all the cool kids get the Indominus... you DO want to be one of the cool kids... right?  >:D
I shall not read that post, that post doesn't exit, cool kids don't exist, Indominus does not exist ... What's an Indominus??  ::)

Ohh MYY, THOSE TEETH are amazing!!!  :'( :'(

Syndicate Bias

I kinda want it but then I kinda don't because it reminds me of the potential Giganotosaurus vs T Rex that could've been in JW but ah...oh well

Loon

I'm not particularly interested in the Indominus or Indoraptor. Hybrids are fine as Mattel figures, but I can really see myself dishing out $80 for one.

However, I really wish they would release those figurines that come with them separately.

Takama

I just read on Lanatime2018 Isntagram that the Apatosaurus will be made out of PVC+ Composites.   So it may not be a Full Solid PVC Figure

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Takama on December 08, 2019, 11:31:35 PM
I just read on Lanatime2018 Isntagram that the Apatosaurus will be made out of PVC+ Composites.   So it may not be a Full Solid PVC Figure

I sincerely understand the position of Nanmu Studio, an apatosaurus of that size made of 100% solid PVC would be a very expensive figure, especially when presented in a luxury box.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on December 08, 2019, 11:31:35 PM
I just read on Lanatime2018 Instagram that the Apatosaurus will be made out of PVC+ Composites.   So it may not be a Full Solid PVC Figure

Hmm sounds like what they have been doing, resin for more sturdy parts, softer rubber overall, some wire for poseability.  They could easily leave a hollow inside too to reduce cost.

Takama

If its going to be Hollow. I hope its somthing like the Schleich Replicasaurus Apatosaurus from 2009. That figure did everything a sauropod toy should do that companys these days dont care to invest in anymore.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on December 09, 2019, 12:33:10 AM
If its going to be Hollow. I hope its somthing like the Schleich Replicasaurus Apatosaurus from 2009. That figure did everything a sauropod toy should do that companys these days dont care to invest in anymore.

She's pretty hefty still much like the earlier 90's version. I haven't put them on a scale yet though..might be an idea.

Loon

Speaking of Sauropods, if Nanmu ever decided to step away from being strictly Jurassic World, I would be very interested in a Brachiosaurus (JP style preferably). Maybe, finally, Nanmu could be the one to do a TLW Mamenchisaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on December 15, 2019, 09:18:10 PM
Speaking of Sauropods, if Nanmu ever decided to step away from being strictly Jurassic World, I would be very interested in a Brachiosaurus (JP style preferably). Maybe, finally, Nanmu could be the one to do a TLW Mamenchisaurus.

Well the Rex and Raptors are coming soon..so..maybe?  I wouldnt call that Apatosaur strictly JW as it feels like a mix of things..same for the Allo...so dare I say it? Hybrids.

Shonisaurus

The positive thing that I see of a partially or totally hollow apatosaurus like that of Nanmu Studio is that this figure will be much cheaper than we feared, which is very good news. Unless solid PVC may be cheaper, but we must look at the PNSO vinyl huanghetitan that is sold at astronym prices, approximately more than 100 euros.
It could be everythingdinosaur or another online store selling those expensive figures so that you don't have to pay tariff rates, since products from China and other non-EU nations require all customs taxes in the world unfortunately.

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 15, 2019, 10:18:24 PM
Well the Rex and Raptors are coming soon..so..maybe?  I wouldnt call that Apatosaur strictly JW as it feels like a mix of things..same for the Allo...so dare I say it? Hybrids.

Oh, you're right. Are the releasing JP raptors? I've only seen the Blue ones.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on December 16, 2019, 06:24:11 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 15, 2019, 10:18:24 PM

Oh, you're right. Are the releasing JP raptors? I've only seen the Blue ones.

Blue was a test paint.  It's hard to tell, but given the different paint apps they used in the past I would guess we will get a set as the Raptor Squad and a set with the Nublar and Sorna colored ones maybe?  They do come with a figure of Muldoon as well.  Unless it's Roland Tembo? Again hard to tell.

They released more pics of the Apato, the head looks great but I'm mad about that body.

Says it should be out for preorder around the end of the second quarter of 2020 or the beginning of the third quarter of 2020

Hopefully that gives us time to get the Mosa already, the Rex and Raptors.

Fenestra

I wonder if the Apatosaurus will be in parts.
Maybe that you will have to insert the tail or neck yourself?
Otherwise it's going to be a pretty long box.

KeU

There's a PAPO Apatosaurus in the background in the last pic.

Loon

Quote from: Fenestra on December 16, 2019, 12:10:14 PM
I wonder if the Apatosaurus will be in parts.
Maybe that you will have to insert the tail or neck yourself?
Otherwise it's going to be a pretty long box.
I'd prefer it ship in parts, otherwise, shipping it to the states is going to be a nightmare.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: KeU on December 16, 2019, 01:04:28 PM

Well we knew they were copying Sideshow for the main body, guess they copied a copy instead. I see why I mean it's a fantastic Apatosaurus the Sideshow, but when you have it already and the Papo figure...

It also starts to feel lazy on Nanmu's part.

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 16, 2019, 04:29:49 PM

Well we knew they were copying Sideshow for the main body, guess they copied a copy instead. I see why I mean it's a fantastic Apatosaurus the Sideshow, but when you have it already and the Papo figure...

Well, atleast the body looks a lot more accurate than the Papo.

PhilSauria

If I can afford this one I'll buy it for sure. I have coveted the Sideshow Apato for years but it is waaaaaaay out of my price range, this one though may be do-able. Hope so.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on December 16, 2019, 04:31:57 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 16, 2019, 04:29:49 PM

Well, atleast the body looks a lot more accurate than the Papo.

The only difference in the Papo and Sideshow is size, two extra toenails on the backfeet and pose to a degree.  The body on this one looks the same to my eyes minus the neck/head.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.