News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeU

Taken from Nanmu's FB post...
Giganotosaurus's leg is still built-in ABS engineering plastic material to provide its stability.

https://www.facebook.com/Nanmutoys/posts/112581920676223

Shonisaurus

I ordered the two Nanmu giganotosaurus (the two color versions I mean) from the online sales company lacitedesnuages.be. It will take a long time for these figures to arrive, perhaps half a year or a year, but honestly it compensates me to buy those figures in that Belgian store, at least they will not impose tariffs on me by the postal service of my nation. I bought them on Black Friday.

Honestly seeing that leg made of that material makes one realize how the materials of toy dinosaur figures are evolving for the better, in a very short period of time from now in twenty years. The new plastic, vinyl and resin materials make every time the new dinosaur figures more hyper-realistic, detailed and more and more perfect.

SenSx

It's still good news.
No issue stability issue so far with my other Nanmu's, I hope they had the same treatment.
Heard some rexes were not standing well, mine is perfect.

I hope that Giga will be available in January from Chinese stores hopefully, Nanmu does not have any other figure to mass product before that one now.

Carnoking

Syndicate Bias

I have the REBOR one and the old official one from the 2005 toys wayyy back in the day from my childhood  I regret getting the former now that I see what Nanmu has in store ;-;

Halzk

Woah this is perfect. And the base, the base! My god this base is so awesome, I love it.

cooksonia

Very nice indeed. Looking forward to the finished version.

Duna

Shonisaurus

That vast saurus rex from Nanmu is tempting! Its base is spectacular I am in love with that fictional figure of Nanmu. It far exceeds all my expectations. Honestly, it is the best vastatosaurus that I have seen in the toy dinosaur market, it is the best vastatosaurus that I think exists in the toy market and that is only the prototype and that figure is unpainted and imposes fear and respect on me. Bravo for Nanmu !!!

Carnoking

Since REBOR only gave us two versions, I'm definitely excited to get this and complete the trio!

cooksonia

Should go nicely with their I. rex

Blade-of-the-Moon

just missing the bump on the tail tip. otherwise very nice.

terrorchicken

I always thought the T-rex stand-in from PJ's Kong had a really ugly design. Funny how there's nostalgia for it now like how there is for JP's dinos...

Carnoking

As a kid watching that movie, I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Never had anything but love for these brutes.

Takama

I loved that film.        I like it way more then say...Kong Skull island.

Though truth be told, i dont go into these films forthe big stinky ape, i go in for the prehistoric fauna.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Takama on December 09, 2020, 02:40:10 AM
I loved that film.        I like it way more then say...Kong Skull island.

Though truth be told, i dont go into these films forthe big stinky ape, i go in for the prehistoric fauna.

I feel the same way. PJ's Kong was so inspiring to me because of the extensive world-building Weta Workshops did, creating dozens of creative species. I spent my college years making papier mâché versions of them.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Syndicate Bias

I still have the big V Rex from the movie that eats figures and has the belly toggable for endless fun lol.

PJ's KK movie was my childhood.

terrorchicken

well that would explain it, I was already an adult when I saw Kong so I was like... nope, they're trying too hard with these designs.
Oddly enough I saw the first Jurassic Park while in my late teens and loved the designs there and still do despite now knowing how inaccurate they are, even the dilopho with its silly frill. But I dont care for the hybrid designs of the Indo Rex and Raptor.

Nostalgia is a funny thing.

Shonisaurus

I hope they make two color versions of the Vastatosaurus so with my other two Rebor vastatosaurus they can make a very good set when the four versions of King Kong gorilla painting arrive in my collection one is on pre-order at the bigbadtoystore, Rebor.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.