News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World: Motion Comic

Started by ITdactyl, December 06, 2019, 05:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

I initially posted this in the Fallen Kingdom thread, but it seems to deserve its own [thread].

'Seems aside from "Battle at Big Rock", the JW crew want to keep the hype up for the finale of the trilogy with these bits on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnR4Y2QGOhg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt-NtVuRLfM

For me, the motion comics are undoing the magic that was left by BaBR - but that's just my opinion. At the very least, the official lore is being expanded.

Blade-of-the-Moon

At least the art looks better than IDWs comics.

It is expanding the story, I'm also wondering if we are getting these events in this format so they dont have to use them in the final movie ( ie these are cut scenes they wanted but dont have room for ) or these were planned as something similar to Battle at Big Rock but budget constraints?

Kotori_Sonoda

They're pretty neat short videos I think. It's great to see what the world has become with dinosaurs running around.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Loon

Motion comics should have died in the early 2000's; I don't think they've ever been good. Also, couldn't Universal afford some better audio for these? Sounds like they were recorded in a tunnel.

Blade-of-the-Moon

ITdactyl

That was fast @Blade. 

Somehow, I think these motion comics are just meant to address the plot points that were left by those vignettes in the Fallen Kingdom ending.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on December 13, 2019, 07:12:53 PM
That was fast @Blade. 

Somehow, I think these motion comics are just meant to address the plot points that were left by those vignettes in the Fallen Kingdom ending.

I happened to be on youtube when it showed up lol

Yeah I think that's reasonable, I mean I'm sure we were all wondering what happened and how some of these played out.  Maybe this will go on til it catches up to the timeline in the new film.  We know they like stoking the hype train..

Kotori_Sonoda

Hope they make one starring the compies! Those guys would probably thrive in this new world...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on December 16, 2019, 12:44:58 AM
Hope they make one starring the compies! Those guys would probably thrive in this new world...

Battle at Big Rock had them chasing a kid in the credits.

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 16, 2019, 02:08:08 AM

Yep. I just want to see more of those tiny devils :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on December 16, 2019, 05:42:11 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 16, 2019, 02:08:08 AM

Yep. I just want to see more of those tiny devils :D

lol I do like them myself.   There is an unused script that was read on Youtube for one of the comic releases, happens after the first film where Compies make it to the mainland. I think it had them breeding in large numbers. A classic invasive species.

ITdactyl

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sorta lol looks like they used the JWFK juvenile design?   Not much new info but they did tie BaBR in so thats cool.

Kotori_Sonoda

Love how it's connected to Big Rock.
Also damn it ends on such a cliffhanger!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.