News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Takara Tomy - New for 2020

Started by Halichoeres, December 28, 2019, 02:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

As part of the Ania sub-line, Takara Tomy is making some new dinosaurs and repurposing some old ones to promote the upcoming movie Doraemon: Nobita's New Dinosaur. I'm aware of six releases due to drop in February.

The dinosaur's name is "Kyu," from what I could glean via Google Translate, it's supposed to be a new species (as in, the characters discover it as part of the plot).

This dinosaur's name is "Ryu," Kyu's twin

Doraemon the robot cat comes with baby versions of each.

I think this Pteranodon is identical to the one from their standard Ania line except that they've enlarged the eyes.

This Sinoceratops is a brand new mold.

I believe this Tarbosaurus is a repaint of their Ania Tyrannosaurus.

Playset with exclusive Titanosaurus

Also comes with a robot cat and a little egg

More from the core Ania line:

Quetzalcoatlus bundled with an adult and baby Supersaurus. This is the third time I know that a Japanese company has made a Supersaurus action figure, after Sega and Happinet. The Quetzalcoatlus wings are articulated, but only at the shoulder, so they don't fold into a proper flight posture.

Another bundle, with Therizinosaurus (I think this is a new mold), Tarbosaurus (I think this might also be a new mold?), and a repainted baby Triceratops

Playset "Combine! Dinosaur Expedition Island" with exclusive silver Tyrannosaurus

Ania capsule figures:

Allosaurus
Brachiosaurus baby
mammoth baby
Velociraptor

More capsule figures:

Allosaurus, Brachiosaurus, and two versions of Tyrannosaurus

More capsule figures:

Ankylosaurus
Carnotaurus
Futabasaurus
Pteranodon

Fukuiraptor:

Fukuisaurus:

Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous:

Ankylosaurus adult and "Bumpy"

Baryonyx

Carnotaurus

Dimorphodon

Shakurel figures (why do these exist?)

Pteranodon
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus
Velociraptor

update 21 August:
Ancient Seas capsule figures:

Anomalocaris

coelacanth

trilobite (Olenoides?)

Update 16 December:

Ceratosaurus
Supersaurus
Therizinosaurus

Update 24 Dec:

I really wish companies would stop making O. megalodon, one of the most pointless fossil sharks.

Mosasaurus with unspecified ammonite
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Most of these are actually pretty cute. I particularly like the pink Oviraptorosaur(?). Though it reminds me of the Oviraptor from The Land Before Time.

Also that Sinoceratops...I can't remember seeing anything like that ever before...

stargatedalek

I have to wonder if there is an unreleased JW Sinoceratops that got retooled into that.

Loon

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 28, 2019, 04:21:50 PM
I have to wonder if there is an unreleased JW Sinoceratops that got retooled into that.

Maybe, it has much more scale detailing than the very smooth main theropods. Though, it's missing the rhino-like details of Jurassic World version. Also, unlike the JW Sinoceratops, it has an attempt at accurate feet; though, the skin covered 4th and 5th digits are weirdly high up the forelimb.

Flaffy

interested to see if Takara has an official JWFK Sinoceratops that's planned.
Don't particularly care for anything else here.

Halichoeres

There will also be a playset with an exclusive Titanosaurus figure. As far as I know, this is only the second Titanosaurus figure made (the other is by DinoWaurs). I've added a photo to the first post.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

New stuff for the Ania line, photos in first post.

• Quetzalcoatlus/Supersaurus adult/Supersaurus baby
• Tarbosaurus/Therizinosaurus/Triceratops baby
• playset with silver Tyrannosaurus

suspsy

I like the Supersaurus and the Tarbosaurus.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Faelrin

Is it just me or does the Therizinosaurus look a bit like CollectA's?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halzk

Ooooh, I like the Quetzalcoatlus.

Flaffy

The supersaurus set is certainly interesting. Nice to see a diplodocid other than diplodocus itself.

I hope they release the Tarbosaurus as a standalone figure in the future, along with a new coat of paint.

terrorchicken

I like some of these but the joints are so weird looking, especially on the supersaurus, yikes!

PrimevalRaptor

That Quetzalcoatlus seems really cool, I lowkey prefer that pose with articulation to the Mattel one, makes it easier to store and display.

austrosaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on March 04, 2020, 05:33:58 PM
Is it just me or does the Therizinosaurus look a bit like CollectA's?
I was just about to say that! The Pteranodon looks suspiciously like the old brown Carnegie as well.

Halichoeres

Now available: Ania capsule figures.

Allosaurus
Brachiosaurus baby
Velociraptor
mammoth baby

Over9K

Added to the Ania line, preordering now for July release...

Fukuiraptor:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10688068

Fukuisaurus:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10688069

Flaffy

Pretty decent for Ania. Definitely some of their better offerings.
But I already have the Favorite Co. versions, don't really see a need in adding these to my collection.

I still don't get why Ania insists on giving their figures unsightly tail articulation points. When those resources could've easily went to neck and arm swivels/articulation instead, which would lend to much more playability.

Halichoeres

Yeah, those aren't too bad! Definitely among the nicest Ania figures.

suspsy

Fukuiraptor and Fukuisaurus are becoming the go-to dinosaurs beginning with the letter F. Those both look nice.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Flaffy

Since Ania isn't a dinosaur exclusive line, I really hope they make some Desmostylids like Desmostylus, Paleoparadoxia or Behemotops. All 3 are found in Japan.
The only Desmostylids figure we have to my knowledge is the Colorata one, and that one is small and not very well done.

If they want to make something more recognisable, Phosphorosaurus and Taniwhasaurus would be good picks, as both are Japanese mosasaurs.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.