News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Takara Tomy - New for 2020

Started by Halichoeres, December 28, 2019, 02:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Some clearer pics:

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor The smooth area between the eyes seems to depict the "head shield", abiet very subdued.
S @suchomimus Indeed, but nothing about that proves the figure is not an Olenoides either.

PrimevalRaptor

Glad to see it's there! And it even got the gills on the top of the animal, that's pretty good! :D

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on August 21, 2020, 06:03:17 PM

Also anyone have an idea on the cost of these? Are they part of the Ania line or separate? It kind of looks like the Anomalocaris has articulation but maybe just how it is assembled? If it is articulation this would be the first attempt to give some to the lobes.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin These aren't part of the Ania line. They're 300 yen, probably in vending machines, although I'm sure they'll cost a few times that to get in the States. And I do think they're articulated.

Thanks for the high-res photos, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy. If you don't mind, I'll add those to the first post.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Thanks for the info. I did ask brett to order these for me after he did send out an email announcement on them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on August 21, 2020, 04:57:08 PM
I still don't get the obsession with Olenoides. Like there are so many other interesting trilobites out there, yet companies only seem to make this specific genus for some odd reason. This is the 5th figure of the genus to my knowledge, quite a shame really.

I also think it's odd, but it might just be because the Burgess Shale fauna is the only assemblage of the Paleozoic that routinely gets publicity, and O. serratus features prominently there. I think the unnamed Cog Ltd trilobite is also modeled on Olenoides.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

More capsule toys from Takara Tomy:

I guess these are all supposed to be babies?

CityRaptor

Yep, those are supposed to be juveniles.  Probably no longer babies, given how much most of them resemble adults already. The most interesting out of those should be the Futabasaurus. ( The Western release of the adult one is simply called "Plesiosaur"...)
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

They're following up with another Great Old Sea set. I'm not adding it to the first page yet because I'm not sure if it will be released this year or next.

And hopefully we'll have better images soon. For now it looks like:
• Dunkleosteus
• Pterygotus
• Archelon
and I'm not sure if the ammonite is standalone or comes with the Archelon

Loon

These look pretty cool. I've been half tempted by the Anomalocaris, and now this Pterygotus, even though I don't like Takara's stuff much due to the articulation.

I think the Ammonite and the Archelon do come together, given that little plus sign between the two of them.

PrimevalRaptor

Those are looking pretty good from what we can see, especially the Pterygotus. I prefer the colors on the Dinotales one (still need to get that one one day...) but an articulated one sounds fun!

Faelrin

Yep I definitely want all of these. Love that Pterygotus especially, due to shortage of eurypterid figures though it would have been nice to see something else too for once. Too bad the Dunkleosteus tail is outdated once again though, but still the coloration looks nice even if it may be a bit similar to the Favorite Soft Model.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Smilodon P.

First, a trilobite and an anomalocaris. Now, a Pterygotus.

Finally, Takara-Tomy managed to get my attention in a very positive way!! :o

Halichoeres

Quote from: Loon on October 19, 2020, 05:39:05 PM
I think the Ammonite and the Archelon do come together, given that little plus sign between the two of them.

Yeah, I think that's right. The fact that it's shown so small compared to the others also suggests that it's a kind of accessory. Can't tell from the level of detail in this photo, but personally I'm hoping for Placenticeras.

Halichoeres

"Gacha action" capsule figures:

Ceratosaurus
Supersaurus
Therizinosaurus

stargatedalek

While they are horribly out of scale with each other, including the little great white with the Otodus is kind of a cute touch. As is the ammonite for the mosasaur. I'll almost certainly be picking these up.

Halichoeres

Quote from: JimoAi on December 22, 2020, 12:32:31 PM
https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810168997/
https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810168980/
New Takara tomy Megalodon and Mosasaurus due this weekend

Thanks, photos added to first post. Can't say I'm happy to see another megalodon

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.