News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Lego - New for 2020

Started by Halichoeres, December 29, 2019, 04:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Thanks, avatar_suspsy @suspsy I'll add that to the first post
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Images of the new summer sets have been leaked. I'm not going to share them here, as I'm pretty sure LEGO will be calling for them to be taken down. Instead, I'll just share some details.

The Indominus figure has new arms and appears to be a darker shade of grey than the 2015 one. The Ankylosaurus is coloured medium brown and beige with grey scutes and spikes. Looks pretty decent. The gyrosphere set is more elaborate than previous ones; it has a hut where people line up to board and a curbing ramp for the sphere to roll down. Includes Owen, Claire, those two annoying kids, and what I think is a park employee. Wouldn't mind owning the Ankylosaurus, but I'm not buying the whole set just for that.

The 4+ set consists of a blue and beige raptor (different from Blue), an ATV, a floatplane, and a tree. Includes Owen and Sinjin from the cartoon.

The Gallimimus reuses the body and limbs of the Stygimloch, which itself is retooled from the raptors. It has the same colours as the Mattel toys. The Pteranodon is dark and pale green. There's a large blue all-terrain vehicle and Owen, Claire, and a security trooper.

Dr. Wu's lab is small but impressive-looking, with eggs in a terrarium, big computers, and a table full of equipment. The baby Triceratops is dull green and beige and the baby Ankylosaurus is also green and beige (looks just like the Mattel toy). Comes with Owen and Wu. I might pick this one up eventually.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Flaffy

Still waiting for a Sinoceratops

suspsy

It wouldn't be much of a challenge for LEGO to do a Sinoceratops; they just need to create a new head piece and then attach it to the Triceratops body. Could do a Nasutoceratops as well.

Perhaps there'll finally be a set with a second ceratopsian when the third film comes out.

suspsy

Faelrin

They are going all out on merch with Bumpy and I am loving every bit of it. Glad to see a proper Gallimimus after the repacked Ceolophysis(?) was sold as one. The new Ankylosaurus is cool too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Halichoeres

Thanks, I'll add those to the first post!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ItsTwentyBelow

Hmmm well the baby Trike and baby Stumpy set I will probably buy on sale. So many characters to choose from though, and I really wish they'd release some new figures cause I already have Owen and Wu.

Really like the colors on that raptor, but I already have the green one.

The other sets are too expensive for my level of interest in Lego Jurassic Park. I like to keep my Lego collecting focused on Star Wars  ^-^

CityRaptor

Another magazine toy, another Owen:

Given his facial expression, even he is sick of it at this point.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Lanthanotus

All that dinosaur stuff could so good have been pulled off by LEGO without any license and with so much more creativity. Well, we can at least still build our own MOCs without Owens, Indominus or frilled Dilophos.

suspsy

Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 26, 2020, 04:54:30 PM
All that dinosaur stuff could so good have been pulled off by LEGO without any license and with so much more creativity. Well, we can at least still build our own MOCs without Owens, Indominus or frilled Dilophos.

Yeah, LEGO's 2012 DINO series is still far superior to the JW stuff.

stargatedalek

I would say they haven't even used the franchise licensing well. Outside of a few sets they're just rehashes of other sets with a few new Minifigures (IE mansion was previously in a Harry Potter set).

Flaffy

I'm surprised how they haven't taken advantage of making proper dinosaur paddocks/enclosures into sets.
I'm sure people would buy an entire series of those to recreate Jurassic Park/World, or even build their very own dinosaur parks.

suspsy

I am frankly baffled as to why LEGO hasn't made more sets based on the first three JP films, especially considering how they released a wide range of sets for the Harry Potter and Tolkien licenses. Nary a JP Jeep or a Park Explorer or any of the capture vehicles used by the mercenaries. Or a T. rex San Francisco Rampage set complete with Malcolm, Sarah, and the baby T. rex cruising in their hot convertible.

Halichoeres

Big yawn, but thanks. I'll add it to the first post.

suspsy

Brickset has posted a review of the Indominus vs Ankylosaurus set. The new Indominus figure looks better than the old one, although it's weird that LEGO replaced the arms with non-articulated hands. The Ankylosaurus figure is quite impressive even if it reuses the Triceratops' legs. Nevertheless, I'm not shelling out that much money for it. Already have designs on the new Creator pirate ship anyway.

https://brickset.com/article/51648/review-75941-indominus-rex-vs-ankylosaurus

CityRaptor

Another magazine set:

The Baby Raptor seems to be the Echo version this time, after they already had the generic one and the first version of Blue twice...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Thanks, I'll add that to the first post. Oddly, I'm not seeing your image, although if I go to the URL it's there.

Justin_

I thought these were new for 2021, but it appears they were released back in November:
LEGO IDEAS Dinosaur Fossils - https://www.lego.com/en-gb/aboutus/news/2019/october/lego-ideas-dinosaur-fossils/

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.