News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

2020 Forum Banner

Started by Ravonium, January 01, 2020, 02:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravonium

I've cleared my cookies and cache and it isn't appearing for me.

DinoToyForum

It is so odd, I don't know why it isn't updating for everyone. Including me, I still see the old version. Patience.

stegosauria

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 06, 2020, 03:39:25 PM
Quote from: stegosauria on January 06, 2020, 03:15:58 PM
I can see the new banner on my mobile and on my computer too (in Hungary).

Can?

Yes, I can (even now too). There's the Shringasaurus so it's definitely the new banner. Funny because I don't know why I can see it while almost everybody can't (I certainly didn't do anything like the others wrote). I use on my mobile CCleaner so that makes some clearing of unnecessary stuff. I can only think of that and I think I switched off my mobile somewhen in the last 24-36 hours.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stegosauria on January 06, 2020, 08:27:14 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 06, 2020, 03:39:25 PM
Quote from: stegosauria on January 06, 2020, 03:15:58 PM
I can see the new banner on my mobile and on my computer too (in Hungary).

Can?

Yes, I can (even now too). There's the Shringasaurus so it's definitely the new banner. Funny because I don't know why I can see it while almost everybody can't (I certainly didn't do anything like the others wrote). I use on my mobile CCleaner so that makes some clearing of unnecessary stuff. I can only think of that and I think I switched off my mobile somewhen in the last 24-36 hours.

Huh! Well, I'm baffled, I just can't seem to get the update to show up on my devices.

postsaurischian

I can see the new banner. It's great :) ! Nice choices.
Unfortunately in my case the Safari Deinonychus appears only once, right behind the DTF lettering.

Duna

Quote from: Concavenator on January 06, 2020, 04:41:36 PM
Where? On your device's settings , on Google?...   I still see the old one. I'm from Spain too.
Do you use Firefox? avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator . In Firefox, menu (right top corner, the green circle in my pic): Options --- Privacidad y Seguridad (on the left) -- cookies y datos del sitio --- Limpiar datos (on the right)

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 06, 2020, 09:21:29 PM
Unfortunately in my case the Safari Deinonychus appears only once, right behind the DTF lettering.
I see two deinonychus  :))

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Duna on January 06, 2020, 09:29:43 PM
Where? On your device's settings , on Google?...   I still see the old one. I'm from Spain too.
Do you use Firefox? avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator . In Firefox, menu (right top corner, the green circle in my pic): Options --- Privacidad y Seguridad (on the left) -- cookies y datos del sitio --- Limpiar datos (on the right)

avatar_Duna @Duna Thanks for the explanation Duna I can already see it.

DinoToyForum

Ah, shame. It's just bad luck.  :-[

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Duna on January 06, 2020, 09:29:43 PM

Ah, just good luck!  8)

Concavenator

avatar_Duna @Duna I use Safari, and still, the new banner doesn't appear.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Concavenator on January 06, 2020, 10:52:42 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna I use Safari, and still, the new banner doesn't appear.

Me too, and it's my site! I've purged cookies, history, cache, shut down computer, and still the old banner persists...
But as avatar_Duna @Duna's screenshot shows, the new banner is 'live'. I can't work it out.

Stegotyranno420

Dr. Adaminstrator! i have a screenshot

ceratopsian

I still have the old version on my desktop, using Chrome.  On my phone too.

Tyto_Theropod

I still have the old version on my laptop, using chrome.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

DinoToyForum

Can any tech heads help me here? I updated the forum's css (index.css) to link to the new banner, but the page source shows that for me, and apparently many other members (but not all!), the page is linking to different css file (index.css?fin20). But the latter file doesn't exist in my files. The suffix ?fin20 must mean it is a cached version of the old index.css. But how do I get it to update?

Doug Watson

No tech head here but I just noticed the New ATF banner comes in bright and crystal clear but on the DTF I see the old one as light and faded like the way the forum icons appear before you log in. My browser is Safari.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Doug Watson on January 07, 2020, 08:26:27 PM
No tech head here but I just noticed the New ATF banner comes in bright and crystal clear but on the DTF I see the old one as light and faded like the way the forum icons appear before you log in. My browser is Safari.

That's intentional so the title text is clearly visible (now that it overlaps a colourful background). I just forgot to lower the opacity for the equivalent ATF file when I updated it and haven't gotten around to correcting it...  :)

Concavenator

My browser is Safari too and I still see the old banner

Stegotyranno420

I keep on getting Safari(browser) confused with Safari.Ltd

Mononykus

Not sure if this helps, but I am still getting the old banner, so I loaded the image in a separate tab and noted it had the file name dinosaur_toy_forum_background_2018.png.  Changing the year to 2020 did give me the new image (separte from the page), so the image is out available, just not chosen by the page. So if all else fails, I guess you could just change the name of the image.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.