News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. - New for 2020

Started by ITdactyl, January 06, 2020, 10:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Tokugawa's most recent work for Favorite was the mini dinosaur skull series. I wish they'd use him more, I'd like to see more sets in the vein of the Cambrian series.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on October 14, 2020, 09:32:02 AM
Quote from: triceratops83 on October 14, 2020, 08:41:30 AM
Hey, I remember a pic posted here a while back showing a Kamuysaurus - does anyone know if that was an upcoming release or just a one-off sculpture by Kazunari Araki? I want to know if I should scratch it from my wish-list.

I don't recall Favorite Co. revealing any Kamuysaurus.

Araki made one that he showed on Twitter, but as far as I know it wasn't associated with Favorite.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

triceratops83

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 18, 2020, 04:46:29 PM
Araki made one that he showed on Twitter, but as far as I know it wasn't associated with Favorite.

Ah, thanks - I'll cross it off my list.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Halichoeres

Another big vinyl model, this one of Carnotaurus:

Bokisaurus

Unless Favorite starts adding something exciting or new, I've lost interest in this line.
I hope they do an entire new line with new species 🤨

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 01, 2020, 05:00:09 AM
Unless Favorite starts adding something exciting or new, I've lost interest in this line.
I hope they do an entire new line with new species 🤨

Yeah, same. 2016 was such an amazing year from them between the five sets of Fukui Museum figures and the Cambrian miniature series, but since then they've barely managed to sneak 1 or 2 figures into my collection per year. More of the Prehistoric Life line, less of the Dinosaur line, please!

Sim

I'm hoping they make more for the dinosaur line!  I'd like Favorite to make Amargasaurus (maybe the first accurate one), Ceratosaurus (there still isn't one I'm happy with), Dilophosaurus (same as with Ceratosaurus) and the Japanese species Futabasaurus and Utatsusaurus.

Carnosaur

Where did you get it?

Quote from: Andreioli on June 29, 2020, 06:39:28 PM
Well, here's the big vinyl Dippy:

Blog post: https://f-favorite.net/blogs/journal/products_info_new_item_post_00010

I think a more subtle paint job could improve this figure.