News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wild Past - New for 2020

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), January 01, 2020, 05:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

The Tethyshadros When will it hit the market? I have one commissioned to everythingdinosaur in pre-order

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 10, 2020, 11:00:09 PM
The Tethyshadros When will it hit the market? I have one commissioned to everythingdinosaur in pre-order

Soon-ish! avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector just posted this production image on social media, saying they should hopefully be ready by the end of the year.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 12, 2020, 04:42:03 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 10, 2020, 11:00:09 PM

Soon-ish! avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector just posted this production image on social media, saying they should hopefully be ready by the end of the year.

Browsing Wild Past on facebook I have seen that the figures planned for that end of the year will be made of the same plastic as the ones that made the protoceratops with a nest. Polychrome and soft PVC.

DinoToyCollector

The figures Tethyshadros + Scutosaurus etc. will be made out of soft plastic, but not as soft as the Protoceratops was ;-)

I just wanted to say that I can't say for sure whether the release will happen this year. The year is coming to an end quickly and Covid-19 still has us under control, including in production  ::)

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Thanks for your answer. Everything you comment is good news. In my case I will wait for what it takes. I have all the time to wait.

Sarapaurolophus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Maybe the longer waiting time will lead to more Shapeways sales ;)
I think (hope) we can all understand how the pandemic is affecting production and just keep practicing patience.

DinoToyCollector

As noted in another post, some projects are getting up and running again, especially Wild Past.
After a few experiments we have now found a common way with our factory to optimize the coloring for our figures. Exclusively here I am providing you with a few work in progress pictures. As you can see, the stripes are still missing, but in two weeks at the latest I will be able to show the final product pictures. If I can show the final product pictures, that also means: the figures are almost finished and available pretty soon. There is still a final test for approval in the EU and then everything should go very quickly :)

Sarapaurolophus

So tiny and yet packed with detail! Love them.

Shonisaurus

I commissioned Mike from everythingdinosaurus. I sincerely want those tethyshadros in my case. I'm going to be one of the safe buyers. By the way, when are you going to dare to make dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals with a larger size like other companies do? I suppose you don't do them because your company is based on scale figures like trains, which means that Wild Past is a highly scientific company focused on adult collectors as is my case and as was the vintage company of Invicta for putting a For example, or perhaps it is also due to economic aspects, since as the figure is larger, that is, the product increases the economic risks.

Anyway Wild Past is one of my favorite toy dinosaur brands, you remind me of high-end brands of trains and cars for collectors. Thanks, Wild Past!

ceratopsian

Excellent news. Only last night I was wondering how the Tethyshadros pair was coming along!  They look impressive even without the finishing touches and I shall order from Everything Dinosaur as soon as available.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on February 11, 2021, 02:09:39 PM
As noted in another post, some projects are getting up and running again, especially Wild Past.
After a few experiments we have now found a common way with our factory to optimize the coloring for our figures. Exclusively here I am providing you with a few work in progress pictures. As you can see, the stripes are still missing, but in two weeks at the latest I will be able to show the final product pictures. If I can show the final product pictures, that also means: the figures are almost finished and available pretty soon. There is still a final test for approval in the EU and then everything should go very quickly :)

So glad to see new photos of the Italian hadrosaurs! Can I share them on the Paleo-Nerd page?

Sim

I'm happy to see progress, I've sometimes wondered how things were going for you avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector.  I'm not interested in the Tethyshadros myself, but I'm eagerly waiting for the Majungasaurus and Plateosaurus!

SidB

Halichoeres

I'm with avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, a sure buyer. Day 1 purchase for me!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That looks really good, I will be buying from Everything Dinosaur as soon as possible.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

I'm very much glad to see paint samples of these. I'm very much looking forward to getting them when released.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Mattyonyx on February 11, 2021, 04:25:57 PM

So glad to see new photos of the Italian hadrosaurs! Can I share them on the Paleo-Nerd page?

avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx  If you want to, you can post them, yes :-)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on February 11, 2021, 02:09:39 PM

Wonderful to hear! These almost-final-products look wonderful! I can't wait to have my own pair!  :))

Thialfi

Beautiful work! Can't wait for these two to become available!

Sorry to bother you with another question, but: is the scutosaurus still planned? Easily one of my most anticipated figures of 2021.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.