Author Topic: Wild Past - New for 2020  (Read 12887 times)

GojiraGuy1954

• Precambrian survivor
  • Ay
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus
Re: Wild Past - New for 2020
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2020, 10:50:11 PM »
you should do a spinosaurus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

• Old fossil member
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2020, 11:00:09 PM »
The Tethyshadros When will it hit the market? I have one commissioned to everythingdinosaur in pre-order

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

• Precambrian survivor
  • DinoDadReviews.com
    • View Profile
    • Dino Dad Reviews
  • Dinosaur: Allosaurus
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2020, 04:42:03 AM »
The Tethyshadros When will it hit the market? I have one commissioned to everythingdinosaur in pre-order

Soon-ish! @DinoToyCollector just posted this production image on social media, saying they should hopefully be ready by the end of the year.

Shonisaurus

• Old fossil member
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2020, 01:45:32 PM »

Soon-ish! @DinoToyCollector just posted this production image on social media, saying they should hopefully be ready by the end of the year.

Browsing Wild Past on facebook I have seen that the figures planned for that end of the year will be made of the same plastic as the ones that made the protoceratops with a nest. Polychrome and soft PVC.

DinoToyCollector

• View Profile
    • DinoToyCollector
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2020, 02:35:12 PM »
@Shonisaurus
The figures Tethyshadros + Scutosaurus etc. will be made out of soft plastic, but not as soft as the Protoceratops was ;-)

I just wanted to say that I can't say for sure whether the release will happen this year. The year is coming to an end quickly and Covid-19 still has us under control, including in production  ::)

Shonisaurus

• Old fossil member
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2020, 02:40:50 PM »
@DinoToyCollector Thanks for your answer. Everything you comment is good news. In my case I will wait for what it takes. I have all the time to wait.

Sarapaurolophus

• Chinasaurs are best 'saurs
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Sinosauropteryx
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2020, 02:25:07 PM »
@DinoToyCollector Maybe the longer waiting time will lead to more Shapeways sales ;)
I think (hope) we can all understand how the pandemic is affecting production and just keep practicing patience.

DinoToyCollector

• View Profile
    • DinoToyCollector
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2021, 02:09:39 PM »
As noted in another post, some projects are getting up and running again, especially Wild Past.
After a few experiments we have now found a common way with our factory to optimize the coloring for our figures. Exclusively here I am providing you with a few work in progress pictures. As you can see, the stripes are still missing, but in two weeks at the latest I will be able to show the final product pictures. If I can show the final product pictures, that also means: the figures are almost finished and available pretty soon. There is still a final test for approval in the EU and then everything should go very quickly :)

Sarapaurolophus

• Chinasaurs are best 'saurs
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Sinosauropteryx
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2021, 02:11:18 PM »
So tiny and yet packed with detail! Love them.

Shonisaurus

• Old fossil member
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2021, 03:07:17 PM »
I commissioned Mike from everythingdinosaurus. I sincerely want those tethyshadros in my case. I'm going to be one of the safe buyers. By the way, when are you going to dare to make dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals with a larger size like other companies do? I suppose you don't do them because your company is based on scale figures like trains, which means that Wild Past is a highly scientific company focused on adult collectors as is my case and as was the vintage company of Invicta for putting a For example, or perhaps it is also due to economic aspects, since as the figure is larger, that is, the product increases the economic risks.

Anyway Wild Past is one of my favorite toy dinosaur brands, you remind me of high-end brands of trains and cars for collectors. Thanks, Wild Past!

ceratopsian

• Jurassic survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2021, 03:12:25 PM »
Excellent news. Only last night I was wondering how the Tethyshadros pair was coming along!  They look impressive even without the finishing touches and I shall order from Everything Dinosaur as soon as available.

Mattyonyx

• View Profile
    • Paleo-Nerd
  • Dinosaur: Baryonyx
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2021, 04:25:57 PM »
As noted in another post, some projects are getting up and running again, especially Wild Past.
After a few experiments we have now found a common way with our factory to optimize the coloring for our figures. Exclusively here I am providing you with a few work in progress pictures. As you can see, the stripes are still missing, but in two weeks at the latest I will be able to show the final product pictures. If I can show the final product pictures, that also means: the figures are almost finished and available pretty soon. There is still a final test for approval in the EU and then everything should go very quickly :)

So glad to see new photos of the Italian hadrosaurs! Can I share them on the Paleo-Nerd page?

Sim

• Triassic survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Velociraptor mongoliensis
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2021, 04:55:23 PM »
I'm happy to see progress, I've sometimes wondered how things were going for you @DinoToyCollector.  I'm not interested in the Tethyshadros myself, but I'm eagerly waiting for the Majungasaurus and Plateosaurus!

SidB

• Silurian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2021, 05:05:54 PM »
Love that resting pose!

Halichoeres

• Social media team
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Ichthyologist, illustrator, urbanist
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: There's more to life than theropods
« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2021, 06:04:17 PM »
I'm with @Shonisaurus, a sure buyer. Day 1 purchase for me!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

My trade/sale/wishlist thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3299.0

Sometimes I draw pictures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4856.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

• Ordovician survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Baryonyx walkeri
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2021, 06:32:37 PM »
That looks really good, I will be buying from Everything Dinosaur as soon as possible.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulndadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Halzskaraptor, Caihong

Faelrin

• Reviewer
  • Oligocene survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Velociraptor
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2021, 06:46:46 PM »
I'm very much glad to see paint samples of these. I'm very much looking forward to getting them when released.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702.0

For a list of what formations the Beasts of the Mesozoic raptor and ceratopsian series species (including some possible tyrannosaurids) were found, go here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6906.msg239970#msg239970

DinoToyCollector

• View Profile
    • DinoToyCollector
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2021, 08:31:48 AM »

So glad to see new photos of the Italian hadrosaurs! Can I share them on the Paleo-Nerd page?

@Mattyonyx  If you want to, you can post them, yes :-)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

• Precambrian survivor
  • DinoDadReviews.com
    • View Profile
    • Dino Dad Reviews
  • Dinosaur: Allosaurus
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2021, 03:33:50 AM »

Wonderful to hear! These almost-final-products look wonderful! I can't wait to have my own pair!  :))

Thialfi

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2021, 11:20:53 PM »
Beautiful work! Can't wait for these two to become available!

Sorry to bother you with another question, but: is the scutosaurus still planned? Easily one of my most anticipated figures of 2021.