News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wild Past - New for 2020

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), January 01, 2020, 05:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Even with the differences of the real protoceratops figure with respect to the prototype and although it is a toy figure for me it is ideal and I am an adult collector close to the fifties. I congratulate you for your work. I hope to have it soon on my small shelves in my house. It is a beautiful miniature.

DinoToyCollector

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy  and all the others:

It's quite soft, especially on thin parts, but I preferred this over breaking ;D ... and it's moving back to the previous position

Dinoxels

Okay, though I am a tad worried about warping.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

DinoToyCollector

Warping is an issue that could occure every PVC figure. It shouldn't be a problem for our quadrupedel friend here. The warping is more a problem to bipedal figures which will fall over again and again if there are any changes. I for myself have some figures that have to lean towards something that stabilizes them.
If you're concerning about the warping issue and still want to have a copy of yourself I can offer you to print one Protoceratops in resin and paint it. But this would quintuple the price (this isn't meant to be sarcastic - it's a real offer)

Duna

Is there any option for those who want a larger version? For example to match in scale with the Safari velociraptor? Could you print one for me in PLA and how much it will cost?

DinoToyCollector

Maybe we should use this thread for this kind of stuff http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7671.0 since this one here is about the figures made in PVC ;)
For inquiries like yours, just send me a PM to keep things on topic :) although there is lot of interest in a bigger version.

Avian

This is a great little figure. It would go well with my Favorite Veloiraptor.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Flaffy

Nice! I won't have to worry about my copy of the Protoceratops snapping/breaking then  ;D

Tyto_Theropod

Something I'm a little concerned about the limited quantity versus its being a toy.  I think this would make an ideal play figure but I feel a good deal of them will probably be snapped up by collectors.  I understand that making these things on a small scale isn't easy by any means, so I'm not demanding you up production or anything.  And I'm certainly not saying collectors shouldn't buy them, because obviously that will support the brand!  But just a thought.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Flaffy

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on January 06, 2020, 02:56:28 PM
Something I'm a little concerned about the limited quantity versus its being a toy.  I think this would make an ideal play figure but I feel a good deal of them will probably be snapped up by collectors.
I think there's enough to go around for a first run. If the demand is there, I assume more can be produced in the future.

On another note, I wonder how the Wild Past Protoceratops compares with other miniature versions. E.g. both the Kaiyodo ones, both Safari ltd versions, and the Carnegie one.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on the protoceratops that you are going to market. Those are the PVC toy figures that I like to be manufactured in both large and medium or small size.

Dinoxels

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on January 06, 2020, 11:02:53 AM
Warping is an issue that could occure every PVC figure. It shouldn't be a problem for our quadrupedel friend here. The warping is more a problem to bipedal figures which will fall over again and again if there are any changes. I for myself have some figures that have to lean towards something that stabilizes them.
If you're concerning about the warping issue and still want to have a copy of yourself I can offer you to print one Protoceratops in resin and paint it. But this would quintuple the price (this isn't meant to be sarcastic - it's a real offer)
Oh it's okay, plus I don't have the materials to print one. Worst case scenario I just use hot water/a hair dryer to fix it.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on January 06, 2020, 02:56:28 PM
Something I'm a little concerned about the limited quantity versus its being a toy.  I think this would make an ideal play figure but I feel a good deal of them will probably be snapped up by collectors.  I understand that making these things on a small scale isn't easy by any means, so I'm not demanding you up production or anything.  And I'm certainly not saying collectors shouldn't buy them, because obviously that will support the brand!  But just a thought.

avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod the limited quantity of these figures are completely relating to my own financial ressources. I simply wasn't able to make more of them without getting bankrupt in other parts of my life. If the demand for these figures is surprisingly high then chances are also high I am going to do a second wave of the Protoceratops. But first I have to get rid of all the other small friends laying around here. I did a reservation list once and your name is still upon that list. So you and avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and some others are safe regarding this  ;)

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 06, 2020, 09:23:10 PM
Oh it's okay, plus I don't have the materials to print one. Worst case scenario I just use hot water/a hair dryer to fix it.
avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels I'm glad I could eliminate your concerns about that. Your worst case scenario really should be the worst  :))

Faelrin

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Could I be put on the reservation list for the Protoceratops?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

I'd also like to be put on the reservation list, if possible.

Shonisaurus

I wish you would reserve a protoceratops. I am interested in him.

DinoToyCollector

As avatar_Takama @Takama noticed in the other thread: this figure is available for preorder in the US via Dans Dinosaurs http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/protoceratops-by-wild-past/. If you preorder a figure there, you should be able to obtain a figure without any problems. If you haven't done this then I'll hold back some for ... well, I don't know. Shipping for a single item from Germany costs about 18$, that's why I made the deal with Dan to have lower shipping costs for you  :) The preorder state will last some weeks, so you have time to think about obtaining this figure and placing the order avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin & avatar_Loon @Loon
Of course, buyers across Europe will have better conditions on shipping and pricing. But you'll see this very very soon  ;)

John

It's always good to see new lines turn up like this.I especially hope to see Majungasaurus and Tethyshadros get released. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Loon

Just put my order in with Dan's Dinosaurs, super excited for this figure.

Halichoeres

I've pre-ordered mine from Dan :) I hope these sell well so that we see the rest of them brought to life.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.