News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wild Past - New for 2020

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), January 01, 2020, 05:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector I see. When do you estimate it will be released?

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector I just received the miniature protoceratops with a Wild Pasture nest in perfect condition and very well packed. Thank you!!! It is a complete beauty. I have deposited it between one of my preferred shelves.

I will give you the best grade in the member ratings section of the DTF.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Concavenator on January 26, 2020, 08:51:53 PM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector I see. When do you estimate it will be released?
avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator , I will not give an estimate release date yet. I wanted to release the Protoceratops in June 2019 and we see how this worked out  ::)

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I'm glad you received your Protoceratops! One day earlier than expected  ;) And thank you for your constant support.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I ordered two from Dan's Dinosaurs!
One for myself, and one for my local Paleo Society's Christmas auction next year.  ;D
I can't wait to receive it! Did I see something about a February release in the thread above?

DinoToyCollector

Hello,
I want to bring you some more news on this line in case you haven't found out already:
I am happy to announce that avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur  is stocking the figures of Wild Past!
This is one more serious step into this adventure and I am glad I had the opportunity to meet the people behind this :)

And one more thing: The website for Wild Past is online. If you are interested in this you can reach the site through www.wildpast-studio.de It is still in the building phase but there is a good overview on the figures.

Here is the related Facebook post of Everything Dinosaur:
https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/posts/2966796106687584?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAMfwe-fR18EjVhJDrMVArcHOOVM0IdhAJ7qGbVq6aYHp9mMeOH9F1v1CfhHwtnxrwwGslpa9paKUXP4dsOV3kMyplmZQ4kVKdL4PdDR8LaxAWLTzHHE6P-IizyhVFSyArHDMVWKhinDXhqLGtW3UMK3mjeQ1f_4OzZ8f3ILogMeWXSdvy3TOtncUhSjOydHuHb_f-ni_q3vijqzgXuazwL47GkczH3q9KP5Hlgl8Byp7D7UMBirqN5bPRMyout8fiQTSgJulFrxqYI81NQozJuq7Z_VGx4CAhHJ4Ygvgd5gYE_GFxrBJBZ_TfrG9vKnoIcFvol-5Mc7VEIz56HhtxW8Q&__tn__=-R

Flaffy

Congrats on the collaboration with EverythingDinosaur! Hopefully more people will hear about and support the line.

Sim

Congratulations avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector!  I just wanted to let you know that some parts of the website aren't working right.  The "Learn more!" for the Majungasaurus doesn't work.  Also on the English website, there's a black information box that seems to be about cookies that's in German I'm guessing.

I look forward to seeing more of the Majungasaurus and of other figures you have planned!

GojiraGuy1954

Can you guys do Dicynodonts? I'd definitely buy them
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Sim on February 24, 2020, 06:38:07 PM
Congratulations avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector!  I just wanted to let you know that some parts of the website aren't working right.  The "Learn more!" for the Majungasaurus doesn't work.  Also on the English website, there's a black information box that seems to be about cookies that's in German I'm guessing.
Thank you for these informations! The button for the Majunga is diabled on purpose. You ar right about the Cookie box, it will be changed  :)

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on February 24, 2020, 07:59:19 PM
Can you guys do Dicynodonts? I'd definitely buy them
We first have to release the initial three figures before we can start with new ones. But I write a lot of wishes and guesses down on a list.

Concavenator

It's great that you have finally partnered with Everything Dinosaur, as I'm from Spain, having your figures available on ED is the best option for me.

And your new website is looking great, specially for its start. That Majungasaurus is looking great, but will it be able to stand by its own, or will it have a base?

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Will it do over time prehistoric mammals or other prehistoric animals that are not dinosaurs?
I also ask you the following:

Will you eventually make figures with larger sizes such as Eofauna, Collecta, Safari, Papo, Schleich, Favorite, PNSO to give several examples if sales are successful for you?

Dinoxels

Really cool too see you will be partnering with Everything Dinosaur.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Sim

I've noticed the image below "Figures" includes the very large theropod!  I wonder what it is.  I'm hoping it's not an allosauroid!

Sauroswan

Hi avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector !
Just wanted to thank you so much for this tiny 1:35 scale protoceratops, it'll fit perfectly in my collection! I just reserved one from Everything Dinosaur. Good luck with this one and other upcoming figures. :)

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Concavenator on February 24, 2020, 10:39:43 PM
... That Majungasaurus is looking great, but will it be able to stand by its own, or will it have a base?
Yes!? I will give and show informations on this soon :)

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 24, 2020, 10:44:36 PM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Will it do over time prehistoric mammals or other prehistoric animals that are not dinosaurs
We are open to any prehistoric animal. But for now we have to start with the first 3 figures which are dinosaurs.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 24, 2020, 10:44:36 PM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollectorWill you eventually make figures with larger sizes such as Eofauna, Collecta, Safari, Papo, Schleich, Favorite, PNSO to give several examples if sales are successful for you?
Quote from: Sim on February 25, 2020, 03:20:46 PM
I've noticed the image below "Figures" includes the very large theropod!  I wonder what it is.  I'm hoping it's not an allosauroid!
avatar_Sim @Sim This was a little gimmick I hoped someone would spot, but this matter is on our very own wish list  ;D

Quote from: Sauroswan on February 25, 2020, 07:08:28 PM
Hi avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector !
Just wanted to thank you so much for this tiny 1:35 scale protoceratops, it'll fit perfectly in my collection! I just reserved one from Everything Dinosaur. Good luck with this one and other upcoming figures. :)
Thank you very much  :)

Dino Scream3232

Finally got the Protoceratops in from Dan's dinosaurs. I'm very happy with this tiny but charming model. Love the babies sculpted into the nest (really need to squint). The Kaiyodo Protoceratops works really well as a male. Here my full review on this cool little figure along with some pics. https://youtu.be/_x2sXzm3bGo

Flaffy

I wonder if it's possible to safely remove the black dots over the body and the eyes without damaging the figure.
Would like to attempt touching up the figure myself (e.g. painting pupils), but the thick paint app makes it challenging.

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector any tips?

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Flaffy on March 03, 2020, 06:13:24 AM
I wonder if it's possible to safely remove the black dots over the body and the eyes without damaging the figure.
Would like to attempt touching up the figure myself (e.g. painting pupils), but the thick paint app makes it challenging.

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector any tips?

This paint is pretty "safe". That means it'll be difficult to remove in order to protect children. I can try this on some spare figures I got and will let you know about this  ;)

Edit:
I ran some tests and I can say it's a pretty tough task:

Removing the Dots and black paint is the hardest part.
You can "easily" remove the dark brown paint with nail polish remover. Some of the black paint will also be removed. The light brown is the base colour of the figure.

The red circles are around some dots I tried to remove with a sharp knife. The black paint is sticking to the browns so you'll have some loss of the brown nearby if you only want to remove the dots and pupils.

I guess there is no easy way to remove the black paint. You can try to peel it off with a sharp knife. I noticed you can use this figure as a pencil and "draw" on a paper to remove some paint. I'm sorry but the paint was necessary due to childs safety. It is not meant to be removed.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Martwad

Got my Protoceratops in the mail yesterday.  I must say that I am even more impressed by it, than I am the PNSO Spinosaurus, which I also received yesterday.  Very excited for the next releases, and small improvements which come with experience.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.