News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wild Past - New for 2020

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), January 01, 2020, 05:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Ah I see, thank you for the experiment!
Well in any case, it's nice to see that the paint won't be scuffed easily.  ^-^

Sim

I look forward to an update regarding the Majungasaurus. :)

Faelrin

I thought I'd mention that I finally got my Wild Past Protoceratops. Also sorry I didn't share this here sooner, since I already posted these pics to my instagram yesterday.

Goodness this little one is absolutely precious and adorable though. I took some comparisons with the Mattel Jurassic World mini Postosuchus I acquired recently, the Kaiyodo Ichthyostega and Acanthostega I obtained earlier this year, and the Mattel Jurassic World Protoceratops too (and unintentionally with some of the humans in the background). Later this year I hope to do another one with the massive 1/6 Beasts of the Mesozoic Protoceratops.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sarapaurolophus

Spoiler
[close]

Mini photo session  :)

Shonisaurus

Nice pictures and nice protoceratops from Wild Past. It will be great to see that protoceratops with that of BoTM in the future.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Not that my review will have much new to say for the forum members here, but here's my review of the Protoceratops if anybody's interested! I'm just hoping to spread the word around a little more.

https://dinodadreviews.com/2020/05/01/wild-past-protoceratops-with-nest/

And a pic of various mini raptors that I think go well with it:

DinoToyCollector

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus
As already written: very nice and refreshing review. Thank you for your support.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin & avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus
It is a nice feeling when I see the figures with you. Hold the figure really well, it will never be there again in this form. The light in your pictures is really beautiful Sara!

Even though I don't have much time (despite the virus) to work on Wild Past as intensely as I would like, many things are currently being initiated and clarified in the background for the further procedure. Of course we want to make the upcoming figures even better than the Protoceratops and we have to take a little more time for that. I bet the upcoming news about the figures will please you very much and will certainly reward you for waiting a little longer.

DinoToyCollector

After seeing the Protoceratops in avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres collection thread, I thought it may be a good idea to show the difference in texturing compared to the Tethyshadros. My own biggest complain of the Protoceratops were the visible print lines, which were eliminated for the next figures. It's all a process of learning. There will be soon more pictures as we come closer to the release for the Tethyshadros couple.

ceratopsian

Thanks for posting this. I'm really pleased you have eliminated the pesky print lines. And I'm now even more excited at the prospect of adding Tethyshadros to my collection.

Sim

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, I'm happy you've eliminated the print lines!  Will the Majungasaurus be free of print lines too?  Is it still going to be the next release?  I'm looking forward to the Plateosaurus, and I really hope you'll do a Zanabazar junior for the main Wild Past line!  Troodontids need representation and Zanabazar has never been made before.

Faelrin

I'm really looking forward to that Tethyshadros. Excellent news that you've found a way around the print lines as well. Also, although you've shown it before, I wasn't familiar with that one. Looked it up recently and wow I had no idea how well preserved its remains were, and relatively complete. Nice to see you'll be the first to make a figure of this neglected genus.

I'm also quite looking forward to the Majungasaurus as well. Too few options of that one (well pretty much Vitae, and give or take Mattel's take on it), or at least ones that come close to being accurate.

Edit: To chime in like others have been saying, I was hardly bothered by the print lines on the Protoceratops. I was just glad there was finally a 1:35 scale option for Protoceratops, and quite beautiful too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

For what it's worth, I thought the print lines were a very small deal, but I love that you're giving the products this attention to detail. The textures on the Tethyshadros look incredible--can't wait to have it in my hand. :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

I didnt find the lines on the Protoceratops all too noticeable, but I love the way tethyshrados is looking. The detail is really crisp; better than some larger figures.

John

I'm liking what I can see of the Tethyshadros so far. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

ceratopsian

I was aware the print lines are there but in no way do they spoil my pleasure in my little Protoceratops. I still think it's a great start to the line - just to be clear!

Flaffy

Can't wait to see the Tethyhadros further along in production!

Amazing how there are little to no print lines on the figure.  ;D

So which figure will be released next? I think you've said Majungasaurus in the past, but the various Tethyshadros pictures you've shared make it look closer to production than the Majungasaurus pictures.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Sim on July 19, 2020, 03:52:27 PM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, I'm happy you've eliminated the print lines!  Will the Majungasaurus be free of print lines too?  Is it still going to be the next release?  I'm looking forward to the Plateosaurus, and I really hope you'll do a Zanabazar junior for the main Wild Past line!  Troodontids need representation and Zanabazar has never been made before.

avatar_Sim @Sim Of course! All the following figures will have no signs of print layers :) I know you are ready for the Troodontids and I am intrigued by the Zanabazaar... but it's difficult to do this. I did the mating Velociraptor as a test for myself and I think we can do figures that are more "slender". It's not easy production wise. As I stated it before: We focus on the 3 initial releases before we promise anything else ;-)

Quote from: Loon on July 19, 2020, 08:02:35 PM
I didnt find the lines on the Protoceratops all too noticeable, but I love the way tethyshrados is looking. The detail is really crisp; better than some larger figures.

Thank you! I really appriciate yours and the others comments on the print lines. They are barely visible due to the small size but I wanted to improve this and we did :-D

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 20, 2020, 04:53:53 AM
So which figure will be released next? I think you've said Majungasaurus in the past, but the various Tethyshadros pictures you've shared make it look closer to production than the Majungasaurus pictures.

I am not sure anymore where I answered what question but I replied somewhere that the Majungasaurus will be the last release this year. We had some delay on the Majungasaurus but I think it's worth waiting for it. No, I am not sure about this, I am very convinced of it. So long story short: Yes, the Tethyshadros couple will be the next release.

I attached a picture of the models within the set. It will be a box with the 2 Tethyshadros you see there and a base for the running one (in case it will not stand for itself anymore and it can help to re-calibrate the feet if it warps - the usual PVC figure issues) To add this: the Tethyshadros will be made of a much harder PVC than the Protoceratops.

And here are some progress/failures I had  ::)

I'll provide some better pictures soon.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on July 19, 2020, 10:41:58 AM
After seeing the Protoceratops in avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres collection thread, I thought it may be a good idea to show the difference in texturing compared to the Tethyshadros. My own biggest complain of the Protoceratops were the visible print lines, which were eliminated for the next figures. It's all a process of learning. There will be soon more pictures as we come closer to the release for the Tethyshadros couple.

Awesome to see your progress. The Protoceratops is still very nice but that little hadro is looking fantastic! Very happy to be picking these up once they are out :)

Ooh, this is the first I've heard about the optional base! What a great idea.
I don't mind waiting for the Majungasaurus at all! I'm rather enamored with the tale of Franz Nopcsa, and while Tethyshadros is from a different region, I still love dwarf dinosaurs wherever they are found.  ;D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.