Author Topic: New dinotoyblog entries  (Read 258034 times)

Libraraptor

• Reviewer
  • Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
    • Eitens Welt
  • v.1 status and posts: Global Moderator / 2268 posts
Re: New dinotoyblog entries
« Reply #3600 on: October 18, 2020, 05:55:45 PM »
UKRD Pteranodon:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2020/10/18/pteranodon-ukrd/

I have one, and it is really ugly. But somehow I like it. I am afraid of giving it away, it won't probably find a new owner for it is so ugly ^-^

Stolpergeist

• View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: October 18, 2020, 06:34:35 PM »
Had one as a child too, don't think I have it anymore, at least I can't find it in the attic.
To me this model pretty much confirms my suspicion that U.K.R.D. didn't have much reference to work with and the best they could gather was that one single book with Sibbick illustrations, thus some look great as they are based on that and others look odd, that being the bat wing Pteranodon and the theropod head Dimetrodon, as they were based on inferior reference material.

Stolpergeist

• View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: October 18, 2020, 06:39:59 PM »
@Libraraptor If you want to you can send it to me, I could repaint it as the Pteranodon from Gwangi or might come up with another repaint idea, I guess that way we could trade as I'll send you the Yangchuanosaurus base so or so.

Funk

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Retro segnosaur
« Reply #3603 on: October 18, 2020, 10:24:00 PM »
Yeah, I was wondering about their Dimetrodon too, I have it somewhere, so I'll see if I can review it...

Stolpergeist

• View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: Today at 12:16:44 AM »
Wait, it hasn't been reviewed yet?
I have one too in quite good condition, though I won't be at my place until next week.
Let's see which one has less paint wear.
That's not to say that I would do the review, I can leave that to you but if you want to I can provide photos of mine.

Funk

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Retro segnosaur
« Reply #3605 on: Today at 04:43:38 AM »
Hehe, we can exchange photos when we find them! I think most of the UKRD toys need reviews, actually, I have a bunch lying around that are not on the blog yet.