News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Does anyone know the manufacturer of these? I have them since mid 90's at least. They were the first dinos in my collection. When I started collecting I rescued them from my toy box, back in 2001 or so. From the wear on them you can see they were well played with and I am quite fond of them. I have seen copies of these (that look way cheaper) being sold in other colors, sometimes as glow in the dark plastic. But I never found out what company made these originally.

I suspected they could be Toy Major, but have not found proof of that yet. No markings on them, not even the name of the dino.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Ikessauro on July 05, 2020, 01:49:26 AM
Does anyone know the manufacturer of these? I have them since mid 90's at least. They were the first dinos in my collection. When I started collecting I rescued them from my toy box, back in 2001 or so. From the wear on them you can see they were well played with and I am quite fond of them. I have seen copies of these (that look way cheaper) being sold in other colors, sometimes as glow in the dark plastic. But I never found out what company made these originally.

I suspected they could be Toy Major, but have not found proof of that yet. No markings on them, not even the name of the dino.

Nostalgia intensifies

Libraraptor

Now and then I stumble upon these in lots.  To me they are bycatch and probably cheapasaurs.

brontosauruschuck

Curious if anyone knows anything about these two.

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: Ikessauro on July 05, 2020, 01:49:26 AM

I got that Triceratops from a bucket o' dinos thing I bought a couple of years ago. Let me see if I can find it.

Dinoxels

B @brontosauruschuck That black and white herbivore is the Wild Republic Iguanodon.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

PlesiosaurusNessy

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro: The black Parasaurolophus with cream dots were often sold in a dino toy box from the coffee company "Tchibo" here in Germany/Europe,where I live.
                    I own this Parasaurolophus,too and he is found very often in cheapasaurus lots in ebay Germany!

The blue metallic Triceratops I own, too and he is found in dino toy lots in Germany very often,too.
The brown dino with black back is a no name cheapasaurus Dilophosaurus, him I own not, but I own a lot of such no name Dilophosaurus` in other sizes and colours,
but not in this brown variant!

You are producing great dino toy videos!

Greetings from Germany to Brazil/South America and take care of coronavirus in your country,stay safe and at home!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Ikessauro

Quote from: PlesiosaurusNessy on July 05, 2020, 01:26:54 PM
avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro: The black Parasaurolophus with cream dots were often sold in a dino toy box from the coffee company "Tchibo" here in Germany/Europe,where I live.
                    I own this Parasaurolophus,too and he is found very often in cheapasaurus lots in ebay Germany!

The blue metallic Triceratops I own, too and he is found in dino toy lots in Germany very often,too.
The brown dino with black back is a no name cheapasaurus Dilophosaurus, him I own not, but I own a lot of such no name Dilophosaurus` in other sizes and colours,
but not in this brown variant!

You are producing great dino toy videos!

Greetings from Germany to Brazil/South America and take care of coronavirus in your country,stay safe and at home!

Thanks, any help is appreciated. I am sure taking care down here, I almost never go out and only do when absolutely necessary. We all have to stay home and help control this thing. Too bad not everyone in my country thinks like this and trusts science and listen to doctors as much I do :/ 

sauroid

can anyone id this compsognathid/ornithomimid (im not sure which group it belongs by its appearance), brand and other details/infos.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: sauroid on July 03, 2020, 03:21:03 PM
does anyone have any infos about this retro-ish ugly rex? there's a mark on the belly "UISC 1998". it is solid and heavy.

That's a Jurassic Park figure that was sold in the Universal park.

Invicta Hunter

Does anyone know what set this protoceratops came from? It's about 4 inches long and is made from some bronze like metal. It reminds me of the Alva dinosaurs but i don't think it is but maybe it's another museum figure from around that time.
Metal Proto by J H, on Flickr]

Lanthanotus

Libraraptor

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on July 16, 2020, 06:57:30 PM
Does anyone know what set this protoceratops came from? It's about 4 inches long and is made from some bronze like metal. It reminds me of the Alva dinosaurs but i don't think it is but maybe it's another museum figure from around that time.
Metal Proto by J H, on Flickr]

Reminded me of SRG, but they didnĀ“t make a Protoceratops...

As to the T.rex, I only say: "Furaffic Fark"  ^-^ ^-^

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EmmaLVV

Now, is that Invicta Baryonyx a rare colour, or is it just massively sun-bleached or something? ???

Libraraptor

Quote from: EmmaLVV on July 26, 2020, 10:23:33 AM
Now, is that Invicta Baryonyx a rare colour, or is it just massively sun-bleached or something? ???

The feet seem to be in the normal original green. The towel covers the front foot so one doesn't know if the fish is still with it. Strange.

EmmaLVV

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 26, 2020, 11:46:10 AM

The feet seem to be in the normal original green. The towel covers the front foot so one doesn't know if the fish is still with it. Strange.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DINOSAURS-Invicta-Others-Sauropods-Stegasaur-Iguanodon-Muttaburrasaurus/203025172756

Looks like the fish is gone.  :o

sauroid

S @Stolpergeist oh wow thanks! i almost forgot i had that thing in my collection. :D

Loon

I recently got this Oviraptorosaur egg figure (left) off eBay. It seems that there's a bit of confusion between this and the Baby Louie (Beibeilong) produced for the Indianapolis Children's Museum.

There are also some markings on the back, including this signature and date carved into the shell.

If anyone has any info on this thing, I'd really appreciate it.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.