Author Topic: The Identification thread  (Read 253225 times)

CityRaptor

• Holocene survivor
  • Ornithoscelidaphobia!
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Troodon
  • v.1 status and posts: A silent watcher...
Re: The Identification thread
« Reply #2280 on: June 28, 2020, 01:18:15 AM »
Well, you asked who would spend their money on you.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Stegotyranno

• Cambrian survivor
  • Dark Humor is like food, Not everyone gets it
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Dinosaur: Stegosaurs/T rex/Spinosaurus/Rajasaurus/ and Giganotosaurus
« Reply #2281 on: June 28, 2020, 01:38:12 AM »
No @CityRaptor  sir, i dont understand what you are trying to say. But  when i said who would spend money on someone they bareley know, it was like a statement as a question. I meant " Why try, nobody would waste their earnings on some kid who wants a figure for his collection he cant afford". Its okay my raptorial friend, or anyone in general, im not forcing anyone to spend money on me, i was just reply to a fellow forumite @EmmaLVV  awnser, which although seems nice, does not make sense in the real world.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 01:38:34 AM by Stegotyranno »

I'll be back in October. If im not here yet, assume something terrible happen to me
@PlesiosaurusNessy if you are reading this and you got informaton about the papo spinosaurus, please email me

Libraraptor

• Global Moderator
  • Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
    • Eitens Welt
  • v.1 status and posts: Global Moderator / 2268 posts
« Reply #2282 on: June 28, 2020, 05:45:18 AM »
Sometimes I give figures away within this community.  And sometimes I actually was given figures by members of this community. That happens.

Stegotyranno

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2283 on: June 28, 2020, 06:16:45 AM »
Sometimes I give figures away within this community.  And sometimes I actually was given figures by members of this community. That happens.
is there somekind of thread

I'll be back in October. If im not here yet, assume something terrible happen to me
@PlesiosaurusNessy if you are reading this and you got informaton about the papo spinosaurus, please email me

Libraraptor

• Global Moderator
  • Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
    • Eitens Welt
« Reply #2284 on: June 28, 2020, 02:25:51 PM »
is there somekind of thread

No. The figures came as additional pieces in trades and so did I.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 02:26:58 PM by Libraraptor »

CityRaptor

• Holocene survivor
  • Ornithoscelidaphobia!
    • View Profile
  • v.1 status and posts: A silent watcher...
« Reply #2285 on: June 28, 2020, 07:01:03 PM »
So basically the same thing I do sometimes. Just trading instead of selling.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

• Social media team
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Ichthyologist, illustrator, urbanist
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Brembodus
« Reply #2286 on: June 28, 2020, 08:03:28 PM »

Thought these looked cute, but unsure of the make. Can anyone here help?

Those have been sold in the States under the name Animal Planet, so I think they're from one of the big Chinese factories like Gosnell or Wing Crown.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

My trade/sale/wishlist thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3299.0

Sometimes I draw pictures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4856.0

sauroid

• Cretaceous survivor
    • View Profile
  • v.1 status and posts: i don't remember
« Reply #2287 on: July 03, 2020, 03:21:03 PM »
does anyone have any infos about this retro-ish ugly rex? there's a mark on the belly "UISC 1998". it is solid and heavy.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Stegotyranno

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2288 on: July 03, 2020, 03:43:05 PM »
does anyone have any infos about this retro-ish ugly rex? there's a mark on the belly "UISC 1998". it is solid and heavy.

I believe this came from a japanese company although im not sure

Ikessauro

• Cambrian survivor
  • Visit my new Channel in English
    • View Profile
    • I Collect Dinosaurs
  • Dinosaur: Dilophosaurus
  • v.1 status and posts: Ultimate Member - 741 posts
« Reply #2289 on: July 05, 2020, 01:49:26 AM »
Does anyone know the manufacturer of these? I have them since mid 90's at least. They were the first dinos in my collection. When I started collecting I rescued them from my toy box, back in 2001 or so. From the wear on them you can see they were well played with and I am quite fond of them. I have seen copies of these (that look way cheaper) being sold in other colors, sometimes as glow in the dark plastic. But I never found out what company made these originally.

I suspected they could be Toy Major, but have not found proof of that yet. No markings on them, not even the name of the dino.
Wanna sell yours? Let me know your price.

Stegotyranno

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2290 on: July 05, 2020, 02:31:21 AM »
Does anyone know the manufacturer of these? I have them since mid 90's at least. They were the first dinos in my collection. When I started collecting I rescued them from my toy box, back in 2001 or so. From the wear on them you can see they were well played with and I am quite fond of them. I have seen copies of these (that look way cheaper) being sold in other colors, sometimes as glow in the dark plastic. But I never found out what company made these originally.

I suspected they could be Toy Major, but have not found proof of that yet. No markings on them, not even the name of the dino.

Nostalgia intensifies

Libraraptor

• Global Moderator
  • Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
    • Eitens Welt
« Reply #2291 on: July 05, 2020, 06:21:59 AM »
Now and then I stumble upon these in lots.  To me they are bycatch and probably cheapasaurs.

brontosauruschuck

• View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: July 05, 2020, 07:45:21 AM »
Curious if anyone knows anything about these two.

brontosauruschuck

• View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: July 05, 2020, 07:47:41 AM »

I got that Triceratops from a bucket o' dinos thing I bought a couple of years ago. Let me see if I can find it.

Dinoxels

• View Profile
    • The Dinoxels Youtube Channel
  • Dinosaur: Appalachiosaurus
« Reply #2294 on: July 05, 2020, 11:59:58 AM »
@brontosauruschuck That black and white herbivore is the Wild Republic Iguanodon.
"The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around," ~ Dr. Serizawa, 2014.

PlesiosaurusNessy

• Silurian Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Brontosaurus
« Reply #2295 on: July 05, 2020, 01:26:54 PM »
@Ikessauro: The black Parasaurolophus with cream dots were often sold in a dino toy box from the coffee company "Tchibo" here in Germany/Europe,where I live.
                    I own this Parasaurolophus,too and he is found very often in cheapasaurus lots in ebay Germany!

The blue metallic Triceratops I own, too and he is found in dino toy lots in Germany very often,too.
The brown dino with black back is a no name cheapasaurus Dilophosaurus, him I own not, but I own a lot of such no name Dilophosaurus` in other sizes and colours,
but not in this brown variant!

You are producing great dino toy videos!

Greetings from Germany to Brazil/South America and take care of coronavirus in your country,stay safe and at home!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Ikessauro

• Cambrian survivor
  • Visit my new Channel in English
    • View Profile
    • I Collect Dinosaurs
  • Dinosaur: Dilophosaurus
  • v.1 status and posts: Ultimate Member - 741 posts
« Reply #2296 on: July 05, 2020, 06:53:23 PM »
@Ikessauro: The black Parasaurolophus with cream dots were often sold in a dino toy box from the coffee company "Tchibo" here in Germany/Europe,where I live.
                    I own this Parasaurolophus,too and he is found very often in cheapasaurus lots in ebay Germany!

The blue metallic Triceratops I own, too and he is found in dino toy lots in Germany very often,too.
The brown dino with black back is a no name cheapasaurus Dilophosaurus, him I own not, but I own a lot of such no name Dilophosaurus` in other sizes and colours,
but not in this brown variant!

You are producing great dino toy videos!

Greetings from Germany to Brazil/South America and take care of coronavirus in your country,stay safe and at home!

Thanks, any help is appreciated. I am sure taking care down here, I almost never go out and only do when absolutely necessary. We all have to stay home and help control this thing. Too bad not everyone in my country thinks like this and trusts science and listen to doctors as much I do :/ 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 08:43:12 PM by Ikessauro »
Wanna sell yours? Let me know your price.

sauroid

• Cretaceous survivor
    • View Profile
  • v.1 status and posts: i don't remember
« Reply #2297 on: July 07, 2020, 08:32:30 AM »
can anyone id this compsognathid/ornithomimid (im not sure which group it belongs by its appearance), brand and other details/infos.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Invicta Hunter

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Parasaurolophus
« Reply #2298 on: July 16, 2020, 06:53:14 PM »

That's a Jurassic Park figure that was sold in the Universal park.

Invicta Hunter

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Parasaurolophus
« Reply #2299 on: July 16, 2020, 06:57:30 PM »
Does anyone know what set this protoceratops came from? It's about 4 inches long and is made from some bronze like metal. It reminds me of the Alva dinosaurs but i don't think it is but maybe it's another museum figure from around that time.
Metal Proto by J H, on Flickr]