News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Ostafrikasaurus

Does anyone know the series and manufacturer for the Parasaurolophus and Iguanodon shown in the below photographs? (not my pics, but I have both of them somewhere). Searching "DTD dinosaurs" and the like isn't pulling anything up for me. If I remember correctly, these figures were made around 1994-1995.

"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: UK on September 17, 2020, 06:52:50 PM
Over to the collective knowledge of the forum. Can anyone provide some information on the postosuchus and the colourful baryonyx?

Wow, what Tyrannosaurus model is that? I love the golden-black paint job!

CityRaptor

That would be the Kaiyodo Sofubi Toy Box Tyrannosaurus. Well, one variant of it anways. I think there are 3.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 26, 2020, 01:15:27 AM
That would be the Kaiyodo Sofubi Toy Box Tyrannosaurus. Well, one variant of it anways. I think there are 3.

Ah, thanks for the information! :) It's a really nice figure.

Halichoeres

Quote from: UK on September 17, 2020, 08:11:27 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on September 17, 2020, 07:00:31 PM
Lontic.

https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3461/discover-lost-world-dinosaurs?page=1

Thank you

For what it's worth, I don't think Lontic distributes those anymore. So if you're ever looking for more you might have more luck with the name "Happy Kin."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ross

Hi, does anyone knows what model is this toy and the brand, it is from 2000 or 2001 i can't recall exactly. (it is 14 inches aprox.)

Ross

Quote from: Stolpergeist on September 27, 2020, 02:54:31 AM
R @Ross This is the Dinosaur Toy Forum, not the Kaiju Toy Forum but what you got there is the Trendmasters Living Godzilla 98.

Thanks!!

RobinGoodfellow

Any info about this figure ?
It doesn't seem to be a simple knock-off..

PhilSauria

Mystery to me. Seems to be one of those random unbranded figures that turn up on Ali Express from time to time, like the Dracorex recently.

I have one of these Kronosaurs on the way to me at the moment, though not the striped one, a more plain coloured version. Nice sculpt. Always ready to add another marine reptile to the collection.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on October 02, 2020, 10:19:03 AM
Mystery to me. Seems to be one of those random unbranded figures that turn up on Ali Express from time to time, like the Dracorex recently.

I have one of these Kronosaurs on the way to me at the moment, though not the striped one, a more plain coloured version. Nice sculpt. Always ready to add another marine reptile to the collection.

..mine is on the way too.. time will tell  :)

Halichoeres

I don't know, to me that looks like they cast CollectA's Kronosaurus, added a little extraneous texture, repositioned the fins, and gave it stripes.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 02, 2020, 04:29:25 PM
I don't know, to me that looks like they cast CollectA's Kronosaurus, added a little extraneous texture, repositioned the fins, and gave it stripes.

I was thinking the same but CollectA' head bends on the left while this one' head is on the right side.
Even proportions seem to be different.

-

Shonisaurus

Where can you buy that figure? Has anyone a link?

BlueKrono

It's as much a complete resculpt as anything. You can see in the curvature of the jaw and the points where the flippers meet the body.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria Thanks for the link! They are very beautiful figures!

Halichoeres

Yeah, fair enough. More of a heavily-inspired-by-CollectA figure than a direct recast.

Ostafrikasaurus

Does anybody recognize this Iguanodon figure? I came across it as part of a lot listing on ebay UK. I really like the old-style sculpt of this figure. The link to the actual listing is as follows: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dinosaur-Toys-Books-Glove-Puppet-Bundle-30-Dinosaurs/293774267922?hash=item44664f9612:g:nREAAOSwmC9fgFtI

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.