News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metallisuchus

Quote from: SBell on April 24, 2012, 04:01:20 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on April 24, 2012, 03:39:19 AM
Does anybody know anything about that Spinosaurus in the banner? I've never seen it before.

It's the 2012 Bullyland Spinosaurus. It hasn't been released yet, that I am aware of.

Thanks!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on April 24, 2012, 02:44:01 PM
Quote from: Pixelboy on April 24, 2012, 09:37:10 AM
I've had a look at mine, and it is indeed a rather overlarge keychain, or, at least, it has a keyring attached to it. The stamp on the bottom says "Equity Toys", whoever they are/were.
my figure doesnt have a keyring attached to it. (nor does it glow in the dark). yes, the stamp on the belly says "Equity Toys tm & c 1997 U.C.S. & Amblin made in china"

I have one as well..it was released as a keychain and glow bones piece..and I guess as a regular figure.  They released a LOT of these little guys..I have the Rex and he was also made into a cake topper. The Triceratops they made was also turned in a large detailed rubber eraser..lol

thelordsgym

Hey Sean,
Yeah it has been released....I have had mine for about 2 weeks and it is quite decent, but the open and close feature of the jaw is like the Gigantosaurus, not nearly as well done as the Papo's. It can be found at DeJankins right now  ;D
Does anybody know anything about that Spinosaurus in the banner? I've never seen it before.

It's the 2012 Bullyland Spinosaurus. It hasn't been released yet, that I am aware of.

SBell

Quote from: thelordsgym on April 29, 2012, 11:10:36 AM
Hey Sean,
Yeah it has been released....I have had mine for about 2 weeks and it is quite decent, but the open and close feature of the jaw is like the Gigantosaurus, not nearly as well done as the Papo's. It can be found at DeJankins right now  ;D

Then it really just demonstrates how bad Bullyland is at getting the word out about themselves. Everyone knows when Papo, Safari, CollectA and Schleich are available.

thelordsgym

Agreed.....I was very surprised that he actually had it already with no heads up....

Quote from: SBell on April 29, 2012, 05:45:43 PM
Hey Sean,

Then it really just demonstrates how bad Bullyland is at getting the word out about themselves. Everyone knows when Papo, Safari, CollectA and Schleich are available.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stemturtle on April 21, 2012, 06:05:19 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 21, 2012, 05:16:58 PM

I think I know who that is..he was interviewed a little for the Dinosaur Shows with Eric and Gary and had some cassettes put out called Dinosaur Talks right ? His wife has some awesome talent..I can't really paint well at all..heh

I am not familiar with the Dinosaur Talks.  Edwin Colbert served as curator of Vertebrate Paleontology at the American Museum of Natural History.  He wrote many paleo books, and Margaret illustrated them. He died in 2001 at age 96, and she died in 2007 at age 95.  Digging fossils must be healthy work.

Here's a pic of the cover :

Don Glut's Fossil Records apparently did a cassette talking with him and couple other paleontologists.

Don also has a nice Colbert library : http://donglutsdinosaurs.com/my-edwin-h-colbert-library/

I'm sorry to say I don't own any of them. :/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hey Sean,

Why not post a couple pics of it in the 2012 figures section ? ;D

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 02, 2012, 10:17:53 PM
Anyone got more Info on these?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/AUSTRALIA-DINOSAUR-COLLECTION-GIFT-PACK-of-5-REPLICAS-/160660421217?pt=AU_AnimalCollectables&hash=item25681b7a61

I have them.  Small, decent figures (Serendipacertaops may not be a ceratopsian, but they thought it was). About the size of a Dinotale or Safari toob figure. THey are made by Discover Science, a company that specializes in animals form Australia and New Zealand.

For those in North America, you can find them at TGF Toys http://www.tgftoys.com/Australian-Dinosaurs-Set-A78285.htm

Basic price is a little higher, but I bet shipping is less!

CityRaptor

Oh no

Primeval12

I have the leaellynasaura, you know what's cool, if you hold a flashlight against it lights up (no, it's not supposed to do that but it's cool)

Seijun

Looking for an ID on this one:

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

^ That is most definitely a Waiphoon. Where'd you get it? I want one!! XDD

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Seijun on May 12, 2012, 08:48:16 AM
Looking for an ID on this one:

I don't know, but it looks like a leper, haha.

Seijun

Thanks guys. It's not mine though.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

brach81

Hi guys, who made these dinosaurs?  Picked them up as a kid in the 80s, all 3 came with a small dinosaur book which I have sadly lost :(

CityRaptor

Those are made by several companies. Still today. They are however based on molds by MARX.
Oh no

brach81

Thanks for the info CityRaptor.  I had a feeling they were MARX molds (googling earlier) but wanted to double check.

DinoToyForum

Any idea who made this unmarked statue? It is made of plastic. And hollow. (The holder is not a part of the statue, its just standing behind it)

Metallisuchus

Any "Big Bang Theory" viewers here? Well, there's a Tyrannosaur figure in the background in Sheldon & Leonard's apartment. Can anybody identify which brand it is?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.