News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metallisuchus

Thanks! I think I may have to add that to my list.

Takama

CityRaptor

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
In the same vain, if you want realistic prehistoric mammals, you will have to deal with genitals. This reminds me of a woman I saw in the shop at Münchehagen. She picked up an Entelodont, looked at it from the underside, made a shocked sound and then put it back very fast. :))

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 15, 2012, 02:26:58 PM
QuoteThanks for the help!
Is it any good?
As chinasaurs go, yes, it's very good.

Doesn't hold a candle to the real Battat, but a nice alternative if you can't get ahold of the Battat  :)

Thanks again, for the Info!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Seijun

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 22, 2012, 10:54:14 AM
You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
In the same vain, if you want realistic prehistoric mammals, you will have to deal with genitals. This reminds me of a woman I saw in the shop at Münchehagen. She picked up an Entelodont, looked at it from the underside, made a shocked sound and then put it back very fast. :))

People are funny. I guess they have never had a pet or have never pulled down their own pants before.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

CityRaptor

Presumbly they expect "Barbie Doll Anatomy". Or would that be "My Little Pony Anatomy" in that case? Good thing that that issue only exists with mammals ( other than monotremes )...
Oh no

tyrantqueen

QuoteYou can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
In the same vain, if you want realistic prehistoric mammals, you will have to deal with genitals. This reminds me of a woman I saw in the shop at Münchehagen. She picked up an Entelodont, looked at it from the underside, made a shocked sound and then put it back very fast.
This is the reason why I prefer to collect dinosaurs and reptilians over mammals :P I prefer my animals to be without genitalia- shoot me, but that is my preference. If there is going to be genitals, at least make it non graphic and tasteful.  Something like a raised bump where its private parts are supposed to be.

CityRaptor

Understandable. It is also one of the reasons why I don't collect mammals. Aside from lack of interest, space, etc.
Oh no

Primeval12

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 23, 2012, 04:25:19 AM
QuoteYou can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
In the same vain, if you want realistic prehistoric mammals, you will have to deal with genitals. This reminds me of a woman I saw in the shop at Münchehagen. She picked up an Entelodont, looked at it from the underside, made a shocked sound and then put it back very fast.
This is the reason why I prefer to collect dinosaurs and reptilians over mammals :P I prefer my animals to be without genitalia- shoot me, but that is my preference. If there is going to be genitals, at least make it non graphic and tasteful.  Something like a raised bump where its private parts are supposed to be.

I have a selution

Step one:Cut out a rectangular piece of cardboard or paper.
Step 2: Paint it black and in white letters write CENSORED on it.
Step 3: Place it next to the genitals of the figure.
(Warning: this is just me being funny and should NOT be taken seriously :) )

CityRaptor

Censoring nature? :)) I suggest a scenery censor instead, with an object covering said parts. 

Back to topic.
Anyone knows anything about that purple Stegosaurus here:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Dinos-verschiedene-top-/180913774913?pt=DE_Spielzeug_Action_Spielfiguren&hash=item2a1f4d2141
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 24, 2012, 12:51:22 PM
Censoring nature? :)) I suggest a scenery censor instead, with an object covering said parts. 

Back to topic.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Dinos-verschiedene-top-/180913774913?pt=DE_Spielzeug_Action_Spielfiguren&hash=item2a1f4d2141
Dinosaur King I think.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Takama on June 22, 2012, 06:37:33 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 21, 2012, 04:48:20 PM

Are you sure :P

Well at least it's not excited, haha.

Tyrant, tasteful genitals?

CityRaptor

Maybe we should make a separate thread for that....

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 24, 2012, 05:27:50 PM
Dinosaur King I think.

That is what I thought aswell, but the plates seem a bit small for a Dinosaur King Stego.
Oh no

Takama

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 24, 2012, 12:51:22 PM

Back to topic.

Thats the Jasmen Stegosaur. 

I have one of them in grey

Aram-Rex

Hey there everyone. I have a question. Is there a way that I can give suggestions to companies like Papo or Safari Ltd?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 24, 2012, 05:47:05 PM
Quote from: Takama on June 22, 2012, 06:37:33 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 21, 2012, 04:48:20 PM

Are you sure :P

Well at least it's not excited, haha.

Tyrant, tasteful genitals?
....I'll pass thanks  :P

QuoteHey there everyone. I have a question. Is there a way that I can give suggestions to companies like Papo or Safari Ltd?
Some companies are more open to suggestions than others it seems. CollectA and Safari have been known to listen to their fans to a certain extent. I have heard that people have contacted them via their Facebook. Anthony Beeson responded to the controversy generated by the Mapusaurus resculpt.

As for Papo, they are a French company so I don't know how successful that would be. I don't know if anyone has ever tried to contact Bullyland or Schleich. Maybe it's a language barrier thing?

sauroid

Mojo also listens to their followers, mostly regarding extant animals, but i heard they are releasing prehistoric mammals because the fans requested them. (i just hope they improve their dinosaurs/prehistoric reptiles)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Aram-Rex

Well I have entered Papo's website and there's no suggestion forum their. Well then. Can anyone give me some links where I can make suggestions. Would be great, thanks  :)

Metallisuchus

Mojo is probably the most opinion-conscious of the major brands. I believe they are new, so they're relying on collector feedback to really set up a good foundation in this market.

As many of you know, there's another forum just like this one (though it focuses more on extant models) who had the chance to handpick the Mojo 2012 kick-off piece, which ended up being by popular vote - the sable antelope.

sauroid

can anyone ID these figures? they look like Chinasaurs but im not sure, they are fugly but the Dilophosaurus and Carnotaurus are sorta neat.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on June 26, 2012, 08:01:36 AM
can anyone ID these figures? they look like Chinasaurs but im not sure, they are fugly but the Dilophosaurus and Carnotaurus are sorta neat.

Those are all Jasman Dinosaurs.

great figures in my opinon.

I have the Stego and Dilophosaurus

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.