News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. - New for 2020

Started by ITdactyl, January 06, 2020, 10:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Here are the painted prototypes.

Below are the teasers shared since January 2020.

QuoteIn 2020, new models will appear from the vinyl model series and the soft model series, which have become synonymous with the Favorite figures. Also, a new category has started! The website will be renewed, so please look forward to next year.

Well, everyone, please have a good year.

Shonisaurus

They look like prototypes. What I would like to know if they are going to be miniatures or dinosaurs in large size, what is certain is that Favorite gives the impression that it will produce mass dinosaurs.

Avian

I'd be interested In the Carnotaurus, the sauropod, and the Shantungosaurus (?). I already have several Favorite figures and they are all great.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Flaffy

So (my speculations) Maiasaura, Pachycephalosaurus, Carnotaurus with funky horns.

So far so good. The Maia is definitely on the thin side, but if the rest of the anatomy is spot on, I might just have to get it. Especially since the last good one is the retired Carnegie version.
The Pachycephalosaurus design reminds me of the one that appears in Saurian (game). Especially with it's lack of traditional "cheeks", instead opting for a more reptilian facial integument. Interested to see how it stacks up to Doug's fantastic piece.
Something is off about that Carno. I can't place my finger on what exactly, but it doesn't really look too appealing. Hopefully more shots will make the figure look better.

Any guesses to what the Tyrannosaur and sauropod is? I mean, it's a main line Favorite Co. figure so it'll probably end up being the most interesting dinosaur in the world that no one has ever made a figure of --- a Tyrannosaurus. But with how gracile it is, makes me think that it could potentially be something else. Tarbosaurus remake anyone?  ;)

The sauropod looks like a member from Diplodocinae. If it's a diplodocus, personally hoping it's D. hallorum instead of D. carnegii. Though absolutely I wouldn't mind if it was something more obscure.

Avian

The hadrosaur is similar to some reconstructions of Anatotitan I have seen. But yes, the Carno's horns are off. Or it could be its face is too long and narrow for an abelisaurid.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Shonisaurus

I would have liked a large-sized Japanese dinosaur, for example, fukuititan and fukuivenator for two examples.

Sim

Wow, this is very exciting!  I'm hoping I'll like the Carnotaurus enough to want to have it.  I wonder what the theropod next to the Carnotaurus is?  Not another T. rex I hope.  As for the other three, I'm going to guess they are Pachycephalosaurus, Iguanodon and Apatosaurus or Brontosaurus.

Mirroraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 06, 2020, 02:38:26 PM
I would have liked a large-sized Japanese dinosaur, for example, fukuititan and fukuivenator for two examples.
Actually, there are already a model of Fukuivenator by Favorite:

And the skull:

And also Fukuititan:

ITdactyl

avatar_Mirroraptor @Mirroraptor , I think Shonisaurus meant wanting non mini versions of those 2 dinosaurs.

There seems to be several guesses as to what the foreground ornithopod is.  I was thinking Iguanodon.

On a sidenote, somehow I have a feeling we've seen these figures years ago - and they're just now being turned into mass production 'toys'.  They have a very gaunt, Paulian, early 2000's feel.

I am excited for the sauropod though - a nice replacement for the Eeyore Apatosaurus.

Mirroraptor

Quote from: ITdactyl on January 07, 2020, 08:04:34 AM
avatar_Mirroraptor @Mirroraptor , I think Shonisaurus meant wanting non mini versions of those 2 dinosaurs.

There seems to be several guesses as to what the foreground ornithopod is.  I was thinking Iguanodon.

On a sidenote, somehow I have a feeling we've seen these figures years ago - and they're just now being turned into mass production 'toys'.  They have a very gaunt, Paulian, early 2000's feel.

I am excited for the sauropod though - a nice replacement for the Eeyore Apatosaurus.

All right.  By convention, Favorite will release another batch of new products when special exhibitions are held in major museums in the summer.

SidB

Thanks for this update - look forward to the release of these prospective figures.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Mirroraptor on January 07, 2020, 08:07:06 AM

All right.  By convention, Favorite will release another batch of new products when special exhibitions are held in major museums in the summer.

Exactly, that is what I was referring to. I would like a fukuititan the size of the tambatitanis and a fukuivenator the size of his velociraptor feathered to give two examples. (it's just a wish).

Fortunately, the "minis" figures of the fukuivenator and fukuititan have them already in my collection.

Daspletodave

Looks like these are the regular size soft models, with detachable bases. My guess is Apatosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Carnotaurus, and Iguanodon. Another great year for Favorite!

Shonisaurus

By the way the horns of the carnotaurus are curved, they look like the war horns of a samurai helmet (they would honor the Japanese brand) makes the carnotaurus a very interesting figure at first sight if my impressions are confirmed.

SidB

Quote from: Daspletodave on January 07, 2020, 04:20:57 PM
Looks like these are the regular size soft models, with detachable bases. My guess is Apatosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Carnotaurus, and Iguanodon. Another great year for Favorite!
Looking at the way the Pachy's base is askew from the feet sure implies that it is detachable.

Shonisaurus

It seems that pachycephalosaurus, carnotaurus and tyrannosauroid have articulated jaws. Is it an imagination of mine? If one is fixed in the photograph, the jaws of these three prehistoric animals do not seem to be a unique piece, especially the pachycephalosaurus jaw.

SidB

Hoping that these are not Museum exclusives, but available for more general sale and distribution.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on January 07, 2020, 07:10:28 PM

Hoping that these are not Museum exclusives, but available for more general sale and distribution.

You can always order Brett in my case through the eBay global shipping program. It is the only solution to avoid tax and tariff rates.

SidB

Shonisaurus

S @SidB I am doing "war economy" maybe for a long time I don't buy. I commissioned the Nanmu spinosaurus (God knows if they will require me tariff rates although I am sure that unfortunately it will be like that) and on the other hand the Schleich dinosaurs (I bought four figures that I will analyze in my written collection as I promised) and I think that I will not spend much for economic and savings reasons. Life in my nation is going to get very expensive I'm afraid.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.