News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

What are you still waiting on the definitive version of?

Started by Ravonium, January 12, 2020, 07:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

I guess now I'm back to wait for an updated Dilophosaurus! I'm really fond of the tiny Safari 2020 one, one of the few I guess who loves it, but since the very recent studies differ from that interpretation, I would take a new one. Maybe CollectA will make one soon but I worry it would be a deluxe one and I don't want a Safari Tyrannosaurus-sized Dilo  :-\

Also I'm still waiting for a Placerias and Postosuchus, the iconic WwD Triassic duo.

ceratopsian

I'm with you on the need for a Placerias!

And I quite like the little Safari Dilopho.

Quote from: Jose S.M. on August 20, 2020, 05:50:27 PM
I guess now I'm back to wait for an updated Dilophosaurus! I'm really fond of the tiny Safari 2020 one, one of the few I guess who loves it, but since the very recent studies differ from that interpretation, I would take a new one. Maybe CollectA will make one soon but I worry it would be a deluxe one and I don't want a Safari Tyrannosaurus-sized Dilo  :-\

Also I'm still waiting for a Placerias and Postosuchus, the iconic WwD Triassic duo.

Tyto_Theropod

Nobody is ever going to speak to me again, but I'm still waiting for THE Parasaurolophus.  I know there's the Safari one, but for whatever reason it just doesn't do I for me.  And I really like the Battat Terra, but it's quite outdated now.  I'd love to see a smallish, affordable figure with a bit more bulk to it.  Mind you, I feel the same about pretty much any fancy Lambeosaurine - a clade very dear to my heart.  I'd love to see a good figure of Olorotitan, Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus...  I thought about Bullyland's offering on the latter, but I heard that their plastic is quite rubbery and I prefer something a bit more solid.  I guess I'm just being ridiculously picky. :-\
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

ceratopsian

I'll still speak to you avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod!  I wouldn't be averse to a really good Parasaurolophus. But I would really love to see a good Corythosaurus from among your other suggestions.

Tyto_Theropod

Agreed on Corythosaurus - and I'm glad you'll still speak to me! :))
______________________________________________________________________________________

ceratopsian

Jose S.M.

I wouldn't mind another big nice Para either. The Safari one is nice but something doesn't speak to me with it. I have the Battat Terra one and it's nice but I would take something like a Eofauna or PNSO ( in the same line of the anky, stego and Spinops)

Lanthanotus

Scelidosaurus and Plateosaurus .... by CollectA or Eofauna

Shonisaurus

I would definitely like a new arsinoitherium. The one from Collecta is very good but I would prefer a new arsinoitherium with less artistic licenses, in this case from Collecta it is of an acceptable size, not very big but its sculpture could honestly be improved.

On the other hand, the arsinoitherium from Safari is very good and its sculpture is how I would like them to make an arsinoitherium, a brand of toy dinosaurs but its size is too small for my collection. I would like a slightly larger and more attractive arsinoitherium like Collecto's megacerops (I think it's setting the bar very high).

ceratopsian

I would love to have a really good model of Eryops.  Perhaps it would fit nicely into the CollectA line.  But I think this is a dream rather than likely to happen any time soon!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 22, 2020, 12:21:07 PM
I would love to have a really good model of Eryops.  Perhaps it would fit nicely into the CollectA line.  But I think this is a dream rather than likely to happen any time soon!

An eryops from Collecta or another company would be great. I do not understand that prehistoric amphibians are the great forgotten by most brands of toy dinosaurs.

PrimevalRaptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 21, 2020, 10:34:32 PM

Strongly agree, especially with the new study on Scelidosaurus and both of those being so well preserved and studied. I'm also a bit partial to Plateosaurus since it's an iconic genus from my home country and given it's status as "that classic 'prosauropod' you gotta include for the Triassic" it's a shame we don't got an ideal model yet (though I think the Carnegie is fairly close and I do still like the Bullyland one despite the outdated posture).

I'd also like to see a new Albertosaurus now that Gorgosaurus got some neat representation from Papo (or even a Daspletosaurus, just...any larger tyrannosaur that's not T.rex).

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on August 22, 2020, 01:14:09 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 21, 2020, 10:34:32 PM

Strongly agree, especially with the new study on Scelidosaurus and both of those being so well preserved and studied. I'm also a bit partial to Plateosaurus since it's an iconic genus from my home country and given it's status as "that classic 'prosauropod' you gotta include for the Triassic" it's a shame we don't got an ideal model yet (though I think the Carnegie is fairly close and I do still like the Bullyland one despite the outdated posture).

I'd also like to see a new Albertosaurus now that Gorgosaurus got some neat representation from Papo (or even a Daspletosaurus, just...any larger tyrannosaur that's not T.rex).

Agree on all of these, and Eryops as well.

Loon

There's been a couple of Longisquama toys, right? I'd want a good Longisquama. Doesn't have to be big, I'd take it in a toob of Triassic reptiles. Maybe throw in a Drepanosaur.

But for dinosaurs, I was just thinking about how there aren't any good, widely available figures of Compsognathus. You'd think a species as famous and as important as that would have better figures.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Loon on August 22, 2020, 10:28:53 PM
But for dinosaurs, I was just thinking about how there aren't any good, widely available figures of Compsognathus. You'd think a species as famous and as important as that would have better figures.

I agree!  I'd love a large scale compy, possibly with some dinofuzz on its head and back.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Loon on August 22, 2020, 10:28:53 PM
There's been a couple of Longisquama toys, right? I'd want a good Longisquama. Doesn't have to be big, I'd take it in a toob of Triassic reptiles. Maybe throw in a Drepanosaur.

Yeah, all of these. I think there have been two Longisquama toys, both very cartoony (Moose and Morbi).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

I'd like a good Caudipteryx. The Carnegie one is far too large for me, and I'm not even a scale collector. Hopefully Kaiyodo or PNSO make a mini at some point.

Jose S.M.

I just remembered, I'm not actually anxious for it but would like a new "definitive" affordable Diplodocus. I have the Safari one and like it's body a lot but it's face is not as great. It's not terrible but I prefer the Carnegie one's face but I don't like the pose of that one.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Loon

I've been going through my collection recently, and I can say that quite a few figures I own could use updates:

Europasaurus
Mamenchisaurus
Carcharodontosaurus
Shonisaurus
Monolophosaurus
Cryolophosaurus
Kelenken

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.